Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The old ground was St Mirren Park i think most people call it the New St Mirren Park. :rolleyes:

Everyone I know called the old ground Love St. In fact many people I know had no idea what the official name was.

I dont think most people call the new ground 'New' anything. Just the ones that don't know about their football. :)

Was I the only one who spied this in the record report:

● Financial controller Ken Olverman is ordered to withhold payments totalling £13million to HMRC and not to pay any bills. Why didn't he go pubic?

I vass only following orderss

thanks no8 and the others who provided information on the political landscape of rangers. i must say i find the factionalism rather suprising given that you would think the Trust democratic one person one vote structure, would ensure that conflicting opinions could be resolved within the structures of the organisation rather than all out war between different groups.

Nope...Rangers and Celtic are far ahead of where they should be as far as competing in Europe goes. The other clubs have failed miserably for over 20 years and are light years behind Norwegian clubs..swedish clubs..danish clubs etc.

Nobody thinks we will ever compete with Madrid,Barca again but it is now far easier to sit in and watch that on Sky rather than going out on a cold winters day to watch the utter garbage that is dished up in Scottish football

As for the St Mirren supporters being happy with where they are...Then God help us given the dreadful attendances at NSMP. How many sell outs? 1 of the biggets crowds at the stadium was for a Scotland U21 game in midweek FFS!!

How did that go for you on Christmas Eve :)

Why is a Hibs fan losing sleep over the possibility of Rangers going bust? If he's a Hibs fans why not throw some of his £600 million (source: Jim Whyte) at Hibs.

It is one of the great mysteries in the world. Why in Gods name does he not invest some of his £600,00,000 wealth (copyright Jim Shyte) in the club that he supposedly has always supported (Hibs):blink:

Complete nonsense. Scottish football is far ahead of what it can reasonably expect given its population.

We have no chance of competing on quality levels with Real Madrid, those who think we do are too stupid to worth bothering about.

Agreed. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea - they all play fantasy football and I grew out of fantasy just after I finished reading Lord of the Rings 30 years ago. Give me the reality of Scottish football. The wee stories of Scottish football are every bit as exciting and real as the pumped up soap operas of the EPL or La Liga.

The average attendances at various European nations provided here a few minutes ago are totally wrong.

Is Captain Sensible chief accountant for D&P?

Attendances

different thing

clue

Average attendance ratios(population / average attendance) - the lower the number the better

I have stuck up for Captain Indefencible, I need a shower now.

Another point posters on this thread have made is that the crowds would flock back to games as it would appear the view is there would be a more relaxed attitude on matchday, less police, no boisterous Glasgow bigots etc….

The problem I see with this, is the view the money men at all clubs would have. Financial men deal with definites (in relation to income, not necessarily with outgoings!!). You can definitely say how much money you will generate from an OF visit and the yearly TV deal currently in place. Obviously they generate enough money matchday to justify the extra police / stewards et al.

You may see an increase in crowds without the OF but this is not guaranteed, therefore it would seem as though it could not be viewed as guaranteed income. So I think it's a bit simplistic to just say 'F*ck off, we'll take our chances'. You must have a plan in place to make up the shortfall.

If a new-co Rangers is allowed to just saunter back into the league, I think many fans will be done for good. These fans will never come back. Regardless of the short term financial hit, which nonetheless is hypothetical right now, that clubs may have to put up with, SPL clubs need to think long term.

Letting a new-co Rangers back in the league will be the final nail in the coffin for Scottish football.

Edited by punk_dfc

Been following this thread from the start, quality stuff. And I enjoy this forum, mostly for the reason it's populated with non-OF fans. It's nice to view the world outside the OF bubble for a change. Although to be honest I haven't paid much attention to any other threads since this one really took off.

lots of valid points made already.....tongue.gif

Thanks for Reading

The biggest problem is this saga has produced much chat and has muddied the waters as to the general consensus of what is being said.

There is few that actually believe the crowds will flow back to watch football but many believe that without 2 old firm teams it opens up scottish football again.

Yes Celtic will be dominant but a bad season for them will mean the chasing pack closer and finally a chance to break this duopoly in voting

and prize money.

Yes there is most likely to be a lot less income without Rangers but once again it is about finding the right level for scottish football. The prices and

wages have been dragged up to a false level that is unsustainable by the attendances.

Yes the quality of player will suffer but it is something most small teams fans have seen when they have been in the 1st division and are happy to take that consequence.

Most clubs have made efforts to get there debts under control at the expense of their playing squad. Ironically if the clubs started developing younger players that are on

longer contracts they would most likely see money coming in for those players again. The current basis of operating is paying high wages for loan deals and short term deals

where the player walks away for free.

I strongly fear the Appeals Panel will cave and reduce the penalty either to a suspended Transfer Signing Ban or else reduce the period to only the next transfer window.

In light of the findings in the report they released yesterday, they wouldn't dare do that.

Hopefully someone will do an exposé of Brian Kennedy when this whole mess is over.

A parasitical self publicist of the highest order. Claimed on TV last night that he will "sleep better" if he knows someone else will save Rangers. Why is a Hibs fan losing sleep over the possibility of Rangers going bust? If he's a Hibs fans why not throw some of his £600 million (source: Jim Whyte) at Hibs.

Admit it you tosser, you saw an opportunity to possibly make some money and you're pised off that Haudit & Daudit are not going to play ball. You are a bottom feeder.

I'd trust Philip Beresford's valuation way ahead of anything Jim Whyte had to say. £250milion is what he is worth.

Guys here don't like him much

Aye, it's only fair they get a turn, after all the nails Dundee drove in to it.

Haha, I always feel a little hypocritical when talking about Rangers' financial plight. I am not proud of the way Dundee has conducted themselves financially and do appreciate other supporter's perceptions of them.

If Dundee had been liquidated, I would not have expected us to walk back into the 1st Division though.

different thing

clue

I have stuck up for Captain Indefencible, I need a shower now.

You've missed out his post which stated

Some more stats for no.8

St. Mirren's average home gate this season is 4,493.

Croatia, a country with a similar population to Scotland, has an average top flight attendance of 2,010 with the best supported club having an average of 3,875.

Hungary has a population twice that of Scotland yet their average top flight attendance is only 3,076.

Romania has a population which is four times greater than Scotland. Their average top flight attendance is 4,411.

Bulgaria has a population which is 50% greater than Scotland's. The average attendance in their top flight is a mere 1,627. Their best supported club has an average attendance of only 4,633.

I'd trust Philip Beresford's valuation way ahead of anything Jim Whyte had to say. £250milion is what he is worth.

Guys here don't like him much

I don't think there is anyone else to buy ra berrz. It was either them or liquidation. Jim white realises this and is shitting himself.

Haha, I always feel a little hypocritical when talking about Rangers' financial plight. I am not proud of the way Dundee has conducted themselves financially and do appreciate other supporter's perceptions of them.

If Dundee had been liquidated, I would not have expected us to walk back into the 1st Division though.

TBF The SFL probably did more to tarnish the game than yourselves or Livi. They couldn't run a bath and your club level hypocrisy is dwarved by theirs. They couldn't have fucked up if you didn't give them the chance though.