Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

BBC website quote says

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster tells BBC Scotland's Sportsound that if Rangers go into liquidation there is no guarantee that they would be re-admitted into the top league, and that there is no provision for them entering the Scottish Football League.

He said there was no guarantee but the SPL Board would decide (and we all know the outcome of that!). He was strong in that there was no system to allow them to be in the SFL. What about a 1000 point reduction and relegation?

Neil Doncaster on Sportsound saying that either Rangers (same company as now or newco) will exist in the SPL or not at all. There is zero chance of them starting life as a newco in the SFL. Chic Young can`t hide his excitement.

mad.gif

The way Doncaster keeps dropping wee soundbites about Rangers folding could be a good or bad thing. Either he (knowing more than us or even some at Rangers) is opening up the media/public to the possibility because it could happen. Or he is exaggerating as a bluff to scare off Whyte / administrators going down the newco route.

Either way, that's a few times now he's reffered to the possibility of RIP Rangers altogether. Not sure what to make of it. :huh:

If it does come down to an 11 man vote, it is even funnier that they are talking about boycotts and what not. Christ these people are too thick to survive :lol:

How fucking exciting would an all or nothing vote be. It'd be like the best reality TV show ever

Edit: Should be done at 4.55pm on a Saturday afternoon. Everyone in stadiums watching the results. Could fill out ER for the first time :lol:

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

Good to see Rangers fans planning for next season already

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=213035

Gary McKay Stevens and Johnny Russel. lWhoever owns us this summer, They must do everything in their power, to sign these special talents.

And a lovely reply

Russell's a dirty, stinking tarrier b*****d.

f**k that

my sister in law is cousins with russell. he is defo going to septic in summer. they offered utd £1m plus rasmusen on deadline day there but they declined. He is a typical dark side supported a bigot and hates Rangers. f**k him.

:lol:

Neil Doncaster on Sportsound saying that either Rangers (same company as now or newco) will exist in the SPL or not at all. There is zero chance of them starting life as a newco in the SFL. Chic Young can`t hide his excitement.

mad.gif

Who does this surprise?

Seroiusly, how hard is it to work out how many players it takes to save £250,000 a week, punt them and play reserves or u19s for the rest of the season. We're out of both cups and can't make Europe anyway. What's the actual point in keeping players to give them free transfers in the summer? :unsure:

Short term pain etc etc.

I think £900,000 difference from finishing 2nd to 3rd is a fair amount to the club that is struggling. I very much doubt if the likes of Davis would leave for nothing in the summer but they would have a wages repaid in the transfer deal i think.

Edited by betting competition

Amazingly Doncaster has just said on Radio Scotland that Rangers will either stay in the SPL or not play anywhere else in Scotland. The SPL Board (not the clubs) will make the decision! (Assuming liquidation).

Ooops. sorry Desert Nomad - hadnt read your post. Fucking disgrace if they stay in the SPL.

Superb news, I don't want them polluting the lower leagues.

If the remaining clubs allow these criminals to sail on as if nothing happens, then I'm afraid that's it for me. Scottish football no longer exists. To know that no matter what happens you will never be higher than third, that the SPL condones sectarianism and bigotry (from both Sisters), and that SKY calls the tune by insisting on their right to show the of freakshow as many times as they can - sorry, Killie, I'm done. All these years I've been able to kid myself that somehow, sometime, I could relive 1965 (Yeah, I know, but we all hold forlorn hopes for our sides). That fantasy would die along with my country's credibility in the football world.

KTID

(or until the SPL board greases up and bends over for the Ugly Sisters and SKYs 30 pieces of silver)

Of course SPL does not have rules that say "Rangers FC and Celtic FC cannot be relegated". That doesn't stop them having a TV contract which, one way or another, is subject to them both particpating.

I wouldn't sign a 5-year deal to buy products from someone, if they could stop giving me the 2 core products I want without facility for renegotiation/option. Neither would Sky-ESPN, evidently.

He was employed long after the relevant rules were written, tbf.

good !! :)

Doncaster stood on the steps of Hampden and sternly told the nation that a ten-team SPL is the only option....

We have a 12 team SPL.

I'm a reasonable man, an intelligent man, I try to be reasonable in my forum posting, and not be prone to wild over-reaction.... but I'll make an exception here. Doncaster is a smug cnut, and someone needs to tell him to GTF.

I thought that any player wages cuts would still result in redundancies? Surely wage cuts with frees in the summer wont help make the club an attractive proposition to any new owners....they'll need a whole new team!

It all stinks, the whole thing. I sincerely hope that HMRC and the likes give these admin people a real grilling about whats been done in the last 20 days or so...that alone has cost them a fortune. I'm sure the Pompey (and shortly Port Vale fans) will be wishing these guys were in charge of heir admin....

If it does come down to an 11 man vote, it is even funnier that they are talking about boycotts and what not. Christ these people are too thick to survive :lol:

..but the SPL board isn't the member clubs is it? I thought it was made up of only 6.

HibeeJibee - could you confirm?

All is not lost another quote from bbc website

Jim in Balfron responds to SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster's comments this evening on Sportsound: "With respect to Neil Doncaster his interpretation of his own rules are wrong! In any company it is for the company in general meeting to determine membership . Article 14 of the SPL rules apply and the board MUST abide by that rule which says that the board can only transfer a share or admit a new club on being Directed by the members in general meeting voting with an 83 or 90% majority-- any other action is Ultra Vires and leaves various parties liable in damages!!!!!"

Doncasters finally remembered that Rangers are needed for a tv deal, too late for me. I don't see how he can stop a newco Rangers from joining the SFL as they would no longer be SPL members.

3rd division, start again, rebuild, f**k Doncaster and give the lower league teams a much needed boost.

I thought that any player wages cuts would still result in redundancies? Surely wage cuts with frees in the summer wont help make the club an attractive proposition to any new owners....they'll need a whole new team!

It all stinks, the whole thing. I sincerely hope that HMRC and the likes give these admin people a real grilling about whats been done in the last 20 days or so...that alone has cost them a fortune. I'm sure the Pompey (and shortly Port Vale fans) will be wishing these guys were in charge of heir admin....

Y'know that's the next twist, the HMRC back at the court complaining about haudit and daudit - that'd do nicely!

'mon the customs!

All is not lost another quote from bbc website

Jim in Balfron responds to SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster's comments this evening on Sportsound: "With respect to Neil Doncaster his interpretation of his own rules are wrong! In any company it is for the company in general meeting to determine membership . Article 14 of the SPL rules apply and the board MUST abide by that rule which says that the board can only transfer a share or admit a new club on being Directed by the members in general meeting voting with an 83 or 90% majority-- any other action is Ultra Vires and leaves various parties liable in damages!!!!!"

So in other words Schlongcaster is babbling again?

How is this guy still in a fkin job?