A great feeling at Cappielow..

That really is some interview. Do you think the journo has printed 'off the record' comments?

If it's an April Fool thing, then it's a bit near the knuckle.

Edited by Scary Bear

Can't keep Dougie out of the papers today it seems.

He's in today's Greenock Telegraph, which I will paraphrase as the Tele has a paywall so most won't be able to read the article:

• He would be willing to sell the club, but doesn't believe that anyone would want to buy them
  • He has not made any decision about our FT status next season or if Shiels will be in charge. He'll decide when the season is over.
  • Re-iterates his disappointment in how Shiels has done since he came in, but not in as candid a way as that Evening Times article

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/morton/articles/2014/04/01/493527-exclusive--rae--id-be-prepared-to-sell--but-to-who/

Just read the article - is this an attempt at an April Fools joke from Rae?

Given that tonight could be Morton's last chance of survival, the timing is bizarre; if it was meant as some kind of motivational boot up the backside, it has been greatly misjudged. I don't like Shiels and have never rated him as a manager but he's been completely hung out to dry by the guy who was singing his praises as Morton's saviour only a few months ago.

I don't envision there being any reconciliation between the two and I fully expect Shiels to roll this out as another example of how he's been victimised by the Scottish media and that this would never have happened had he been part of the "Old Firm mafia".

The last chance at survival departed a long time ago. The timing of his, long awaited, comments on the situation is fine (fans have been calling for a statement on our relegation for weeks). It's the content of his statements that are a bit off. I dont think it occurs to Rae that it's his judgment in appointing managers that's the problem here (he proudly stated at the time that he would take his time in appointing a new manager, and judge them on their interviews). The fact is that he let yet another manager talk his way into a job.

What he really should do is get rid of shiels and get some proper help in appointing a new manager - can't see the latter, the former seems like a matter of time.

Without (I hope) being age-ist ...you cant beat an octogenarian multi millionaire for a good soundbite. Dougie has been a rich source for the journos in recent times and I can only imagine it will get worse (or better ,if you're a journo) It really is time up now - which is a shame ,because the guy is a genuine fan - for the best part of a century, and he's trying his hardest to bring success to his club. I don't want to see folk turning on him.

Shiels seems to contradict Wonka's interview in today's Scotsman. Not in the online version at the moment.

"There is an air of expectancy regarding where we will be playing next season. However we will not just lie down and accept things.

" My view is that we start preparing for next season by trying to bring some positivity between now and the end of this season. We will start rbuilding now to ensurevthat if we drop out of the Championship, then we are only out of it for one year. We are starting again and bearing in mind we have good players here, and a good youth system, there is lots to work with.

" We lost 3-0 to Queen of the South on Saturday but that was an unfair scoreline. If we can build on the good play we saw and cut out the mistakes that cost us goals, we can beat Dumbarton."

Seems to be a difference of opinions. Unfortunately when these are between the club owner and the incumbent manager there is usually only one winner.

I see Shug Murray is clear of suspension for tonights game too.

Shiels seems to contradict Wonka's interview in today's Scotsman. Not in the online version at the moment.

"There is an air of expectancy regarding where we will be playing next season. However we will not just lie down and accept things.

" My view is that we start preparing for next season by trying to bring some positivity between now and the end of this season. We will start rbuilding now to ensurevthat if we drop out of the Championship, then we are only out of it for one year. We are starting again and bearing in mind we have good players here, and a good youth system, there is lots to work with.

" We lost 3-0 to Queen of the South on Saturday but that was an unfair scoreline. If we can build on the good play we saw and cut out the mistakes that cost us goals, we can beat Dumbarton."

Seems to be a difference of opinions. Unfortunately when these are between the club owner and the incumbent manager there is usually only one winner.

I see Shug Murray is clear of suspension for tonights game too.

:lol:

:lol:

Not sure what you are laughing at. It clearly was an unfair scoreline. If we'd taken our chances we would have won by five or six. Pretty decent of Kenny to acknowledge that to be fair. Most opposition managers wouldn't.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Not sure what you are laughing at. It clearly was an unfair scoreline. If we'd taken our chances we would have won by five or six. Pretty decent of Kenny to acknowledge that to be fair. Most opposition managers wouldn't.

Fair point.

Kenny, if you're reading this, Im truly, humbly sorry.

He better not play tonight, he's a fucking liability.

I'm sure Murray will pick his strongest available team tonight. A vital game for the Sons playoff push. No doubt Shug will end up at Ayr United next season in order that he and the Ton support can continue their love-hate relationship ;)

Is that Sir Shug of Paisley finally finished then? :(

I was happy when he signed and he started off well enough, but he's been out of the picture for a while despite being apparently fit, then when he has come in he's been prone to a card.

I was happy when he signed and he started off well enough, but he's been out of the picture for a while despite being apparently fit, then when he has come in he's been prone to a card.

This.

Started for the first time in ages at Falkirk last week, played utterly shite and proceeded to get himself sent off.

Ho! Ho! This thread is a celebration of all things disastrously Morton. Stop discussing aging players who are now only fit for the juniors....or Morton.

Edited by Scary Bear

Can't keep Dougie out of the papers today it seems.

He's in today's Greenock Telegraph, which I will paraphrase as the Tele has a paywall so most won't be able to read the article:

• He would be willing to sell the club, but doesn't believe that anyone would want to buy them
  • He has not made any decision about our FT status next season or if Shiels will be in charge. He'll decide when the season is over.
  • Re-iterates his disappointment in how Shiels has done since he came in, but not in as candid a way as that Evening Times article

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/morton/articles/2014/04/01/493527-exclusive--rae--id-be-prepared-to-sell--but-to-who/

Wonka says only a fan or an idiot would by the club. Surely the two aren't mutually exclusive?