Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Rangers supporters are shaking their buckets and thecoins rattling inside are attracting the attention of the faithful making theirway into the 'Big Hoose'. We are told that the fans have raised a commendable£500,000 to contribute to the fighting fund and the objective of saving theirclub. This picture is broadcast as part of the 'They sold the Jerseys' BBCdocumentary and it sits very uncomfortably alongside the claims of greed, dodgydeals, back-handers and egotistical actions surrounding 'the most famous footballclub on the planet'

While some discuss the merits of David Murray's admissionthat he was duped, my mind wanders back to these unthinking fools collectingcoins in buckets. If ever there was a group of people who have been duped it isthey. If the content of the BBC programme is substantiated it will be clearthat the victims in this sorry episode are the grass roots football supporters.

We have all been duped to a certain extent, by acceptingthat Rangers were a bona fide football club, when in reality their officebearers were a duplicitous bunch of scoundrels who have been lining theirpockets at the expense of the gullible football fan.

What is it we have been watching since David Murray took thehelm at Rangers ? It seems to me that itis nothing more than a charade and the only objective for him was thedevelopment of his ego. Let me remind everyone. David Murray was adyed-in-the-wool Ayr United supporter. He danced a couple of dances with theHonest Men and just when we thought he would propose marriage, he spotted a bigsexy bird from Glasgow and we were duly dumped as he hastily chased the skirtto the big city. "I can assure the Ayr supporters I won't be going away" saidour number one fan, just before he jumped in a taxi to Ibrox to assume hisposition at the top of Scottish football. The fickle Rangers fans welcomed him with openarms and it didn't take long for confirmation that he was truly the Messiahthey craved. Well, he had lots and lots of money. What else matters ?

Well, actually, he never. Just like Craig Whyte all theseyears later he put nothing in. The bank paid £6m and the rest is history. I'mnot sure that Craig Whyte took out as much as £6.3m for himself but we now knowthat this Knight of the Realm had no qualms about helping himself.

What about his sycophants though ? The bank officials ? theRangers board members ? the highly paid mercenary players who loved Rangers ?They all did very nicely out of the whole affair. I haven't seen any of them helpingwith the collection buckets.

They now seem to be of the opinion that they can walk awayunscathed from this fiasco. After all, it wasn't them. They never knew what wasgoing on ? It had nothing to do with theclub, it was the work of one individual, Craig Whyte. How can the club bepunished for the deeds of an errant individual. Well, it now appears that therewere two., Sir David and Craig Whyte. The Rangers Football Club and everyone elseconnected to the club were innocent victims. They are all keen to tell us aboutthe part they played in the success, the trophies, the European final, theleague triumphs. All the success ? That was down to them. The bad stuff ? Ohno, nothing to do with us Gov.

The favoured solution for an inordinate amount ofself-interested people is a return to normality. Welcome Rangers back into thefold without further sanctions and show due deference to the greatest club on Earth.To do so means the other clubs within the SPL selling their souls to the devilbut, as they would have us believe, they will all go out of business withoutthe support of this altruistic organisation.

As for the guys who are collecting the cash in buckets, thefans who have paid hard-earned money for season tickets for their respectiveteams, the pay at the gate supporters who can ill-afford season tickets, theSky television subscribers who have shelled out disproportionate amounts oftheir earnings to have it distributed to these financial terrorists, it's timeto wake up.

We've been duped, not David Murray, not the players, not theboard members, not the chairmen of the 'diddy' clubs. No, it's us. We've allheard the patronising phrase 'The game is all about the fans' but we all knowbetter now. We can't have reconstruction, we can't have equitable competition.We need to do what we're told. Pay up and shut up.

The institution that is Glasgow Rangers has no place within Scottishfootball. Not in the SPL, not in the first division, not in the seconddivision, not in the third division. Thanks to the corrupt deeds of officials atthis club they have waived their right to be included in our national game andthey should be held up as an example to those who would consider the same typeof conduct. The SFA panel believed that Rangers' expulsion from membership ofthe SFA would be too harsh. They meant well but they got it wrong. That verypunishment would have been appropriate in the circumstances.

The actions of these people must result in appropriateconsequences and unfortunately that will not result in a victimless scenario. Thecoin collectors have raised half a million ponds but, as we all know, that's adrop in the ocean when compared to the ludicrous sums of money that havechanged hands in their name. It is also a totally irrelevant amount of money inthe grand scheme to save their club.

Should the right thing be done, the decent,law-abiding supporters of Rangers will watch as their beloved club is consignedto the dustbin. Would they rather be fans of a club that is reviled by everysupporter in the land and forever tainted ?

Fantastic post from a fellow Ayr fan. By God we dodged a bullet when the old board told him to go away with his £500k offer for Ayr. The rest is history (hopefully!)

:lol:

Aye, ok then Dr Gonzo

To be fair I dont keep up with the goings on at Clyde (last I saw them the goalie was celebrating a 0-0 draw like it was promotion...) - but why not Clyde?

I would imagine the Shire and Cowden are a far more likely candidate fwiw.

No, it could happen and has been talked about since the start of this whole sorry tale. Likely candidate clubs include:

- Cowdenbeath - chairman one D Findlay QC, leaving their ground next year with no known destination, now in SFL1 so would get "them" back into the SPL quickly

- Clyde - in pretty dire financial straits with very small fan base so few people to complain, not really operating in their traditional location now anyway. Regular noises about them being kicked out of Broadwood?

- East Stirlingshire - regularly the ginger stepchild of the league, groundsharing with Stenhousemuir, low crowds, have an owner who would willingly sell.

Think Alan Mackin is out the picture. Pretty sure Shire fans run the club now. He was a right shady mini-whyte cunto though!!!

edit: Ivo Den Bieman will probably know better i'd expect

Edited by speckled tangerine

No, it could happen and has been talked about since the start of this whole sorry tale. Likely candidate clubs include:

- Cowdenbeath - chairman one D Findlay QC, leaving their ground next year with no known destination, now in SFL1 so would get "them" back into the SPL quickly

- Clyde - in pretty dire financial straits with very small fan base so few people to complain, not really operating in their traditional location now anyway. Regular noises about them being kicked out of Broadwood?

- East Stirlingshire - regularly the ginger stepchild of the league, groundsharing with Stenhousemuir, low crowds, have an owner who would willingly sell.

I thought there were rules introduced or loopholes closed to prevent this scenario following the assumption of Clydebank by Airdrieonians?

I may be wrong though, perhaps someone could confirm.

The Ibrox Video Library are more likely to have the following titles (all in the section "educational material for potential owners")

Boiler Room

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Eight Men Out

The Emperor's New Clothes

Fargo

The Flim-Flam Man

The Freshman

The Grifters

Matchstick Men

The Scam (Afera)

Shattered Glass (could be out on loan to wee Chick)

The Sting

220px-Brewsters_millions.jpg

You forgot another potential:

- Kilmarnock - already in the SPL, one man board, major shareholder who has no interest in football

You forgot another potential:

- Kilmarnock - already in the SPL, one man board, major shareholder who has no interest in football

You would cost too much though and have debt, so it wouldnt be a good fit.

St Mirren would have, low cost to buy, assets worth more than the cost, nice wee reserve stadium for them.

it would have been hellish.

The Fixture list is due out in less than a months time. it will be at least two months before a CVA could be agreed and set up( thats if one is agreed) so even if Doncaster gets his way and the SPL ignores years of cheating there still going to have to face allowing a club in admin to compete Next season? do they start with another ten point deduction?

Not sure what the cut-off date is, but yes, if they are still in administration (must be getting less likely all the time) there will be another ten points deducted next season!

East Stirling is going to be very difficult to purchase i think. Although Spencer Fearn sold up and Alan Mackin is still involved with Firs Park I think that Shire Trust own most of the shares. One of their fans will be best to confirm this mind. I don't see Shire Trust selling to Rangers. In talks on a new ground in Falkirk (Bainsford) are they not?

Clyde- Are they not in a CIC type scheme making it difficult to purchase? Meant to be moving to EK long term.

Cowdenbeath is an interesting one, I guess it is a possibility but I see it as unlikely as I'm not sure the club is in a position where people want to sell.

I'd add ourselves to this one. If we didn't have a Chairman and Board so passionate about the club and we were sold to the wrong people, we very much could have been shut down and moved to Ibrox.

However any transfer has to be approved. Whilst many understood the Airdrie-Clydebank thing, could many do the same for say replacing St Mirren with Rangers?

On the EBT thing, the Beeb have done a decent job here in trying to open up this story, that's all they're doing as HMRC are in possession of the facts on EBT's and the SPL have started their investigation into dual contracts. It's not the Beeb who are making the accusations, they are merely trying to get a story. If they've got it wrong then defamation writs will be slapped on the desk, the rest is just idle chatter. The SPL and SFA are playing a game of who blinks first; both hoping that someone else takes the rap for winding up the Orcs and takes the ensuing personal risks.

On the Duff and Duffer/CW/Ticketus/SDM who knew what and when story; looks like a no brainer but I don't think anyone has actually raised it as a criminal or otherwise illegal act? In that case they are leading the story on the MSM so I'd guess they will home in on that going forward.