Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Don't cancel that popcorn order yet. Evening times reports that today is the last day that wages are covered by monies paid pre-administration. Tomorrow the longknives could be out.....

*insert YouTube cinema butterkist advert here*

Kia Ora orange, popcorn, Crusader nuts... available in the foyer now. After the show, visit the Raj Tandoori, across from this theatre...

...one for the auld farts, like me.

Grave dancing shoes, out the box ready for a spit and polish...

Administrators may have found £4 million of the missing Ticketus money, believed to have been paid as VAT though they're not certain yet.

Administrators apparently unsure if rangers can be saved.

That's about all I got, it was a quiet day.

Cheers..Maybe tomorrow eh :D

Administrators apparently unsure if rangers can be saved.

My, they've changed their tune in what, a fortnight? It was going to be business as usual and jam tomorrow once the money had stopped resting in Mr Whyte's accounts.

My, they've changed their tune in what, a fortnight? It was going to be business as usual and jam tomorrow once the money had stopped resting in Mr Whyte's accounts.

As I say, apparently. It was mentioned by Gerry McCulloch on the SSN report earlier, he said the administrators had told him as much. We can but hope.

IIRC one was on goal difference (Dunfermline rolleyes.gif ) after their run to the UEFA Cup final

While Rangers were beating Dunfermline 6-1, Celtic were pumping us 4-0 at Rugby Park. They lost all 8 matches against the Old Firm that season, and were also pumped 6-0 by Rangers at the start of the season - long before anyone expected goal difference to be important.

Indeed, they have gone from Rangers will survive, to Rangers might survive in 2 short weeks.

Meanwhile, Craig Whyte stood on the steps of Ibrox and told the fans that administration was a measure taken to sort out Rangers finances sharply and to expect them out of it by the end of March when the audited accounts deadline was due and a CVA is agreed. Fast forward 10 days and he's live on SSN telling Jim White that he can't possibly give a timescale for exiting administration, or indeed when he'll even be back in the country.

A lot of backtracking from the grandiose statements that were made in the immediate aftermath by various people inside the club, which would be worrying me greatly if I was a Rangers fan.

Fortunately though, I'm not, so it's fucking brilliant!

Not only could tomorrow be Liquidation Thursday (if this does happen I demand some artistic bugger to create a suitable graphic, ideally involving a stereotypical Rangers fan) but it is definetly payday for myself, with my wages backdated till the 20th of February. And even if they aren't liquidated there are surely going to be some huge player cuts at Ibrox resulting in tear-stained rants on Rangers forums, tear-filled calls to various radio call-in shows, tear-stained rants on P&B, tear-stained rants on Facebook...

post-19852-0-06642000-1330551621_thumb.j

Not only could tomorrow be Liquidation Thursday (if this does happen I demand some artistic bugger to create a suitable graphic, ideally involving a stereotypical Rangers fan)

Not hot on the graphic design, but I can provide a stereotypical Rangers fan:

dogbiteAP1505_468x339.jpg

Not only could tomorrow be Liquidation Thursday (if this does happen I demand some artistic bugger to create a suitable graphic, ideally involving a stereotypical Rangers fan) but it is definetly payday for myself, with my wages backdated till the 20th of February. And even if they aren't liquidated there are surely going to be some huge player cuts at Ibrox resulting in tear-stained rants on Rangers forums, tear-filled calls to various radio call-in shows, tear-stained rants on P&B, tear-stained rants on Facebook...

post-19852-0-06642000-1330551621_thumb.j

isn't it the case that any players left after tomorrow become the employees of the administrators.

and i doubt they will be looking to pay big wages out.

the sad thing is there will be more than the players getting laid off.I was told after looking at the staffing

figures ian durrant will be away aswell.

Been suggested it would be unfair to do this when folk away on international duty, which is fair enough. Suspect tomorrow may be the day, Friday latest.

Administrators don't do fairness, Usually. This lot do.

Getting Gordon Smith to go by the end of the month. The right answer on behalf of the creditors is 'right Gordon clear your desk, you are finished here', Why did they extend his employment past the 14 day threshold and incur extra liabilities?

And as for Durrant. Why do they need so many hangers on. All they have to do it get a SPL team on the park till the end of the season. 20 fit players and half a dozen other staff, and get the others out.

When did Rangers decide they were going into administration? If they had decided and then continued to trade including stealing money from Dundee Utd knowing they were intending to choose to go down the tube, that is criminal stuff. Maybe this is a case for a Freedom of Information request from Rangers.

In fact just on that, a FOI request to the SFA or SPL to find out what they knew about the financial status and reckless behaviour of Rangers (and some other well known clubs) would be very interesting. Not just what they knew, but when they knew it. This I suspect is the smoking bomb in Scottish football.

Been thinking about all the other famous "March's". There's been The Wedding March, Middlemarch, March of the Valkyries, even March of the Swivelheads. I'm sure there are more.

Well Duff & Phelps could just be about to make this March, March 2012, be the best of the fucking lot. Starting tomorrow.

Do it lads. You know it makes sense.