Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I can only speak for myself...I have never wanted to join the EPL..i cant think of anything worse than that TBH. I support Rangers and i support Scottish football as a whole. I would never want Rangers to ditch Scottish football. I have always said i wanted a stronger league..a more competitive league and more media exposure for the rest of Scottish Football. This could bring about change in the game here for the good ... i just don't know what the future holds but it hurts like hell right now.

I know this for sure...I certainly would take no pleasure in the demise of any Scottish Football Club.

Funny that so many claim we have no love for the game in Scotland and couldn't care less about the other clubs here..We are not the ones polishing our dancing shoes for Dunfermline Athletic..We , as a suport , are putting our problems to the side for a weekend and are going to travel through to show them support.

We didnae want to ditch yes for loads of money - at least no' once the english saw what we did to Manchester and F*cked us right off. So gaunie let us back into the league we've been cheating for years, and carry on rapin' a' the young talent fae your teams? Gaunie, pleeeaassee....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nobody on this board would welcome the death of another SCOTTISH football team, but that's not what rangers are about, is it, now? Ulster, Union flags, GSTQ... There isn't a decent Scot, let alone a decent Scots football fan, that won't be glad to see the back of at least on of the monolithic temples of bigotry that taint our country - because then we can start thinking about how to get rid of "the other cheek" - assuming they don't get all confused having no-one to hate and just wither away.

In summary, hell mend ye - rangers have been a vile stench in the nostrils of decent people for too long - Big fish in a weegie pond - unfortunately they failed to cover their tracks, and HMRC are a much bigger, and hungrier, fish.

KTID

Great post, pozbaird.

I'll add getting abused in the streets of Hamilton as I walked home with my teenage pals after we'd been at Ibrox for our 1-0 win in 1987. Cars slowing down for their occupants to shout vile abuse at us. And of course many little incidents since, from the arrogant work colleague that cannot comprehend why I'd support Hamilton Accies; locals asking why I don't support a proper team like Rangers; the guy in his 30s or 40s winding down his window to shout "up the Gers" at me after a game last season. Well done sir, your mighty (ha!) team beat Accies thanks to a last minute goal. He must have been so proud, as he made his way back to his Hamilton abode.

Liquidation and many years waiting to get back in the league is what I am fervently hoping for.

OK. I'll bite and tell you why my grave dancing shoes are on standby. My wife had to go to Barcelona on business a while back. She arrived there the day after Rangers played Barcelona in the Champions League. Nothing she could do about the date, her meetings and seminars with Spanish colleagues were in place. The dates were locked. On Las Ramblas, she witnessed large groups of Rangers fans who were staying on to make a week of it, absolutely rat-arsed, openly urinating in the street and shouting 'Fcuk the Pope!' at full volume, mixed in with the usual sectarian songbook. I don't think I need to elaborate on her and her Spanish colleagues reaction. After a couple of days pretending she was German, at the airport on the way home another large group of Rangers fans came into the terminal. One of them had a ghetto blaster on his shoulder, and it was blaring out a loyalist CD at full volume. Airport security approached the group to challenge them, and the guy with the ghetto blaster shouted in their face "If youse don't fcukin' like it, youse can just get tae' fcuk. Fcukin' feenyan basturts'. Again, I don't think I need to tell you what she was feeling. Embarrassed, embarrassed to be Scottish, to be associated with this in any way. My wife isn't a football fan, she didn't make this up to have a dig at Rangers.

You'll notice that I haven't even mentioned Manchester, Barcelona 72, the Rangers trips to Newcastle and Birmingham, the stoning of the Villarreal team bus, the sectarian warnings and fines from UEFA. I haven't mentioned Rangers fans invading the Love Street pitch in '77, or Rangers fans playing flutes and urinating in Celtic's 'Jungle' during the Scottish Cup semi final between St Mirren and Rangers in the early 80's. I could also mention being pelted with coins at the Hampden replay. Hell, I could even mention the Rangers fan at Ibrox who, while I was simply buying a match programme, spat at my feet and asked me (about two inches away from my face), why a 'feenyan basturt like me' was at Ibrox. That incident marked my last ever trip to your midden. Never went back, wouldn't give Rangers the shite oot' ma' sweetcorn, much less any of my money.

The sooner your football club gets shot between the fcuking eyes, the better.

So a few supporters were pissed and made arses of themself...I take it you have never been to a Scotland away game? You actually mentioned Rangers fans invading the pitch in 1977..I can remember another set of supporters doing far worse in 1977. I take it you were supporting Slovenia last night then if you find drunken football supporters so offensive

So a few supporters were pissed and made arses of themself...I take it you have never been to a Scotland away game? You actually mentioned Rangers fans invading the pitch in 1977..I can remember another set of supporters doing far worse in 1977. I take it you were supporting Slovenia last night then if you find drunken football supporters so offensive

^^^ deflect, deflect.

Hat off to you sir. For starting this thread & that post above ;)

The green lot arent much better.

Perhaps Rangers fans should take a step back and ask themselves why so many people are enjoying their demise.

You reap what you sow.

Have you read that Rangers forum?

They are too thick to grasp anything.Its all the Daily Rhebels fault :blink:

What do you mean by 'the club' though? The club as an institution is liquidated in this plan. It is currently being run by administrators, and Craig Whyte is in hiding in Monaco, having nothing to do with it.

I don't see where the leadership for this is coming from within the existing club. If it comes from a fans group or a fabled 'Blue Knight', then they have to put in a lot more ground-work, and aren't guaranteed to pull everyone in the same direction. That's before the question of assets and where they'd play on Day 1 is brought up.

Sorry I did mean Administrators and not the club, its means they have time for someone to save the club and its also better for the club as if they survive to end of the season and if they do go into liquidation then there is a possibility of staying in SPL as a new club ie Rangers 2012.

We aren't discussing the Tartan Army, or any other set of fans. We're discussing why so many of us diddy team fans are somewhat short of sympathy for Rangers. Trust me, at any St Mirren v Morton Renfrewshire derby, there are arseholes looking for square go's at Greenock train station, or fighting battles up and down Murray Street in Paisley. I'm pretty sure all Celtic fans who went to Seville weren't angels, nor are any large groups of supporters to varying degrees right across the planet. Want to discuss the rampant racist gangs in Poland and beyond? The Italian Ultras who throw burning mopeds from stands? The deaths in Egypt? The riots and stabbings in River Plate v Boca Juniors games? The Dutch hooligans? Fancy an in-depth discussion about West Ham v Millwall, Swansea v Cardiff?....

No, me neither.

Popcorn. Now.

Edited by pozbaird

Rangers are a cancer on Scottish football. They need to be cut out. I dodged a bullet coming from a family with Rangers sympathies, but gravitating to St Mirren thanks to a right thinking friend. This thread is largely populated by similar right thinking football supporters. I feel at home. Cheers for that.

I think I'll be generous and make HibeeJibee feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

How many SPL rules have Rangers broken by not giving Dunfermline the ticket money ?

Edited by GordieBoy80

WTF are Duff & Duffer doing? Ranger players have been given 3 options............

Since when did any administrators give employees options on what happens to them? The aim is to minimise operating costs. That means large numbers players and management team losing their jobs - end of story.

1330629785[/url]' post='6016731']

OK. I'll bite and tell you why my grave dancing shoes are on standby. My wife had to go to Barcelona on business a while back. She arrived there the day after Rangers played Barcelona in the Champions League. Nothing she could do about the date, her meetings and seminars with Spanish colleagues were in place. The dates were locked. On Las Ramblas, she witnessed large groups of Rangers fans who were staying on to make a week of it, absolutely rat-arsed, openly urinating in the street and shouting 'Fcuk the Pope!' at full volume, mixed in with the usual sectarian songbook. I don't think I need to elaborate on her and her Spanish colleagues reaction. After a couple of days pretending she was German, at the airport on the way home another large group of Rangers fans came into the terminal. One of them had a ghetto blaster on his shoulder, and it was blaring out a loyalist CD at full volume. Airport security approached the group to challenge them, and the guy with the ghetto blaster shouted in their face "If youse don't fcukin' like it, youse can just get tae' fcuk. Fcukin' feenyan basturts'. Again, I don't think I need to tell you what she was feeling. Embarrassed, embarrassed to be Scottish, to be associated with this in any way. My wife isn't a football fan, she didn't make this up to have a dig at Rangers.

You'll notice that I haven't even mentioned Manchester, Barcelona 72, the Rangers trips to Newcastle and Birmingham, the stoning of the Villarreal team bus, the sectarian warnings and fines from UEFA. I haven't mentioned Rangers fans invading the Love Street pitch in '77, or Rangers fans playing flutes and urinating in Celtic's 'Jungle' during the Scottish Cup semi final between St Mirren and Rangers in the early 80's. I could also mention being pelted with coins at the Hampden replay. Hell, I could even mention the Rangers fan at Ibrox who, while I was simply buying a match programme, spat at my feet and asked me (about two inches away from my face), why a 'feenyan basturt like me' was at Ibrox. That incident marked my last ever trip to your midden. Never went back, wouldn't give Rangers the sweetcorn oot' ma' shite, much less any of my money.

Might get this framed.

We aren't discussing the Tartan Army, or any other set of fans. We're discussing why so many of us diddy team fans are somewhat short of sympathy for Rangers. Trust me, at any St Mirren v Morton Renfrewshire derby, there are arseholes looking for square go's at Greenock train station, or fighting battles up and down Murray Street in Paisley. I'm pretty sure all Celtic fans who went to Seville weren't angels, nor are any large groups of supporters to varying degrees right across the planet. Want to discuss the rampant racist gangs in Poland and beyond? The Italian Ultras who throw burning mopeds from stands? The deaths in Egypt? The riots and stabbings in River Plate v Boca Juniors games? The Dutch hooligans? Fancy an in-depth discussion about West Ham v Millwall, Swansea v Cardiff?....

No, me neither.

Popcorn. Now.

You were the one who gave drunken hooligans as your reason for taking such delight in our demise. I am just wondering why it is OK for Scottish fans to go on drunken rampages all over London in 1977 and for countless years before and after.

Maybe the reason has nothing to do with the support and more to do with Rangers on and off field success. I can accept that and i am sure if Man Utd were ever in this state many English clubs would feel the same way...Now whether that would be good for the game down there is highly debatable just as Rangers going out the game could be catastrophic for Scottish football. No matter if you like it or not the money we generate for other clubs is vital for them. I am sure your chairman said this recently but i just heard that through a 3rd party..so not 100% certain.

No matter what happens in the coming weeks Rangers will survive in some form or another...I am not so sure we can say that about countless other clubs and i find that worrying for our game.

You have your fun and games but i just don't want to hear people like you care about the game in Scotland as a whole..That is patently not true

You sum up the very reason I don't attend Scotland games, don't want to be associated with their drunken fans, and if Scotland get beat I can say it doesn't really bother me, much the same if England win, and the reason I rarely visit the Tartan Army forum on here. Not really the point here though is it? This is all about the imminent demise of Rangers.

You were the one who gave drunken hooligans as your reason for taking such delight in our demise. I am just wondering why it is OK for Scottish fans to go on drunken rampages all over London in 1977 and for countless years before and after.

Maybe the reason has nothing to do with the support and more to do with Rangers on and off field success. I can accept that and i am sure if Man Utd were ever in this state many English clubs would feel the same way...Now whether that would be good for the game down there is highly debatable just as Rangers going out the game could be catastrophic for Scottish football. No matter if you like it or not the money we generate for other clubs is vital for them. I am sure your chairman said this recently but i just heard that through a 3rd party..so not 100% certain.

No matter what happens in the coming weeks Rangers will survive in some form or another...I am not so sure we can say that about countless other clubs and i find that worrying for our game.

You have your fun and games but i just don't want to hear people like you care about the game in Scotland as a whole..That is patently not true

Bloody hell. I'm starting to feel I'm a character in that cartoon 'Explaining debt to a H*n' video that's on YouTube. Are you morbidly obese and on invalidity benefit by the way? Rangers will never die.... we are the people... Anyway, I digress. Did you actually read my post that you quoted? I went out of my way NOT to defend the 'antics' of the Tartan Army, and pointed out that there are arseholes/troublemakers/outright violent psycopaths in all supports - St Mirren and Morton for example.... Well, certainly arseholes and troublemakers. I've seen wee kids get caught up in their 'fun' and it is out of order.

I'm not excusing anything, but we aren't discussing that. We're discussing Rangers, and why we don't like them.... I give up.

Edited by Mr X

Bloody hell. I'm starting to feel I'm a character in that cartoon 'Explaining debt to a H*n' video that's on YouTube. Are you morbidly obese and on invalidity benefit by the way? Rangers will never die.... we are the people... Anyway, I digress. Did you actually read my post that you quoted? I went out of my way NOT to defend the 'antics' of the Tartan Army, and pointed out that there are arseholes/troublemakers/outright violent psycopaths in all supports - St Mirren and Morton for example.... Well, certainly arseholes and troublemakers. I've seen wee kids get caught up in their 'fun' and it is out of order.

I'm not excusing anything, but we aren't discussing that. We're discussing Rangers, and why we don't like them.... I give up.

So the reason you dislike Rangers Football Club is their supporters are arseholes /troublemakers/ outright violent psychopaths but you say all clubs have a number of supporters like this

It all makes sense now :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr X

You'll notice that I haven't even mentioned Manchester, Barcelona 72, the Rangers trips to Newcastle and Birmingham, the stoning of the Villarreal team bus, the sectarian warnings and fines from UEFA. I haven't mentioned Rangers fans invading the Love Street pitch in '77, or Rangers fans playing flutes and urinating in Celtic's 'Jungle' during the Scottish Cup semi final between St Mirren and Rangers in the early 80's. I could also mention being pelted with coins at the Hampden replay. Hell, I could even mention the Rangers fan at Ibrox who, while I was simply buying a match programme, spat at my feet and asked me (about two inches away from my face), why a 'feenyan basturt like me' was at Ibrox. That incident marked my last ever trip to your midden. Never went back, wouldn't give Rangers the sweetcorn oot' ma' shite, much less any of my money.

No arguments. My father is foreign, and at the time had no preference for a Scottish team. He told me about he went to Ibrox to watch Rangers, and was racially abused by multiple Rangers fans, and the stewards did not care. He told me about how he went to the toilet, and 2 Neanderthals stood around him calling all sorts of racist names under the sun. This was his first experience of Scottish football at the hands of "the people". He then went to Celtic Park, and his experience was the complete opposite (I remember this as a kid), they welcomed him, knew he was a "newbie" and treated him with utmost respect.

As a youngster I also experienced racial abuse generally. However, let me tell you, in almost every instance (bar one), the person dishing it out was a Rangers fan.

"A few supporters"... Funny how everyone in this thread will have similar stories involving these supporters...

They must really get about, these few guys.