Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

We complaining about the Scottish media having been in the pocket of Rangers in particular, not to mention giving the SFA a very soft ride excepting the odd 'outrage' article about a player being registered for Celtic or Rangers.

However driving home lat night I turned to Real Radio football phone in. The 2 fat guys and some boy I'd never heard of. You would think they would have genned up on the Rangers position, even just a read of Pie & Bovril would have helped.

"Hello caller"

"See what's going on wi Rangers....ah....em ..Craig Whyte owns it doesn't he? If somebody buys it does he get the money?"

"Good call. Yes well, Whyte is the major shareholder, yes and but aye well maybe.... if it is bought he will need ......". Trying to sound knowledgeable without saying anything.

I couldn't believe the total and absolute stupidity and complete ignorance from these 3 experts.

Knowing they were out of their limited comfort zone, they then went into " it is all very complicated you know......it will all come out in the wash......" and then the full range of cliches were trotted out.

After a few minutes of this nonsense obviously a producer had in word in Roughie (or was it DJ's) ear. He then came out with some mumble about the administrators being in charge.

"Next caller please"

I just couldn't believe they couldn't even discuss the real issues at even the most basic level. I would guess you could go to any old folks care home in Scotland and you would get more sense.

They could however say that Scottish football needs Celtic AND Rangers in the SPL. And Fraser Wishart has done a great job.

Please please do not accept anything these clowns say.

Real Radio - dont listen + they wont survive.

Same as watching Rangers, its your moral duty NOT to listen to them ;)

alex thomson @alextomo

@tagsbo I'm touched by yr concern, but after 25 yrs as a war cor I can sense conspiracy a bit

biggrin.gif

I loved that. You see a lot of these middle-aged Rangers fans on Twitter and forums talking as if they're worldy-wise and only The People can see The Truth. It's what happens if you only surround yourself with people who think like you.

Interesting to note that after a good week for the Spanish clubs, it has been reported that they owe 752 million Euros in unpaid tax PLUS their version of NI.

wowsers

Maybe the talk of Rangers for La Liga is based on that they would meet Spanish financial regulations :lol:

Was listening to the Football Weekly podcast about this and according to Sid Lowe there is a saying in Spanish which, when translated, means "We are all the Inland Revenue". I found this most amusing.

I see from Chris McLaughlin's Twitter feed that Craig "Stand Up Guy" Whyte has surfaced again claiming he is definitely a secured creditor.

Was listening to the Football Weekly podcast about this and according to Sid Lowe there is a saying in Spanish which, when translated, means "We are all the Inland Revenue". I found this most amusing.

It was the claim it would be all resolved shortly that got me, by a politico, but the links from that page are in Spanish so I couldn't understand any more.

Frightening figures, and the way for France and Germany to dominate Europe for decades to come I reckon....................

@alextomo: HMRC says tax and national insurance liabilities covered by EBT cases in UK are around £1.7bn

This would suggest that HMRC have a lot riding on the Rangers case, prove this case could open the door on a lot,

don't deal and open the door on a lot.

Howver if they deal on it they not going to get a lot of that money - Don't think HMRC will set a precedent of dealing.

I was told by an accountant of two EBT cases he knew of being "settled" - The issue was that the Companies had also claimed Corporation Tax Relief on the monies paid into the EBT - and HMRC said it's "one or the other" - so the Companies repaid the Corporation Tax and the cases were closed.

"Rangers Supporters groups last night met with Paul Murray who confirmed he will submit his bid for the Club to the Administrators today. Paul confirmed that after the bids are submitted and reviewed, there will be a process of due diligence with a conclusion hoped to be reached around mid May."

Dont be holding your breath for anything today gents.