Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No Chico, it's just typical that the city has a moron element who will rather support a team based over 150 miles away, yet ignore the one on their doorstep.

But not to worry, once 'ra peepul' go to the wall, these fuckwits will be linfield fans.

Every cloud

Dunno. Yoouse have grown up with your teams being wee teams and supporting the OF. It'll take generations for proper fans to develop up there not a few years.

At least you're embarrassed about it.

Nope. There is just no way it'll happen.

You sound definite. Explain why it will not happen.

I think it could - because the extent of their debts, the uncertainty of the BTC, and the current economic climate could conspire to put off serious investors. It isn't outwith the realms of possibility that liquidation, with a Rangers Newco arising from the ashes is their best hope of 'emerging fitter and stronger going forward'.

So, why will it definitely not happen?

Nope. There is just no way it'll happen.

They're in millions of pounds of debt with an owner who is known as a crook. They can't find a way to pay back the money at the moment and they have no revenue coming in from Europe next year. It's already been said several times that they could be liquidated and that it's likely if they don't find a buyer.

Yep, no chance of liquidation.laugh.gif

You sound definite. Explain why it will not happen.

I think it could - because the extent of their debts, the uncertainty of the BTC, and the current economic climate could conspire to put off serious investors. It isn't outwith the realms of possibility that liquidation, with a Rangers Newco arising from the ashes is their best hope of 'emerging fitter and stronger going forward'.

So, why will it definitely not happen?

I dont think there will be any investor serious enough to bring them back to the level of spending we saw 5 years ago. There are however enough people willing to work to prevent any liquidation happening.

If there was no chance of the club being saved then the administrators wouldn't be trying to, the players wouldn't be taking the cuts and all these jobs wouldn't be saved.

I dont know for a fact it wont happen but having spoken to a few people who work as administrators they've all said they dont think Rangers will be liquidated.

I dont think there will be any investor serious enough to bring them back to the level of spending we saw 5 years ago. There are however enough people willing to work to prevent any liquidation happening.

If there was no chance of the club being saved then the administrators wouldn't be trying to, the players wouldn't be taking the cuts and all these jobs wouldn't be saved.

I dont know for a fact it wont happen but having spoken to a few people who work as administrators they've all said they dont think Rangers will be liquidated.

The player pay cuts are to get the club through the rest of this season. No-one on this forum either pro-Rangers or anti-Rangers can say with any certainty what the future holds, especially if HMRC win the BTC, and if Whyte plays hard ball and refuses to budge without a fight.

Your earlier statement 'it won't happen' - I wouldn't be so sure. Not with so many unknowns.

Were Aberdeen not the other club that sided with Rangers and celtic to block SPL tv?

I don't think so.

I recall that Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers wanted to sign up to an extension of the Sky TV deal, instead of pushing through the Setanta deal 4 or 5 years ago as eventually happened. Talk about a big 'told you so' a couple of years later.

I'm convinced.

So Craig Whyte isn't a fit or proper person.

Neither is Dave King.

Neither is Paul Murray.

Who's next to ride in and save Rangers - Lex Luthor?

You just know that the SFA would do f**k all to thwart any potential new owners bid even if Genghis Khan rolled up to buy Rangers.