Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Honestly our lords and masters and even our "journalists" must think the great Scottish footballing public are absolute mugs, the bullshit we've been fed for decades is stunning.

Be interesting to see if they can keep it together in the face of a honest reporter asking questions

It's summed up for me comparing Chick Young's defence of Campbell Ogilvie on the radio the other night (widely lauded as the best administrator since Jim Farry) v the reaction to one phone call to the SFA from Alex Thomson

Jesus, the diddy chairmen should be asking for 70% of the gate money when they play Rangers at Ibrox just to make up for the humiliation they have had to put up with for decades, and no I'm not excusing Celtic either

After a few days of calm it looks like things are going to get interesting again.

If things keep developing at this rate I will finally have to ditch dial-up and get broadband!

laugh.gif your joking.....right ?! huh.gif

Interesting.

So is C4 doing a 'Dispatches' or similar into Ogilvie, Rangers & SFA?

Bet Broadfoot's flavour-of-the-month currently...

Yep. Being pointlessly rude to a respected journalist (when a lot of flannel and politeness may have sufficed) thereby provoking what will likely be a very embarrassing piece of investigative journalism for the SFA / SPL / Rangers.

I can't wait.

How much will Haudit & Daudit's final bill be?

Don't quote me on this as I can't remember the source, but I think I remember reading they were on something like £400 an hour.

That could mean their costing Rangers somewhere between a McGregor and a Whitaker each (pre-wage cuts).

I can't believe I have just seen on Facebook...(Friend of a Friend I might add)

"If we wurnae in Admin they need to gie's oor 10 points back"

Jeez

What is wrong with saying that?

It would also mean there was no reason to block the Cousin deal.

The sole reason for the 10 point penalty was for entering Administration...If Rangers are not in administration then the only course of action is to get the 10 points back

I simply cannot see your problem here

Edit to add...The 10 points will make absolutely no difference come the end of the season and are the least of our worries

Edited by No8.

All things considered i would much prefer this to be a more accurate allegory to the outcome of the rangersadministrationbigtaxcaseblueknightsEBTstramash.

And whilst rangers in administration is a very worthy title i am considering news readers, bloggers and posters alike when i suggest a subtle rebranding of the 'rangers in crisis' catch all heading to something with a bit more zip. I humbly propose:

currantbun-uppance

Any other ideas for a quick, snappy title for us all to use would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, its been magical so far.

So there's all the uncertainty you listed, plus an uncertain future for the actual playing staff. You also never listed Whyte himself. What is he currently thinking/planning? It would be easier to second-guess Mad Vlad. He's been declared unfit for purpose, and is about as welcome at Ibrox as Ross Tokely would be at the annual St Mirren supporters dinner. He's another major uncertainty in all of this.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

The sole reason for the 10 point penalty was for entering Administration...If Rangers are not in administration then the only course of action is to get the 10 points back

Edit to add...The 10 points will make absolutely no difference come the end of the season and are the least of our worries

I think the disbelief is that the administration being invalid seems a mere technicality - nobody is genuinely questioning the insolvency.

Signing Cousin would be a great idea, Rangers should get right on it, and just think he wouldnt even had to take a wage cut

Its not like administration was simply a bad dream, you might not be in administration on a technicality and the whole purpose of the trip to court is to smooth it out. You can have the 10 points back and then lose them again next week.

Keevins said last night that CO had offered to step back from his position until a resolution was complete but the SFA declined the offer.

He went on to say that he thought he shouldn't step back as that would be 'tantamount to an admission of guilt'. You said it, Shug.

And we all believe Keevins, dont we :lol:

Temporarily stepping aside is nothing like an admission of guilt. Its an admission of doing the right thing so that the SFA doesnt get called into question while my name is cleared.

I think the disbelief is that the administration being invalid seems a mere technicality - nobody is genuinely questioning the insolvency.

And, therefore, the 10 point deduction is perfectly valid. It applies when a club enters an "Insolvency Event", of which entering administration is just one.