Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hopefully Friday will be more "Dancing on your grave", by Mötorhead :)

Ironically Lemmy claims to be an honorary rangers fan. Surely a contradiction in terms :P

I was going to post the YouTube link to this but thumbs up for liking the same song.

Oh Hell! Here it is anyway

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2V6v6Xa-BI

Nice words of condolence by Lemmy at the start. The bears will no doubt appreciate them.

Traynor and Young saying that things just keep getting worse for Rangers, pontificating about potential buyers, administration, liquidation etc etc, then both smugly say....but we know that Rangers will definately be playing in the SPL next season. Pretty much confirming what most of us believe anyway, but it does beg the question, how do they know this for sure?

Traynor and Young saying that things just keep getting worse for Rangers, pontificating about potential buyers, administration, liquidation etc etc, then both smugly say....but we know that Rangers will definately be playing in the SPL next season. Pretty much confirming what most of us believe anyway, but it does beg the question, how do they know this for sure?

r22rdx.jpg

Dont know if anyone saw Reporting Scotland when they were reporting from Hampen about the non-OF teams meeting to discuss the voting structure and cash split....apparantly we're all kicking Rangers when they're down and ganging up on them...

The other way of looking at it (the correct way) is that the other clubs have a great chance to try and get a democratic voting structure in place and a more reasonable split of any monies!

Sky at Night about to start on BBC4. Help show the world what a dick Chick Young is, tune in now!

Mars is very visible this week, seemingly. I'm sure there's a pun to be had about the Sun or Rangers players seeing stars.

They don't. It's the old Goebbels and Mandelson line that if you tell a lie often enough, people start to believe it and you can make the truth to be anything you want, showing how completely and wilfully out of touch they are with the realities of the situation.

Two pathetic parochial journalists with no concept of the big picture, that Rangers have royally f**ked up in a British, not Scottish context (re. taxes); in a European (ie. UEFA) context with ongoing events in Switzerland and Turkey; even in an international context, with one vital lynchpin of their "blue knights" (when they're not fighting with one another in public) being wanted in South Africa on money fiddling charges of a couple of BILLION rand that makes Whyte look like some gadgie flogging pirate DVDs up the Barras by comparison.

No matter how much they or the SFA try to magic up a miracle escape for them, it's only a matter of "when", not "if".

If one man could destroy one of the world's oldest and largest merchant banks without trace in the twinkling of an eye because everyone else was equally too complacent to pay attention as to what he was up to (ie. the Rangers board under David Murray's tenure), some wee football club in a tiny league is far from immune.

Mars is very visible this week, seemingly. I'm sure there's a pun to be had about the Sun or Rangers players seeing stars.

"Hello and welcome to The Sky At Night. I'm Sir Patrick Moore, and tonight on the show I have invited as my special guests Chic Young and James Traynor. Now gentlemen, I've received a lot of correspondence from viewers in Scotland, who tell me both of you spend a lot of your time talking out of Uranus..."

Edited by WaffenThinMint

They don't know jack shit. The Rangers 'situation' is in a state of flux, changing almost daily. I'm convinced neither Doncaster or Regan know what they should do, would do, could do, or will do. I have no time for Doncaster, but in this instance, as things stand, I'm not sure what he can say or do until things become clearer. The one thing that is slowly becoming clearer, is that an easy-peasy, slip straight back into the SPL for any newco Rangers simply cannot be taken as being a formality. Rangers are becoming more and more toxic by the day. Today it was their owner being declared an unfit person to be involved in football, a charge of bringing the game into disrepute, and the SPL are still investigating the possibility of illegal double-contracts to players. Aside from Rangers' owner being declared unfit for purpose, their second-largest shareholder says liquidation is on the way, and wants to sue Sir Minty Moonbeams for 20 million.

Who knows what skeletons are still in the closet, who knows what the players and their agents will try to weasel out of the administrators tomorrow, and who for sure can say they know how this is going to play out? Chick Young and Jim Traynor sure as hell don't. I like Chick - he's genuinely passionate about football, and is far from a bland and boring pundit... but on this Rangers issue, he has let his emotions run away with him big time. He seems incapable of looking at the unfolding situation with anything approaching objectivity. Rangers are in meltdown, and wee Chick is the Fukoshima nuclear plant of Scottish sports journalism.

They don't. It's the old Goebbels and Mandelson line that if you tell a lie often enough, people start to believe it and you can make the truth to be anything you want, showing how completely and wilfully out of touch they are with the realities of the situation.

Two pathetic parochial journalists with no concept of the big picture, that Rangers have royally f**ked up in a British, not Scottish context (re. taxes); in a European (ie. UEFA) context with ongoing events in Switzerland and Turkey; even in an international context, with one vital lynchpin of their "blue knights" (when they're not fighting with one another in public) being wanted in South Africa on money fiddling charges of a couple of BILLION rand that makes Whyte look like some gadgie flogging pirate DVDs up the Barras by comparison.

No matter how much they or the SFA try to magic up a miracle escape for them, it's only a matter of "when", not "if".

If one man could destroy one of the world's oldest and largest merchant banks without trace in the twinkling of an eye because everyone else was equally too complacent to pay attention as to what he was up to (ie. the Rangers board under David Murray's tenure), some wee football club in a tiny league is far from immune.

"Hello and welcome to The Sky At Night. I'm Sir Patrick Moore, and tonight on the show I have invited as my special guests Chic Young and James Traynor. Now gentlemen, I've received a lot of correspondence from viewers in Scotland, who tell me both of you spend a lot of your time talking out of Uranus..."

And there we have it!

This is the article of the SPL rules that Chick quotes as proof that only the SPL board would get to vote on admitting Newco Gers .

11. Except where such transfer is occasioned by the promotion of an association

football club from and relegation of a Club to the SFL the consent of the

Board shall be required before the transfer of any Share shall be registered.

There's loads of stuff in other articles that indicate a full vote by the membership would be required with an 83 or 90% majority before the board could act, but assuming he and his pal Doncaster are right, I wonder if Dunfermline could demand a full vote of members on the issue, under this article:

38. A Special Qualified Resolution, (83%) shall be required for the passing of a

resolution in respect of the following Reserved Matters:-

(i) any expansion of the League by the addition or admission of new

Members (other than as a result of the operation of the Rules

governing promotion/relegation between the League and the SFL);

(ii) any reduction in the number of Members of the Scottish Premier

League (other than as a result of a Member ceasing to be a Member

of the Scottish Premier League in accordance with the Rules and/or

these Articles or as a consequence of the expulsion of a Member);

and,

(iii) the allotment and the issue of a Share.

Throughout the whole thing, even since before Whyte took over, the one thing that constantly comes back to me is WATP - where are the people?

They all had the opportunity to invest in the share issue, but didn't. They all had the chance to bid at the same time as Whyte, but didn't. And now they all have the chance to save their club, but won't. Why not? Other than the idea of selling some orange jerseys and a consortium headed by two guys who got them into the original mess, there has been nothing.

I'd like to think that, if United were in trouble, the fans would work their backsides off to help them.

And despite my dislike for large sections of the Celtic support, I have to give them credit - when their club was struggling, they put their hands in their pockets and did something about it.

So Rangers fans, as Delia said - where are you, let's be having you!

Hopefully Friday will be more "Dancing on your grave", by Mötorhead :)

Ironically Lemmy claims to be an honorary rangers fan. Surely a contradiction in terms :P

I know you thought you're a real operator

But I don't know why

All you had was a bankroll, babe

And a glint in your eye

I'm a high-steppin' like an indian brave

I'm the one

Dancing on your grave

You know I'm a killer babe

Here's late news for you

You couldn't buy me with a million, babe

I'm too good for you

I'm know you think I'm real rough trade

Now I'm the one

Dancing on your grave

One time you was a real high-stepper

On the high trapeze

But you know you ran out of money

Wound up on your knees

I'm the one you never made

Now I'm the one

Dancing on your grave

Good old Lemmy predicted this 30 years ago!

Dont know if anyone saw Reporting Scotland when they were reporting from Hampen about the non-OF teams meeting to discuss the voting structure and cash split....apparantly we're all kicking Rangers when they're down and ganging up on them...

The other way of looking at it (the correct way) is that the other clubs have a great chance to try and get a democratic voting structure in place and a more reasonable split of any monies!

Not unexpected the bias by Reporting Scotland IMO. The non-OF sides are quite right to take this opportunity to address their grievances with the way the SPL is set up and run. The ugly sisters have bullied the supposed wee sides for decades and this is a once in a lifetime chance to get things back on track for the benefit of all Scottish football.