Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1336556729[/url]' post='6216565']

You forgot the elephant in the room:

Should they be the administrators?

Oh, and:

Should there be different administrators?

And, of course:

If there should be different adminstrators, should it be a firm other than Duff & Phelps?

Not forgetting:

If it were to be a firm other than Duff & Phelps, should it be someone else entirely?

You've missed out the key issue of whether an alternative set of administrators should be appointed.

Bill Miller was interested only in making a quick buck out of Rangers. After speaking to McCoist and looking at the figures he will have realised that this was not possible, so he walked away. Any attempt to blame supporter animosity is just a deflection from him to avoid the accusation that he has wasted our precious time.

Lets face it Man Utd fans have protested endlessly about their American owners and it hasn't sent them home yet.

Couldn't believe what I heard this morning onRadio Scotland from Jim Traynor. Apparently us fans of the diddy teams won'tbuy season tickets until we are sure that Rangers are definitely going to be inthe SPL.

My blood boils when I hear things like this. It's ridiculous that a professional journalist is being paid by the BBC to appear on a BBC programme and lie through his teeth.

Seriously, why are they allowed to do this by the national public service broadcaster that prides itself on it's news output? Why is there no editor or producer pulling him up and saying this is patently not true. In fact the opposite is true.

Perhaps thread viewer Mr Cosgrove can throw some light on the BBC's responsibility to broadcast the truth.

Bill Miller was interested only in making a quick buck out of Rangers. After speaking to McCoist and looking at the figures he will have realised that this was not possible, so he walked away. Any attempt to blame supporter animosity is just a deflection from him to avoid the accusation that he has wasted our precious time.

Lets face it Man Utd fans have protested endlessly about their American owners and it hasn't sent them home yet.

I would have been thinking making ANY buck out of rangers may be a way off...

There is a huge difference from being owners of Man Utd and the prestige that goes with that and owning Rangers.

I think far from wasting our precious time Bill Miller has had his precious time watsed by Dumb and Dumber!!!

Jesus christ.

If you want an idea of what probably happened, read Swampy's post further up the thread. Miller probably thought he could run Rangers as a going concern until he got a proper delve into the books and completely shat himself at the contents.

He himself stated that people at the club didn't seem keen on the cost-cutting measures, ie McCoist, and he seemed to be quite shocked that someone at the club had asked him how much would be available for new signings (probably McCoist again).

Receiving hundreds of vitriolic emails from the xenophobic bigots that support Rangers was probably the icing on the cake.

All hilarity aside I think it is time we as football fans got organised and started asking questions. Questions like is there anything we as football fans could do to speed up the death and final burial of RFC?

That way this thread can be encased in amber and punted off to the Gold forum where it belongs and we can get on with winding up Jambos again.

Edited by Broccoli Dog

and he seemed to be quite shocked that someone at the club had asked him how much would be available for new signings (probably McCoist again).

:lol:

Brilliant!!

It might not be the reason he walked away, but it was never going to help. Kinda funny too when you consider the America day/Thanksgiving day celebrations held by the club a few months back!

1336557489[/url]' post='6216591']

He himself stated that people at the club didn't seem keen on the cost-cutting measures, ie McCoist, and he seemed to be quite shocked that someone at the club had asked him how much would be available for new signings (probably McCoist again).

This is my favourite bit. So utterly utterly deluded that even when they are an estimated £135million in the hole, Super Ally was wanting a 'war chest'. He really must believe everything he used to read in the Record.

Poor old leggo has lost the plot, am I daft or is is this list of questions all just the same question reworded?

HERE are a series of a pretty straightforward and simple questions for Rangers supporters to answer.

Do you trust Duff and Phelps?

Do you trust and David Whitehouse and Paul Clark?

In particular, do you trust the senior Duff and Phelps man involved with Rangers, Duff and Phelps managing director, David Whitehouse?

It's a list of legitimate questions for Rangers supporters to ask themselves, given the latest fiasco in a long line over which Duff and Phelps have presided since they were appointed by conman Craig Whyte three months ago

laugh.gif That really is just one question worded three different ways, isn't it. He's mentally ill, and at some stage it's going to stop being funny.

There is a huge difference from being owners of Man Utd and the prestige that goes with that and owning Rangers.

I think far from wasting our precious time Bill Miller has had his precious time watsed by Dumb and Dumber!!!

I disagree the guy went all the way to being preferred bidder and does not seem to have had any clue about football, Rangers or their financial position. He had access to a 'data room' prior to being appointed preferred bidder and should have known then. He just speculated on Rangers for me and didn't even pay the exclusivity fee to show he was serious. Furthermore I don't buy that he didn't have a passport. He runs an international business and probably takes 'vacation' overseas. that was just an excuse for not coming to Scotland any time soon. Someone with his money can probably get a passport in 24 hrs if needed.

And I know Man Utd are a much more prestigious club, the point I was making is that successful businessmen are not that thin skinned that they would let a couple of folk with a banner scare them off. Though I accept that the emails sent him seem to have been totally out of order.

Its all about the money with these guys.

I can understand the animosity towards Rangers and i appreciate the club itself have done little to endear themself to the footballing public in this country so expect absolutely no sympathy but i truly hope no other Scottish football supporters ever have to go through thsi regardless of who they support or what they think of Rangers,Their support or me. It is like a never ending nightmare that has me so disillusioned that i just want it to end and end now. If there is a Rangers to support fine if not then i'll just have to spend more time golfing/hill walking etc. Life will go on but there will always be that little something missing that cant be replaced.

Other fans HAVE gone through this hell, and the Rangers fans pointed and laughed or wagged their fingers about "living within your means", and their owners have said "business is business."

You lot have earned this day in spades.

Yup, even the Germans thought the nazi's were a bunch of good guys at one point.

The point being when they were winning. Just like Rangers fans really.

My blood boils when I hear things like this. It's ridiculous that a professional journalist is being paid by the BBC to appear on a BBC programme and lie through his teeth.

Seriously, why are they allowed to do this by the national public service broadcaster that prides itself on it's news output? Why is there no editor or producer pulling him up and saying this is patently not true. In fact the opposite is true.

Perhaps thread viewer Mr Cosgrove can throw some light on the BBC's responsibility to broadcast the truth.

After the way Cosgrove torn Speirs a new one I could see him doing the same over Traynor. The man's a complete joke.

THE MISADVENTURES OF JIMMY THE SUCCULENT LAMB

larry+the+lamb.jpg

"Oh, Mr Policeman, Sir - the faaaaaans of other clubs won't buy season tickets unless they know they're playing Raaaaangers next season. Baaaaaa!"

"Now what have I told you before about lying in newspapers and on the radio, young succulent lamb. I'm going to have to take your name and address!"

I disagree the guy went all the way to being preferred bidder and does not seem to have had any clue about football, Rangers or their financial position. He had access to a 'data room' prior to being appointed preferred bidder and should have known then. He just speculated on Rangers for me and didn't even pay the exclusivity fee to show he was serious. Furthermore I don't buy that he didn't have a passport. He runs an international business and probably takes 'vacation' overseas. that was just an excuse for not coming to Scotland any time soon. Someone with his money can probably get a passport in 24 hrs if needed.

And I know Man Utd are a much more prestigious club, the point I was making is that successful businessmen are not that thin skinned that they would let a couple of folk with a banner scare them off. Though I accept that the emails sent him seem to have been totally out of order.

Its all about the money with these guys.

:lol:

No shit, Sherlock

Furthermore I don't buy that he didn't have a passport. He runs an international business and probably takes 'vacation' overseas. that was just an excuse for not coming to Scotland any time soon. Someone with his money can probably get a passport in 24 hrs if needed.

only 1/3rd of Americans have a passport, when you live in such a big country there's no need, you can visit any climate you care to think of within it's borders