Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Until recently US citizens didn't need a passport to travel to the Caribbean and much of Central and South America. Think it changed a bit after 9/11..

No, since 9/11 a passport is required as the means of identity to travel by air, just like the EU.

Cammy: you say Miller wasted Rangers' time. Wasted the time they could have spent doing what? Serious question. What else would they have been occupying their time with. It might have evaded your notice but he was the only credible buyer on the scene.

If he hadn't bid and been accepted, perhaps we would be further forward with the Kennedy/BK bid. Presumably negotiations would have continued between them and D&P if Miller had not commanded preferred bidder status. That said I have my reservations about their bidding also.

I accept that their probably wasn't much could have been done the last few days but still you don't go and offer to buy a car, subject to viewing, when you can see in the picture that its f**ked. Then complain afterwards that on second thoughts the car's f**ked.

Away for less than a day, and I think the thread has grown about 40 pages in that time... heard on the radio as I was driving about Millar quitting the process, and 3 alleged new expressions of interest - aside from that, has anything else actually happened?

Must say these aspects about Millar being discouraged by resistance to austerity and Rangers fans abusing and threatening him remind me of the quote:

"those whom the Gods wish to destroy, first they make mad"

Exactly as I said back on the 25th April.

Since the Daily Record and the Rangers "fans" are being very fond of philosophy this morning, here's one perhaps they ought to ponder on regarding the behaviour not merely of White and Murray, but that of McCoist and the various action groups in response to the SFA, HMRC, etc having the audacity to seek to punish them for several decades worth of cheating and swindling.

"Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad."

:smartass

@alextomo

My link

In sum: expect an English-led deal from people with genuine football experience, minded to avoid liquidation via a CVA (which will be treated like a Newco, UEFA tell me with a 3 year ban), and expect Craig Whyte to agree a final exit strategy.

Yes, it seems that the supporters of other clubs won't buy STs unless we know that we're getting 4 matches against Rangers (or we certainly won't pay the full whack).

Has Traynor ever said anything more preposterous? The man is an utter buffoon. What an imbecilic thing to claim.

This whole 4OF games is the most disgraceful myth in the SPL.

This season as usual there was a split. The OF and 4 other teams in the top half finish off, and the other 6 finish.

This means that if any of the bottom six sold this seasons tickets on the basis of 4OF visits they mis-sold their season tickets as they did not get 4 visits.

We are talking half the league always do NOT get 4OF visits. It is the other 4 in the top half that get it. Assuming they balance out the games pre & post split this means we are talking a grand total of 4 games in the season that are apparently keeping the meaning of the whole league alive + the 4th Bigot-fest of the Season.

Traynor you are a fuking disgrace to the human race.

Old Tomo reckons English consortium is the real deal and Whyte ready to play.

If true, where were these people when the final, final, no kiddin deadline was set, which seems about ten years ago now? Why are they only now coming out of the woodwork? No time for a viable CVA. I think the vultures are circling.

If true, where were these people when the final, final, no kiddin deadline was set, which seems about ten years ago now? Why are they only now coming out of the woodwork? No time for a viable CVA. I think the vultures are circling.

Yep, sounds like total pish from Thomson to be honest.

Yes, it seems that the supporters of other clubs won't buy STs unless we know that we're getting 4 matches against Rangers (or we certainly won't pay the full whack).

Has Traynor ever said anything more preposterous? The man is an utter buffoon. What an imbecilic thing to claim.

It illustrates perfectly how out of touch these guys are and how long they have lived in the OF bubble - but to get something 100% wrong like that is impressive.

To any OF apologist in the media, I'd be willing to be bet that if diddy clubs offered the option of cheaper Season Ticket that excluded OF games, it would be a popular option - especially amongst families. The idea that OF are some kind of "draw" to the fans of other teams is an utter fantasy.

It was reported on Radio Five Live this morning.

The last I saw from him was that it was "suspicious", and that was a week ago. I'll need to find out exactly what he said today, because I wasn't impressed by his last pronouncement.