Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I disagree the guy went all the way to being preferred bidder and does not seem to have had any clue about football, Rangers or their financial position. He had access to a 'data room' prior to being appointed preferred bidder and should have known then. He just speculated on Rangers for me and didn't even pay the exclusivity fee to show he was serious. Furthermore I don't buy that he didn't have a passport. He runs an international business and probably takes 'vacation' overseas. that was just an excuse for not coming to Scotland any time soon. Someone with his money can probably get a passport in 24 hrs if needed.

And I know Man Utd are a much more prestigious club, the point I was making is that successful businessmen are not that thin skinned that they would let a couple of folk with a banner scare them off. Though I accept that the emails sent him seem to have been totally out of order.

Its all about the money with these guys.

Did he make himself the preferred bidder?

I disagree the guy went all the way to being preferred bidder and does not seem to have had any clue about football, Rangers or their financial position. He had access to a 'data room' prior to being appointed preferred bidder and should have known then. He just speculated on Rangers for me and didn't even pay the exclusivity fee to show he was serious. Furthermore I don't buy that he didn't have a passport. He runs an international business and probably takes 'vacation' overseas. that was just an excuse for not coming to Scotland any time soon. Someone with his money can probably get a passport in 24 hrs if needed.

And I know Man Utd are a much more prestigious club, the point I was making is that successful businessmen are not that thin skinned that they would let a couple of folk with a banner scare them off. Though I accept that the emails sent him seem to have been totally out of order.

Here was me thinking that Mr Miller was a diehard bluenose just waiting for the chance of a lifetime to buy the club he loved.

Other fans HAVE gone through this hell, and the Rangers fans pointed and laughed or wagged their fingers about "living within your means", and their owners have said "business is business."

You lot have earned this day in spades.

Just to add to that, during the "SaveTheJags" era, we were trying to get a signed ball or top from every senior club in Britain to auction to raise funds, even some top European clubs donated, only one club Declined Rangers who wanted to charge us for it, you reap what you sow

I agree with Vikington here - I laughed out loud when I heard there were "3 new bidders". I too reckon that number was arrived at by a die being cast on an office desk.

Nope, these are GENUINE bids. My sources tell me that the 3 people interested are Bill Gates, Richard Branson and the Saudi Royal Family.

These bidders will SLAP IN a £30m bid for the club and will instantly give Ally a £100m transfer WARCHEST to sign superstars like Argentine hitman Gonzalo Higuain, samba star Ramires and boyhood Gers fan Alan Smith.

...and Traynor has been saying since day one that liquidation would be the only conclusion (Source, Jimbo Traynor BBC Radio Scotland 9th May 2012)

this will soon be capped by Chic saying " I have been saying since day one that liquidation would be the only conclusion. You heard it here first".

Not a big fan of Jim Spence but....http://www.bbc.co.uk..._blame_for. html was pretty good for 14th Feb.

Out of everyone at BBC Scotland, Jim "I can't read the numbers" Spence is about the only one who comes out in any real positive light.

I've said this before, but one of my sister's neighbours has a personalised number plate - W33 ATP, with Union flags at either end...

Don't want to go all Poirot on you all but I'm thinking....

She's not a Rangers fan. She is just professing her hope that a smaller version of the professional tennis tour is formed, and that the initial events are held in the UK.

It seems to be news to you, Magoo.

Did you seriously think EVERY dodgy aspect of Rangers' financial clusterfuck could be found within this "data room"?

How on earth can you criticise the guy for pulling out when the financial situation was clearly far worse than he had been led to believe?

On top of discovering the full extent of your club's spectacular f**k up, he also hd to contend with:

- Opposition within the club to cost cutting measures

- Opposition within the club to a likely lack of transfer budget/"war chest"

- Vitriolic and abusive emails from the knuckle draggers within your support

So you tell me, why is Miller to blame here?

Should he have continued his investment despite the discovery of serious financial malpractice, in order to placate the bigoted morons in the support who made it absolutely plain they didn't want him there anyway? Really?

only 1/3rd of Americans have a passport, when you live in such a big country there's no need, you can visit any climate you care to think of within it's borders

That's what I've been saying to my workmates. I am a US citizen(sorry, but lived in Scotland for 36 years). I have a passport, it runs out in 2 years, no point in renewing, it's a big pain in the derrière and I ain't going anywhere ony road.

Just waiting for the people of my mother's country to grow a set so I can be first in the queue to apply for Scottish citizenship. Might be a long wait. :o

How much Data did he really have, the Duff & Phelps "They'll accept 2p in the Pound" abridged version or the full "We're Screwed" Version?

Duff & Phelps waived the exclusivity fee as it was without strings, he never asked for it to be he had offered to pay it previously at the time the Blue Knights realised they couldnt muster £500K

Of course its about money but he had seen it as a longterm plan, cost cut and start to grow the business as a sustainable company turning over a yearly profit, but no that wouldnt have helped "Whats our budget for next year?" was one of his 1st questions he recieved..... FFS you canny pay the face painter and you's want a war chest.

Wake up and smell the coffee, your clubs screwed and burying your head in the sand and blaming everyone bar yourselves is just turning more people of your club including ANY (Imaginary) future bidders

Did he make himself the preferred bidder?

Basically yes. He made the highest bid and then proved he had the money to back it up. Though I know he didnt pay the exclusivity fee in that regard it was the Duff brothers doing.

There's a big name millionaire in the Rangers support:

vyp2dk.jpg

This guy -

15q1zsi.jpg

Is Wayne Carini

vyxk3k.jpg

He's got a telly show buying and selling mega-bucks classic cars - http://velocity.discovery.com/videos/chasing-classic-cars/

This guy is loaded and I suspect he orchestrated the anti-Miller banners to chase off a rival. Expect him to buy Ibrox and turn it into a car showroom.

Or something.

There's a big name millionaire in the Rangers support:

vyp2dk.jpg

This guy -

15q1zsi.jpg

Is Wayne Carini

He's got a telly show buying and selling mega-bucks classic cars - http://velocity.disc...g-classic-cars/

This guy is loaded and I suspect he orchestrated the anti-Miller banners to chase off a rival. Expect him to buy Ibrox and turn it into a car showroom.

Or something.

I thought it was Hulk Hogan.

Did you seriously think EVERY dodgy aspect of Rangers' financial clusterfuck could be found within this "data room"?

How on earth can you criticise the guy for pulling out when the financial situation was clearly far worse than he had been led to believe?

On top of discovering the full extent of your club's spectacular f**k up, he also hd to contend with:

- Opposition within the club to cost cutting measures

- Opposition within the club to a likely lack of transfer budget/"war chest"

- Vitriolic and abusive emails from the knuckle draggers within your support

So you tell me, why is Miller to blame here?

Should he have continued his investment despite the discovery of serious financial malpractice, in order to placate the bigoted morons in the support who made it absolutely plain they didn't want him there anyway? Really?

I believe the salient facts would have been in the data room, in fact they are public knowledge. A statement of account has been drawn up by D&P and it shows all the liabilities of the club. You may have seen the list reprinted in every newspaper in the land.

IMO he speculated and wasted our time. Just my opinion though.

Basically yes. He made the highest bid and then proved he had the money to back it up. Though I know he didnt pay the exclusivity fee in that regard it was the Duff brothers doing.

Whit? :blink:

You didn't Call Kaye by any chance this morning, did you?

only 1/3rd of Americans have a passport, when you live in such a big country there's no need, you can visit any climate you care to think of within it's borders

Yep. I fly out of DFW a lot, and in the security queue, many passengers aren't clutching passports but drivers licenses, because they're going to LA or Chicago or similar.

I believe the salient facts would have been in the data room, in fact they are public knowledge. A statement of account has been drawn up by D&P and it shows all the liabilities of the club. You may have seen the list reprinted in every newspaper in the land.

IMO he speculated and wasted our time. Just my opinion though.

Whit? :blink:

You didn't Call Kaye by any chance this morning, did you?

I suspect so. :lol:

You do know Manchester United are THE richest club on the planet, you are talkin billions. Even Liverpool are one of the most profitable clubs in the world.

Rangers can't even afford to pay taxi fare these days.

Maybe that's why the American owners stuck it out at Man United

Couldn't believe what I heard this morning on Radio Scotland from Jim Traynor. Apparently us fans of the diddy teams won't buy season tickets until we are sure that Rangers are definitely going to be in the SPL.

Thought you must have heard wrong, ie. that he said fan's were delaying buying season tickets until Rangers Newco were refused back into the SPL.

But no, you were spot on. Jim Traynor's upside down world at around 2 hours 26 minutes.. My link