Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

now they're all arguing with each other. excellent.

I'm listening to Traynor and Young, I think someone has slipped drugs into my tea, they are blaming the SFA for Rangers troubles :blink:

Scottish football is a total joke :D

you have to wonder how they're going to deal with ten years of tax-dodging and playing ineligible players.

If White's comparatively minor offences got them whacking fines and a twelve-month signing ban, everything that's going to fall out of the tax cases is going to require a tactical nuclear strike on Ibrox, I would've thought.

Have they been found guilty of this?

Edited by AND180Y

now they're all arguing with each other. excellent.

It's turning into another shitty bun fight. Traynor and Young seem to take whatever line they want so long as it backs up what their argument is at the time. Clearly contradiction is irrelevant. Traynor has just said that he supports Rangers being dropped down to the 3rd due to their actions. Now forgive me but isn't that the opposite of what he was peddling just a few days ago.

Traynor saying that the SFA should have been asking more questions. :lol:

FFS. It's everybody else's fault (not to mention that the bears and ra peepul would have been roaring howling that they were interfering) and the whataboutery is just boring now. Plus Billy Dodds is so out of his depth it is comical.

I don't think that's true or a fair comparison TBH. Strip the top clubs records out of any league in Europe and you'll find that The Rest fail every bit as much as our Rest do. When Aberdeen and United were rampaging through Europe they were our best clubs and the OF were contributing zilch to the coefficient, that's how it works.

The 'New Firm' was a bit of a myth as it was generally Celtic and Aberdeen which shared the top two spots. United won a couple of league Cups and some great runs in Europe but apart from their title in 1983, they never really came close again prior to or after 1983.

Also, I dont think there was a co-efficent around then.

Some season's (including ours) aren't finished yet, and some are only just started. But within that site, you'll find more recent stats as well.

Just with a bit of due diligence! rolleyes.gif

And as I said:

That data you have linked to is for 2010/2011. What's needed is an average over several seasons.

One season does not an argument make.

The 'New Firm' was a bit of a myth as it was generally Celtic and Aberdeen which shared the top two spots. United won a couple of league Cups and some great runs in Europe but apart from their title in 1983, they never really came close again prior to or after 1983.

Also, I dont think there was a co-efficent around then.

Let me re-phrase dry.gif

Regardless of league positions, Aberdeen and United were our best clubs as borne out by their performances in Europe which has resulted in the fantastic restrospective high UEFA co-efficients etc etc

Hyman Minsky's famed little ditty might be due out for another spin in a few weeks, we shall see. Risk premiums set to soar, demand for cashflows brought forward requiring everyone to have more liquidity on hand (or at least those who have liquefiable assets) and against a substantial retrenchment of projected income.

"It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked." Warren Buffet.

Nemesis follows hubris, ;)