Grand Theft Auto V

Because you cant really BETA test on a console game of that size and QA testing only covers so much, you need to realise that there are clever people out there who can do things like hack and mod multimillion dollar games, Call Of Duty has been dealing with it forever. By long afterwards you mean, what? Less than a month? It worked fine after a couple of weeks. The situation they were put in at launch was completely unique and not something any company could've planned for. You've seen PSN, Steam and the Nintendo eShop go down the last couple of days due to high demand and nowhere near the demand that GTAO had.

True. They can think of 99% of things, but some tool in his bedroom with far too much time on his hands is going to find a way around it. Most developers will always be playing catch-up with these kinds of things, especially when it's online. Unfortunately, once one gets in, it's finger-in-the-dyke time. There's no real turning back without the massive reset, which would be a suicidal for Rockstar. There's people out there charging for information on modding, which is just going to get more idiots doing it. Hopefully there's a more creative solution Rockstar can come up with, because it's sounding like online is dead if not.

I'm miles behind everyone on here no doubt, but I can just say that the discussion between Michael and Trevor, which ends with Michael calling Trevor a hipster, is genuinely one of the funniest things I've heard :lol:

Wait until you've got Lamar and Trevor in the same place :lol:

I'd actually thought Lamar had disappeared until he recently popped up again, its beyond my imagination what that'll be like!

Either way Trevor is a hero, a fucking hero

I'd actually thought Lamar had disappeared until he recently popped up again, its beyond my imagination what that'll be like!

Either way Trevor is a hero, a fucking hero

Aye mate, some of Trevor's dialogue is class.

Finally online last night and had a few hours.

Pissing myself at the first real mission to grab the Drugs. This Mo Mo I was on with managed to chase down the guy, I killed the AI and right away this lad jumped in his car and sped off back to the safe house. All I needed to do was pick up the bag and take a sunday drive back to the safehouse for full JP, XP and Cash.

As soon as we got out this guy, having realised his error decided I had to die. Managed to lose him in the changing rooms at the local Clothes shop.

Tried to invite him to a race 15 minutes later only to find that he'd Blocked me.

Love this.

Played online for the first time the other night and think i was just dropped into an open map where the first thing that happened was a guy came running over and started swinging for me and before i could do anything a car blazed by and the guy was just obliterated.

whats the best fun to be had online with this?

the open world is just like a big lobby is it? i tried to start a couple of missions but nobody joined and i gave up.

A few pointers to start off with please.

Online can be pretty intimidating at first. You start with rubbish weapons and it seems like every nutcase on the planet is waiting round the corner with a big gum or tank! I found the best way of playing is to join a crew. (If your on PS3 join the p+b KAPE crew). It definitely cuts down on the "bawbagery" and gives you a lot more options when playing.

The online experience was ruined by quite a few things, Rockstar's updates for one, they took far too long to fix serious issues and instead focused on people's money. Modders were another factor, stealing peoples hard earned cars, being unkillable, glitching money into everyone who didnt want it. Mostly for me the online was ruined by the jobs. They are all so generic and mindless.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

The online experience was ruined by quite a few things, Rockstar's updates for one, they took far too long to fix serious issues and instead focused on people's money. Modders were another factor, stealing peoples hard earned cars, being unkillable, glitching money into everyone who didnt want it. Mostly for me the online was ruined by the jobs. They are all so generic and mindless.

I still have a laugh on it most nights, tbf.