Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Kennedy stuff is utterly bizarre as well. "I don't want to buy the club but I don't want them to go bust". Whit??

All this from an alleged "Hibernian fan" as well. However, he seems to be a personal friend of Souness so maybe that's where all his seemingly unprovoked interest is coming from- and, if he gets control of the club because no one else sane will touch it, then I'd expect Souness to come back in a boardroom capacity.

:lol:

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

£100k+£20k = £54k ?:blink:

After reading the Ranger's Media site, it becomes increasingly hard to tell the difference between parody and reality, I had to read the whole thing twice myself to realise :D

Rangers are back in the current issue of Private Eye magazine (Issue 1309). with 'Slicker' still following the slime trail left by Whyte and co. With him and Channel 4 on their case, it's only a matter of time before they're knocking at the SFA, words such as "complicity" and "aiding and abetting" are bandied, and Campbell Ogilvie suddenly starts citing "family reasons" for heading off in a hastily packed suitcase to the first country without an extradition treaty with Britain.

So if I'm picking this up correctly - Ticketus have no interest in becoming part-owner of Rangers...they're only doing it because of their 24 mil deal, and are looking out for themselves. D&P have no desire to see Ticketus become part-owners either, they want to win the court case against them, see the 24 mil deal ripped up, and Ticketus GTF.

Seems then that a Blue Knights consortium that features Ticketus cannot possibly be deemed fit and proper owners, any more than Brian Kennedy's bid - how can a man who says he doesn't even want to own Rangers be approved by the SPL to be anywhere close to being fit and proper?

Kennedy is damaged goods, Ticketus and the Blue Knights are damaged goods... where does this leave Rangers?

With Stockport County's fall from grace I'd be happy for Kennedy to take control of the blue arse cheek :)

If the Blue Shites don't win with their bid what happens with Ticketus, do they hit the new owner with a bill for 24.4 million?

It's funny how the media up here are falling over themselves to paint Brian Kennedy as a great guy who wants to save Rangers for the hell of it and has worked wonders at Stockport County - despite them sliding from the Championship to the Conference over the course of the last decade.

A wee bit of research will reveal he's actually fecked County up: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Why-Brian-Kennedy-and-Sale-Sharks-are-killing-Stockport-County-the-football-club-I-love-by-Oliver-Holt-article270857.html

Plenty more like that if the journalists look for it - or are they annoyed at pissing off a potential owner of Rangers incase he takes revenge when he's in charge? Not that they've taken that approach with any stand-up guys looking to buy the club in recent years.

So if I'm picking this up correctly - Ticketus have no interest in becoming part-owner of Rangers...they're only doing it because of their 24 mil deal, and are looking out for themselves. D&P have no desire to see Ticketus become part-owners either, they want to win the court case against them, see the 24 mil deal ripped up, and Ticketus GTF.

Seems then that a Blue Knights consortium that features Ticketus cannot possibly be deemed fit and proper owners, any more than Brian Kennedy's bid - how can a man who says he doesn't even want to own Rangers be approved by the SPL to be anywhere close to being fit and proper?

Kennedy is damaged goods, Ticketus and the Blue Knights are damaged goods... where does this leave Rangers?

I don't know but I can feel my head starting to whirl again.

Nurofen_Maximum__484bc0060aca4.jpg

Thought I would add a list of those involved / interested that are not damaged goods;

Ooops, Finished.

Completely disagree.

Someone like Kennedy taking over after Whyte would like falling asleep after a really nice Christmas day only to wake up and find that it's your birthday!

It would be akin to having a nightmare that you were being charged by a wildebeest, only to wake up and find that you were actually being charged by a hippopotamus.

Interesting to note that after a good week for the Spanish clubs, it has been reported that they owe 752 million Euros in unpaid tax PLUS their version of NI.

wowsers

Maybe the talk of Rangers for La Liga is based on that they would meet Spanish financial regulations :lol:

I won a pound on a scratchcard. Would that be enough finance behind me to take over the club? Seems Craig Whyte might have had the same income stream back in the day!

Spend your pound on this instead.

http://www.tangerineuk.net/our-brands/butterkist/

It would be akin to having a nightmare that you were being charged by a wildebeest, only to wake up and find that you were actually being charged by a hippopotamus.

How much does a hippopotamus charge compared to a wildebeest?

Some interesting stuff on Brian Kennedy and Stockport is on Two Hundred Percent here, and here. It looks like he took over the club, transferred the lease of the ground to Sale Sharks and charged Stockport a rent that they could barely afford and got little benefit from before selling the club off to a supporters' trust who fucked things up even further as they plunged down the leagues.

A perfect business model for Rangers to follow I'd say

Edited by Dink

It seems he regards saving Rangers as his 'social responsibility'.

His social responsibility is surely to knock it over and stamp repeatedly on its head until it is verified as dead. I certainly regards that as my social responsibility if ever afforded the opportunity.

But his 'social responsibility' only applies if Duff and Duffer can wipe out all the debt and deliver an acceptable CVA.

Sounds like a totally stand up guy