Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have been reading this Alex Thompson of Channel 4's blog . He seems determined to come up here and expose the cosy relationship of the SFA and Rangers . Its only outside reporters like this that can make a difference . After all , there is no resistance or awkward questioning of the old firm by the Scottish media . They know they must not rock the boat and dirty their ticket ( or future employment ). As in the subject of sectarian singing , the league authorities only took interest when UEFA started watching closely . The same could happen with outside ( Scotland) journalistic expose putting on pressure to be seen to be doing the right thing

Couldn't agree more , he has totally embarrassed the mouthpieces up here who pass as jurnolists, it only takes someone from outside Scotland a weeks worth of investigation to see that Scottish football is rotten to the core, and unlike any Scottish based jurno ,when he shows up the hypocrisy of our game he can't be sidelined as anti rangers.

Couldn't agree more , he has totally embarrassed the mouthpieces up here who pass as jurnolists, it only takes someone from outside Scotland a weeks worth of investigation to see that Scottish football is rotten to the core, and unlike any Scottish based jurno ,when he shows up the hypocrisy of our game he can't be sidelined as anti rangers.

David Murray clicked his fingers - they ran to him. Said it all.

Power to him. He may do Scottish football a great service.

I'm pinning all my hopes on UEFA stepping in and doing the business.

The "we all need tha rainjurrs" attitude and general lack of courage wont be a problem for the bigwigs. They'll stick it right up a wee diddy like Rangers in a way Scottish football is too afraid/unwilling to try.

All the soundbites and action from within our game reeks of corruption.

"We need a strong Rangers", "Our TV deal relies on the Old Firm".

Very possibly true but if you have any integrity you deal with things fairly and evenly, not considering whether it will impact your personal finances.

Our governing bodies managed to ignore sectarianism for 140 years and I'm sure they intend to sweep this away too.

Mon UEFA :lol:

While I agree with the sentiment of the gif we, the diddy fans, all hope that both halves of the old firm fall to pieces and cease to exist. Then Scottish football will be a land of milk and honey, where our chairmen happily glide along arm in arm in the knowledge we'll have a fairer, more entertaining, and less corrupt game no longer marred by bigotry.

Edited by rw89

While I agree with the sentiment of the gif we, the diddy fans, all hope that both halves of the old firm fall to pieces and cease to exist. Then Scottish football will be a land of milk and honey, where our chairmen happily glide along arm in arm in the knowledge we'll have a fairer, more entertaining, and less corrupt game no longer marred by bigotry.

Gave you a greeny cos I agree with the sentiment.

Can you edit your post to remove the gif though cos it's bloody horrid?

Just like so many of us on here have said - Moonbeams summoning select media arse-lickers to tell them Whyte duped everyone and that Whyte seemed legit'....the smell of shite is unbelievable!

We're so hipster we were doing it before it was cool.

The problem is though, we aren't doing it. We've had two years of trying to get it done, and tonight's Newsnight Scotland was effectively a 10 minute advertisement for Leann Dempster and their Well Society.

No mention whatsoever of the fact St Mirren have been attempting to go down the CIC then Co-Op route for two years.

Ach, fcuk it. Back on topic...

Are Rangers deid' yet?

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I don't think it has been...

Alex Thomson blog latest (Wednesday) " A level playing field?

That blog is a little strange, as originally, he asked for the opiions of non-OF fans to comment, but now is going on about non-rangers?

Still, I especially liked this quote and the end paragraphs:

----------------------

"The concept is, people actually bother to turn up through the turnstiles if they sense that at long last the 'diddy teams' in the Old Firm parlance, might actually become undiddy and start winning things."

----------------------

Finally a word about the Old Firm and use of. About five zillion c*ltic fans have pointed out how offensive they find it to be bracketed with rangers. The answer my celtic friends, lies in the words of these last three blogs and the verdict of your fellow fans is upon you. Like it or not there's a firm, it's old and it's celtic-rangers and until the power balance is shifted by whatever means, that won't change much.

Remember Burns and the gift of seeing yourselves as others see you.

Expect further blogs and depending upon the digging, some TV coming up, as the rangers Ibrox saga unfolds.

Read Alex Thomson's previous blogs:

The dangers of r*ngers' tax shambles

Punish r*ngers if they're guilty, say fans

Follow Alex Thomson on Twitter

-------------------------------

ETA: Apparently, he will start filming in Glasgow on Monday.... Ah cannae wait! I'll need to get some Butterkist in for the rest of the week. :jerry erm... ALEX!! ALEX!!

Edited by Vambo57

We are all Alex Thomson. Seriously though, like Germany, clubs should be at least 51% controlled by the community/fans. It prevents the charlatan 'sugar-daddy' for a start, the Claude Anelkas of this world etc.

Edited by Enigma

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I don't think it has been...

Alex Thomson blog latest (Wednesday) " A level playing field?

That blog is a little strange, as originally, he asked for the opiions of non-OF fans to comment, but now is going on about non-rangers?

Still, I especially liked this quote and the end paragraphs:

----------------------

"The concept is, people actually bother to turn up through the turnstiles if they sense that at long last the 'diddy teams' in the Old Firm parlance, might actually become undiddy and start winning things."

----------------------

Finally a word about the Old Firm and use of. About five zillion c*ltic fans have pointed out how offensive they find it to be bracketed with rangers. The answer my celtic friends, lies in the words of these last three blogs and the verdict of your fellow fans is upon you. Like it or not there's a firm, it's old and it's celtic-rangers and until the power balance is shifted by whatever means, that won't change much.

Remember Burns and the gift of seeing yourselves as others see you.

Expect further blogs and depending upon the digging, some TV coming up, as the rangers Ibrox saga unfolds.

Read Alex Thomson's previous blogs:

The dangers of r*ngers' tax shambles

Punish r*ngers if they're guilty, say fans

Follow Alex Thomson on Twitter

-------------------------------

ETA: Apparently, he will start filming in Glasgow on Monday.... Ah cannae wait! I'll need to get some Butterkist in for the rest of the week. :jerry erm... ALEX!! ALEX!!

Hope he's brought some journalistic stomping boots with him, to go with all the grave dancing shoes. A bit of external digging by someone who knows what he's doing could bring this whole house of cards tumbling.

God speed Alex. 8)