Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I wonder if we'll have transparency on today's vote? If it all goes Rangers way will McCoist demand transparency today?

Today is the day that sporting fairness and the spl die.

The SPL was a league created for greed. Hearts were in it for more money, as bad as any of the rest of them.

I can't recall the old firm giving much of a shit about the other clubs when trying to piss off to play in the north atlantic salmon league or the english championship. Scottish football would have evolved without them and learned to live within it's means.

It's sad.

If the other SPL clubs allow a newco rangers into the SPL and, by some miracle, over the next few seasons the OF f**k off and join a different league it will be incredibly funny. Sad for supporters, no doubt, but nonetheless hilariously ironic. I can just picture Michael Johnston, Stephen Thomson, et al sitting in a wee room with disbelieving looks on their faces.

In a week where British drug cheats are now to have Olympic bans overturned, is it any wonder our football authorities are prepared to let corrupt practice thrive and prosper?

Sport is now a bygone word, to be replaced by money and only money. No-one is naive enough to think the last 100 odd years have been played on a level playing field but nobody suspected the lengths a cheat would go to succeed. The one chance we have to clear up our game and we will blow it because TV and sponsors demand. Well, f**k it, I wont be seen near a SPL ground again in my puff if the verdicy goes as predicted.

I hope many more like me will just turn their backs and then we'll see how long sponsors stick around and how long TV will be able to hide stadiums only filled with the cheating bigot supporters.

Go yourselves Rangers. Isn't it great to know you've cheated and had it condoned.

Duff and Phelps issued a statement on Rangers finances a few weeks ago, and without trawling through previous pages, IIRC, the Assets were valued at £110 Million, now I know that was a joke of a valuation, but surely an offer of £ 11 Million is not anywhere near a figure that could be obtained for the creditors. This administration has been a farce from day 1, and Duff and Phelps have no interest in the creditors what so ever. If £ 11 Million is the best offer then they should be putting the original company into liquidation and selling off the assets, bit by bit.

And who do you think would buy these assets?

Is there a large market out there for 50,000 football stadia situated in Govan?

Other than a Rangers newco, there is absolutely no-one who would be interested in buying that. The value of the land itself is limited. Its never going to get permission for a supermarket as its next to Asda and its value for housing would be nex to nothing.

I actually think £11 million for Rangers' assets is generous.

No vote will be held on Rangers today as Miller is still some way from submitting a newco application, but the sanctions to be put in place – potentially a 10-point penalty for two seasons and/or a 75% loss of SPL income for three seasons – would apply from May 14.

Rangers would be handicapped by them if Miller's application comes in after that. If it is submitted earlier, or if no sanctions are today added to the rule book, then as things stand Rangers could theoretically play in the SPL as a newco next season without penalty.

The Herald: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/old-firm-vital-to-other-spl-clubs-houston.17518374

Other than a Rangers newco, there is absolutely no-one who would be interested in buying that. The value of the land itself is limited. Its never going to get permission for a supermarket as its next to Asda and its value for housing would be nex to nothing.

Glasgow Warriors are looking for a purpose built home base to compete with their Edinburgh rivals, Firhill simply isn't fit for dual purpose. Ibrox is theirs for the taking if they go under.

If anyone wants to bid more than the £11.2 million for Rangers' assets let them step forward.

Incidentally, there could also be more money for creditors from the court actions involving Collyer Bristow and from the transfer fee instalments of almost £4 million.

Glasgow Warriors are looking for a purpose built home base to compete with their Edinburgh rivals, Firhill simply isn't fit for dual purpose. Ibrox is theirs for the taking if they go under.

I think the Warriors are heading to Scotstoun.

Firhill simply isn't fit for dual purpose. Ibrox is theirs for the taking if they go under.

Mmmm ....they dont play at Firhill and am pretty sure they have taken quite a long lease at the Showgrounds. Their average gate at Firhill was around 4500 which would be lost at Ipox as pre Sourness Rangers fans will know full well!!!

Very disappointed with Houston's comments, he'd have been better keeping quiet. Also, as I've said on the Killie chairman thread, he perhaps should not have used the term 'honest'.

he has effectively undermined his chairman hasnt he? surely he should have said i will deal with wahtever happens as a result of the meeting.

lets face it united have a decent team already so no budget = the existing set of players raising the bar and improving on this season?

Been reading what many of the SPL chairmen and managers have been saying about rankgers. Many of them are saying "oh the fans dont understand. We will lose a lot of money if they get punted."

True, but you'll just have to do what every other club outwith the SPhell has to do and "cut their cloth."

If Hibs were to get relegated what would they do? Roll over and die because they werent getting the money from the OF and Sky? Or would they reassess their spending?

Club chairmen it seems have no idea how clued up many fans are. The usual shite is trawled out of "you didnt play the game so you dont understand." Bullshit, I've never played at a high level but I know the rules better than a lot of "professionals". As do many, many fans.

The chairmen just want as much money as they can get their hands on, blood stained or not.

I'm glad the Jags are in the SFL, because if we were in the SPL and my chairman voted for my club to play in a league where the rules aren't equal for everyone, then I wouldnt be back.

Unlike these chairmen many of us work hard for a living and have a release of watching our clubs playing. At the start of every season we hope for promotion, titles, trophies, etc but deep down we know that probably wont happen. Next season will be different for SPL fans. They are going back to a league they know is tainted.

In life once you lose integrity, it is very hard to get it back.

Another thought is this................

How would this affect other clubs in the SPL if over the next few years they are looking for buyers? Would you buy a club like Motherwell or Aberdeen if you knew it wasnt a level playing field?

Edited by PeeTeeJag

If anyone wants to bid more than the £11.2 million for Rangers' assets let them step forward.

Incidentally, there could also be more money for creditors from the court actions involving Collyer Bristow and from the transfer fee instalments of almost £4 million.

Alternately, I feel there's a high probability of a sizeable proportion of the £11.2m being frittered away on ongoing Administrators' Fees and fruitless/neverending court actions. Duff & Duffer's past record gives a flavour of that when you consider the empty Court of Session action against Ticketus and the utterly pointless waste of time in submitting an application for a European licence (in full knowlege that audited accounts had not been produced by the deadline).

Been reading what many of the SPL chairmen and managers have been saying about rankgers. Many of them are saying "oh the fans dont understand. We will lose a lot of money if they get punted."

True, but you'll just have to do what every other club outwith the SPhell has to do and "cut their cloth."

If Hibs were to get relegated what would they do? Roll over and die because they werent getting the money from the OF and Sky? Or would they reassess their spending?

Club chairmen it seems have no idea how clued up many fans are. The usual shite is trawled out of "you didnt play the game so you dont understand." Bullshit, I've never played at a high level but I know the rules better than a lot of "professionals". As do many, many fans.

The chairmen just want as much money as they can get their hands on, blood stained or not.

I'm glad the Jags are in the SFL, because if we were in the SPL and my chairman voted for my club to play in a league where the rules aren't equal for everyone, then I wouldnt be back.

Unlike these chairmen many of us work hard for a living and have a release of watching our clubs playing. At the start of every season we hope for promotion, titles, trophies, etc but deep down we know that probably wont happen. Next season will be different for SPL fans. They are going back to a league they know is tainted.

In life once you lose integrity, it is very hard to get it back.

Another thought is this................

How would this affect other clubs in the SPL if over the next few years they are looking for buyers? Would you buy a club like Motherwell or Aberdeen if you knew it wasnt a level playing field?

I said this in a post yesterday. 100 years of my family watching the jags would die with me and my 2 kids refusing to set foot inside Firhill ever again if we were in the SPHell and David Beattie voted to keep the biggest bigoted, cheating football club in the planet, in the league. It would be a no brainer for me