Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From the BBC:

Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor has furiously denied that he has refused to take a wage cut and he says he has offered to make a huge salary sacrifice to help his team mates and the club.

McGregor's solicitor is threatening legal action should anyone report as fact that he refused to take a pay cut.

SportsoundBilly Dodds on about SPL mark 2. Entry by invitation only, to ensure derbies. No promotion possible presumably for clubs with low support or based far from the central belt. Fud extraondinaire. And Chick's double act with Doncaster. Newco Rangers could either be kept in SPL or cease to exist. Bollocks, they could apply for admission to the SFL, Div 3.

as best as i can tell there is no facilty to simply admit them to sfl, and doubt if they could afford to run ibrox in sfl3...in fact dont see how a phoenix newco in sfl3 would even get off the ground...what consortium would agree to a minimum of 3 years worth of massive losses then have to invest even more cash to build an spl standard squad.simply isnt a viable business plan without a gullible multimillionaire backer. i fear that for a long while now the players in question ie admins, whyte and maybe even the spl were well aware of this and the manoeuvering has been about how to parachute a newco back into spl...and brush all the probs, debt and corruption under the carpet. doncaster now seems to have been on several media outlets peddling the line that the board can let a newco in....and the one club that would object most to this presumably is dufc who are in the relegation slot currently....and have just been told they will get their cash from rfc...hmmm

I'd still pay the same price for my season ticket as would thousands of other bears, our wage bill would be reduced for the lower leagues so i rekon we'd survive Most fans see the 3rd division as being preferable to being hamstrung in the top league as we will need time to rebuild. If numbers at Ibrox fell dramaticly we could shut a stand or some of the top tiers but i don't think they'll drop that much.

Just guess work on my part along with the musings of other bears. The Dunfermline situation does seem a bit strange to me too.

SportsoundBilly Dodds on about SPL mark 2. Entry by invitation only, to ensure derbies. No promotion possible presumably for clubs with low support or based far from the central belt. Fud extraondinaire. And Chick's double act with Doncaster. Newco Rangers could either be kept in SPL or cease to exist. Bollocks, they could apply for admission to the SFL, Div 3.

I don't see the problem. I'm all for the "cease to exist" option, personally.

Typical 'superior' mentality that is prevails all to often with your ilk.

Why would a 'newco Rangers' be a boost to lower league teams? Effectively negating promotion for these clubs for a year in whatever league you're in? Your vile fans coming to towns like Stenhousemuir, Annan and Elgin...towns that have lived a relatively charmed life in that they've rarely, if ever, had the displeasure of suffering your horrible brand of 'human being' roaming their streets on a matchday, intimidating and patronising locals?

Let's be perfectly honest here. No-one in the SPL, SFA or SFL, or any fan of any other club in Scotland owes Rangers a fucking thing. You are correctly being called out for cheating and unfortunately, Neil Doncaster, like so many before him, is willing to turn the blindest of eyes, roll over part his cheeks and think of the cash. You have bled this game dry for years, taken every opportunity to piss on it from a height and run it and it's 'smaller clubs' (your fucking bread and butter by the way) down as 'uncompetitive' and 'unambitious'. You've struggled and fought for nigh on a decade, to be removed from this 'shitey backwater league' and get a move to England. So I propose that you go and take a flying f**k to yourselves and enjoy the prospect of a 'Newco Rangers' trying their hand at gaining entry to an English counties division or better yet, the fabled Atlantic league. We don't want you, we don't need you, we don't fucking like you. Go away and stay away.

You don't want us then fair enough thats up to you but your attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm no fan of his after his approach to selling 10-team SPL but people seem to forget he's an employee who works for the clubs (and the Board). It's not the other way around. He doesn't tell them what to do, he's their agent.

indeed which makes his approach on a newco simply walking into the spl even more depressing...suggests he has been empowered to say that will be allowed, presumably by the board. all very shabby.

I wonder if he'd be happy to admit any of the other clubs straight back into the SPL if they went under :rolleyes:.

According to Charles he would, the rules would be the same.

Making it up as they go along as per .........

I'd still pay the same price for my season ticket as would thousands of other bears, our wage bill would be reduced for the lower leagues so i rekon we'd survive Most fans see the 3rd division as being preferable to being hamstrung in the top league as we will need time to rebuild. If numbers at Ibrox fell dramaticly we could shut a stand or some of the top tiers but i don't think they'll drop that much.

Just guess work on my part along with the musings of other bears. The Dunfermline situation does seem a bit strange to me too.

If the SPL voted against a new Rangers team for the SPL ( which morally they should IMO) there is no guarantee the SFL would vote them in either. There have been other clubs trying to get in for years. I'd imagine a buyout of another club was more likely.

As I said earlier... if it goes to an SPL vote. I will never return to any ground where the club voted in favour of a new Rangers getting back in the SPL. Even if they're rejected I won't go back to any away ground who voted to keep them.

I don't see the problem. I'm all for the "cease to exist" option, personally.

Me too, but it amounts to a blackmail threat to the 6 people on the SPL board. "Do you want to have to check your post for letter bombs for the foreseeable future by killing off Rangers for good?" It's also a lie, there is an SFL option.

From the BBC:

McGregor's solicitor is threatening legal action should anyone report as fact that he refused to take a pay cut.

McGregor has refused to take a pay cut 8)..... Fact!

(I aint got any cash so feck it)

Well if anyone has time, have a look at the rules book:

http://www.scotprem....8CURRENT%29.pdf

ps just listening to chick young on the radio and i really hate these biased journalist. BBC need to get fair coverage and they are not providing that.

Sorry if I'm missing something, or if its been mentioned before but how can Rangers get entry to the SPL as a newco when the rules state:

The association football clubs eligible to participate in the League in any Season shall, subject to the Articles of Association and Rules, be those Clubs which participated in the League in the immediately preceding Season, except that, subject to Rules A2.2, A2.3 and A2.4, the Club finishing in last place in the League in the immediately preceding Season shall not be eligible to participate in the League and shall be relegated to the SFL and the Candidate Club shall be promoted from the SFL and admitted entry to the League.

1) A newco club wouldn't have participated in previous season

2) Surely it is then in the SFL's court to put Rangers forward as "the candidate club".

3) Otherwise allowing entry to a newco would require a new constitution??

You don't want us then fair enough thats up to you but your attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah Robert, have a long hard look at yourself for fucks sake, this guys right, you must see it now its been pointed out to you.