Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thats what I was thinking too. I also believe, that everyone who comes up with these statements, seems to think that the opposing team who replace "The Rangers", will have no fans following them at all. Why does no-one consider the possibility that the actual "Diddy teams" attendances (over the whole season), could in fact increase, without "The Rangers".

If we can disprove the myth that Scottish football will not survive the death/disappearance/demotion of Rangers, then Scottish football can move forward, for the first time in a generation.

The succulent lamb way of thinking is that without Rangers there will be a team just having a weekend off each matchday and the Sky deal will be £0. Ridiculous

I've just had to write off 20+ pages due to having something to celebrate for once.

Never mind, back on the usual behaviour now. Are they deid yet?

No, still alive. They were all set to die at 6pm on Sunday but you weren't around to push the button that would have consigned them to oblivion! Now how'd you feel?

;)

Ravelin

So provided the CVA is submitted on Wednesday at the latest, the end of the "cooling off period" would be Monday 9th July, then does anyone know exactly what happens?

Afterall, the fixture list will already have been released by then, and it would be less than 4 weeks until kick-off (before taking account of whatever happens next). If the CVA can't be reached, surely it's too late for any Newco scenario by then?

They can insist, but does the law not state that all creditors are treated equally?

Fortunately, in considering their position, HMRC will adopt this approach.

Much as I'm growing tired (and wary) of speculating as to what will happen next, I'm as close to 100% about two outcomes as I'm ever likely to be:

1) There will be no CVA;

2) If Rangers exist as an entity in any form, and it is a facility that is available to them, ALL the SPL chairpersons will vote in such a way as to permit their direct entry to the league.

The SPL will adopt the safety in numbers approach. They'll circle the wagons and ensure that no-one is too vulnerable and can get picked off. This is the harsh, and thoroughly unpalatable reality.

The only outcome that could see Rangers either all but cease to exist or drop down the leagues would be if the revelations yet to come are so incendiary, that the authorities have no option but to be seen to act (ie - if UEFA start to flex their muscles and force the hand of the SPL and SFA). I suspect the BBC documentary and what they uncover could have a dramatic impact in this respect. Cannae wait for that!

*Edit for typos*

Edited by Drooper

Simple quiz. Here are Rangers starting eleven from the last game of the season. The aim is to predict where they will be plying their trade NEXT season.

Quiz closes at 6 p.m. Tuesday 22 May and will be judged at the end of the transfer window.

1 McGregor (West Brom)

2 Broadfoot (Bristol City)

3 Wallace (Bolton)

4 Whittaker (West Brom)

5 Bartley (Arsenal Reserves)

6 Perry (The Artist Formerly Known as Rangers F.C)

7 McCulloch (The Artist Formerly Known as Rangers F.C)

8 Edu (St. Etienne)

9 Aluko (Zaragoza)

10 Bedoya (AIK Stockholm)

11 McCabe (The Artist Formerly Known as Rangers F.C)

First prize, for most correct answers, is a big bag of M&M's to be donated by Granny Danger (seriously) – choice of peanut or chocolate. Witty responses will also be welcome but no prize.

NB - The numbers are not squad numbers but rather to make answering easier.

Players must be over 18. Terms and conditions apply. Calls from landlines will be charged at your normal rates.

Peanut M&M's please :thumsup2

alex thomson ‏@alextomo

TOMOBLOG later: did Rangers Administrators ignore a bidder with more than £600 million in funds?

This would be funny as fVck if true.

Fortunately, in considering their position, HMRC will adopt this approach.

Much as I'm growing tired (and wary) of speculating as to what will happen next, I'm as close to 100% about two outcomes as I'm ever likely to be:

1) There will be no CVA;

2) If Rangers exist as an entity in any form, and it is a facility that is available to them, ALL the SPL chairpersons will vote in such a way as to permit their direct entry to the league.

The SPL will adopt the safety in numbers approach. They'll circle the wagons and ensure that no-one is too vulnerable and can get picked off. This is the harsh, and thoroughly unpalatable reality.

The only outcome that could see Rangers either all but cease to exist or drop down the leagues would be if the revelations yet to come are so incendiary, that the authorities have no option but to be seen to act (ie - if UEFA start to flex their muscles and force the hand of the SPL and SFA). I suspect the BBC documentary and what they uncover could have a dramatic impact in this respect. Cannae wait for that!

*Edit for typos*

I don't disagree with any of that - especially the bit about the SPL chairmen circling their wagons and voting to allow a newco Rangers straight into the SPL, but in regard to that now happening... is there actually time to do it? Even if Doncaster and 12 chairmen want nothing more in this world than for Rangers to carry on in the SPL... can it happen? We've seen the timetable for creditors being offered the CVA, and the cooling off period, etc. If that pans out, and is rejected... ker-boom. Liquidation, players leaving like rats from a sinking ship, and what I imagine would be utter meltdown and chaos... as if it hasn't been like that since Feb 14 anyway.

If Haudit and Daudit had swung the cost-cutting axe on Feb 15, had set a deadline IN STONE for bidders to show their hand, and so on and soforth - it might have been a different story. As things stand though, here we are on May 21st and it is still a state of limbo - no-one knows what is going on. As each day is chalked off the calendar, it surely becomes even harder to contemplate a newco Rangers being legally set-up, and ready to roll almost as if nothing had happened in next season's SPL. No?

they would have to actually write about scottish football on the whole.

You can't expect them to do that they'd have to learn player's names and stuff.

Until now unless you have come from Rangers/Celtic, previously interested Rangers/Celtic or are a potential target for Rangers/Celtic then your playing career will be a mystery to them. Goals against Rangers/Celticand injuring a player from Rangers/Celticmay mean they know who you play for and your nationality.

1 McGregor - I'm a celebrity nugget, get me out of here/ Sunderland

2 Broadfoot - donkey sanctuary

3 Wallace - Blackpool

4 Whittaker - Southampton

5 Bartley - Peterborough on loan from Arsenal

6 Perry - tax cheat newco

7 McCulloch - tax cheat newco

8 Edu - Socheaux

9 Aluko - tax cheat newco

10 Bedoya - Portland TIMBears

11 McCabe - tax cheat newco

I'll add my prize to the P&B takeover fund

Save our Bigots SoBs :P

Edited by jagfox

laugh.gif must be true.

The frenzy appears to have calmed, is this the moment of silence before the death rattle?

I felt dirty saying it.

Quite funny that its a Rangers fans paper I'm.using to mock his clubs up and coming demise, fair cheers me up.

I was just thinking - the SPL fixtures are due in less than a month from now (IIRC) - I wonder if they will have decided Rangers fate by then or if we'll need a "Team X", the way we did when the Motherwell/Falkirk question was around ten years back. If there is no meeting of creditors until June and the CVA is rejected - then it doesn't leave much time....

Is there actually any posters on here who dont regularly attend their teams games in the SPL 'who would be tempted back if there was an SPL without Rangers next season.

Andy Mcinnes in todays Star....

"It has been quantified that every club in the top league would lose £600,000 via TV deals, attendances and season ticket sales if Rangers are exiled to the lower divisions.

Now my sources at the bank that extends very unhealthy overdrafts to most of them, tell me that they would have to call in the debts of those clubs if they were to lose that sort of revenue for a few seasons"

Anyone want to guess what side of the fence Andy sits on?

Another eejit saying clubs will be dead if Rangers go down. I have to ask, how many clubs in the SPL can actually afford relegation?

At most clubs Season Ticket sales would only be affected POSITIVELY if they arte told to GTF.

Celtic being a probable exception.

I smell sh!te.

Is there actually any posters on here who dont regularly attend their teams games in the SPL 'who would be tempted back if there was an SPL without Rangers next season.

As I've stated before, if they're still there, I'm done.

If they are gone, completely, as they should be, I'll be buying my first RP season ticket for over twenty years, even though I'll still probably only make between three and six trips to TTOP - and it'll be an adult/child combo, as No. 4 daughter wants to see "Daddy's Team"....