Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

TBH mate whoever takes Rangers place in the SPL will become an enemy and it will be all their fault. You can have the aggro.

If it is us - for example if they go bust before they can fulfil their fixtures or maybe even if they go bust when they have fulfilled their fixtures (who knows, the rules are made up as they go along) - then Sandy Jardine will be forced to retract his statement that DAFC is a 'club of honour' and re-brand us as one of the axis of evil! That's a long sentence but I'm rolling with it!

We can handle aggro. Dundee stared Doom straight in the eye, told it its shoelace was undone and ran like f**k when it went down to tie it.

We'll rightfully take pelters if we were to return to the SPL in such inglorious circumstances. I tell you what though, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Drastic improvements would have to be made if we were to make a decent attempt at survival, but promotion is all we've been after for eight years now and we'll take it any way we can get it.

It'll all be academic when Livi pump you 5-0 on Saturday.. rolleyes.gif

We can handle aggro. Dundee stared Doom straight in the eye, told it its shoelace was undone and ran like f**k when it went down to tie it.

We'll rightfully take pelters if we were to return to the SPL in such inglorious circumstances. I tell you what though, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Drastic improvements would have to be made if we were to make a decent attempt at survival, but promotion is all we've been after for eight years now and we'll take it any way we can get it.

Given the situation with Dundee last season it would be of huge embarrassment to the SFL and SFA if you got promoted this season.

I believe that the points deduction you got was meant to be enough to relegate you (seen as they couldn't just relegate you as the season had started)

For you to stay up and gain promotion this season their will be people at the SFL and SFA who will be seething.

They'll be sadly missed - (not for minors)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLrexKO_qNA&feature=relmfu

Awful.

And the one sole voice early on that says "Come on mate, Rangers have to pay for that" being drowned out by the bigoted morons. Makes you despair for our country.

sad.gif

Just wait until Newco Rangers visit Cappielow - they'll cause thousands of pounds worth of improvements.

Ach, someone had to. Might as well have been me. :P

I posted on acciesworld last week that it could be the First rather than the Third. A compromise maybe? I couldn't see me going to the home games against newco though. It should be the Third, even McCoist is almost paving the way for that to happen with his recent comments, but I just don't think they'll have the balls to do it.

im starting to feel quite optimistic for some odd reason. none of the bids will happen as they require a cva which imo is not gonna happen. this only leave liquidation. ( question does that mean that assets like ibrox and murray park have to be sold off to pay creditors rather than be transferred to a newco ?? )

re newco...is there anything about recent events which suggests that any clowns associated with rfc could get a newco off the ground ?? none of the parties has any resources to run ibrox / build a stadium / hire a stadium let alone put together a playing squad ( forget the current ones they will all be off asap ) my best guess is that there will be lots of b*****d groups claiming to be the real rfc ( no doubt trying to push the bigotry envelope to prove their credentials ahead of others) and a few new junior teams may be born as a result. Fans will evaporate like steam off a piss in winter when there are no trophies to win, and ticketus may or may not have a stake in st cash meaning that a newco would if it was even started, have to live within its means...which will be limited at best.. we are all in our moments of understandable pessimism assuming spl will bend over for a newco ( they would cos a newco wouldnt survive for 3 months let alone 3 years MIN outside of the spl having to live within their means ) but thats assuming there is someone out there who could organise a newco...i dont think they will even manage that. might be wrong but its a pleasing thought that this skidmark on scottish football may be about to die for good n all.

Awful.

And the one sole voice early on that says "Come on mate, Rangers have to pay for that" being drowned out by the bigoted morons. Makes you despair for our country.

sad.gif

Doesn't he mean Celtic have to be added to the creditors list and given a few pence in the pound for the damage?

I very much doubt it's worth Celtic's time sending an invoice to Ibrox for repairs.

I posted on acciesworld last week that it could be the First rather than the Third. A compromise maybe? I couldn't see me going to the home games against newco though. It should be the Third, even McCoist is almost paving the way for that to happen with his recent comments, but I just don't think they'll have the balls to do it.

Surely the SFL would have a view on this? Has anyone asked them, I wonder?

Just wait until Newco Rangers visit Cappielow - they'll cause thousands of pounds worth of improvements.

Ach, someone had to. Might as well have been me. :P

I agree: if Rangers are in the league they'll only be destroying your old stand that we put up with the money.

Is Division 2 the only league we can all agree Rangers won't be playing in?

How on earth are Rangers in the event of liquidation going to find the time to set up a Newco and have the team ready for the start of the 2012-2013 season?

By my reckoning they have 9 weeks from now until fixture lists are appearing and the SPL and SFL would want to know what's what.

How quick can Rangers be liquidated with the assets sold off to pay creditors and all the legals taken care of, then a Newco set up with a ground and players etc? I'm guessing longer than 9 weeks.

With every delay in Rangers doing the inevitable it becomes less likely they can set up for next season.

I agree: if Rangers are in the league they'll only be destroying your old stand that we put up with the money.

could be a rumour but i heard we bought that off ye

Big style. I can also think of about a dozen posters on P&B who'd go into absolute meltdown over the matter.

I would go into meltdown if Falkirk finished second and thus were promoted when Rangers cease to exist. That's assuming we finish bottom, if Hibs are bottom then second place in SFL1 can probably rethink promotion.