Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Something I don't quite get is where would a newco Rangers play. They can't be allowed to keep Ibrox, so surely they (or the creditors) just have to sell to the highest bidder and hope that the new owner decides the most profitable course is to rent it back to a football club?

I'd imagine Murray Park is a gonner.

Not that this should even be an issue of course, in any other league in the world they'd have been punted to the provincial leagues by now dry.gif

Right, I'm off to France for two weeks and I'm not taking the laptop with me.

Please please please let them be dead by the time I return.

I would dread having to catch up on a fortnights worth of this thread!!

Aye, it's hard enough to catch up overnight! smile.gif

Something I don't quite get is where would a newco Rangers play. They can't be allowed to keep Ibrox, so surely they (or the creditors) just have to sell to the highest bidder and hope that the new owner decides the most profitable course is to rent it back to a football club?

I'd imagine Murray Park is a gonner.

Not that this should even be an issue of course, in any other league in the world they'd have been punted to the provincial leagues by now dry.gif

I'd imagine Mr Whyte would be "reasonable" in letting a new club use Ibrox in return for a token consideration

<_<

New rumour opened up on "onefinfalkirk" about the supposed "Nuclear" situation at Ibrox. If true, could see the end of the club! Don't know how true it is though.

It's being passed around the forums, was on here a couple of pages ago. Think it's a wind up.

Aye, it's hard enough to catch up overnight! smile.gif

I've been in Germany for the past 5 days and have completely lost track. I've gathered that nothings actually changed since I've been away, but there have been a few interesting revelations along the way. I've given up trying to catch up though, and I'm just going to attempt to hit the ground running from here.

Edited by Spain

That's exactly what would happen - but for various reasons, it's difficult to see it being commercially optimal to build houses on it.

Failing that they might look at Scotstoun, groundshare at Firhill, etc.

I've been in Germany for the past 5 days and have completely lost track. I've gathered that nothings actually changed since I've been away, but there have been a few interesting revelations along the way. I've given up trying to catch up though, and I'm just going to attempt to hit the ground running from here.

Did you see the BBC documentary? If not find it on iPlayer "the men who sold the jerseys".

Rangers have taken SFA to court of session over the signing embargo on Friday, continued tomorrow, a move prohibited by FIFA/UEFA, could see them suspended or expelled from SFA or if the SFA bottle it then the SFA could receive sanctions including suspension of the national team and suspension of league competitions in the country.

A few rumours about Murray's business dealings including rumours of international arrest warrants issued in S. Africa for money laundering.

I think that's about it mate.

ETA Saturday's off the ball is worth a listen for giggle and cringe factors.

Edited by stonedsailor

Did you see the BBC documentary? If not find it on iPlayer "the men who sold the jerseys".

Rangers have taken SFA to court of session over the signing embargo on Friday, continued tomorrow, a move prohibited by FIFA/UEFA, could see them suspended or expelled from SFA or if the SFA bottle it then the SFA could receive sanctions including suspension of the national team and suspension of league competitions in the country.

A few rumours about Murray's business dealings including rumours of international arrest warrants issued in S. Africa for money laundering.

Don't forget to listen to the podcast of Saturday's Sportsound on Radio Scotland.. Wee Chico verging on a nervous breakdown live in the studio.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Pretty much looks like the rules are being made up as this shambles proceeds. So I suppose the answer is "no, nobody knows but yes, they can try to do anything the please". Hope this helps....or not. :lol:

Don't forget to listen to the podcast of Saturday's Sportsound on Radio Scotland.. Wee Chico verging on a nervous breakdown live in the studio.

The best bit was the Pythonesque (what have the Romans ever done for us? ) exchange between Chico and Spencey when Chico described it as a particularly depressing season for Scottish football ( so bad for CFC cos they didnae win the treblel!!). As JS said, only if you're a Rangers supporter!! Yir wee blue neck is showing, Chic.

Edited by Happy Buddie

Florentine_Pogen, on 28 May 2012 - 09:38, said:

http://www.hmfckickb...page__st__15480

This link is to Jambos Kickback. Hope the link works. There are a couple of posts by Hagar the Horrible on the RFC Aministration thread - (post nos. 15500 & 15501) which are very, very interesting.

Lifted directly from RTC... discussed on here in the last 30 pages...

Hagar obviously has been close to the action, and the key players. And yes very, very interesting. I am being lazy here, don't have an account for the Jambos site. Hopefully Hagar might be able to join these up???

Going back a bit there was a company GL Group, which was one of Gavin Masterton's babies. Ended in tears for some. Police involved. Think the Bank went down for about £25 million. Bank formed a board level committee at the time to ensure no dirt on them.

Can't find anything via Google other than this http://www.edinburgh-gazette.co.uk/issues/22501/pages/217/page.pdf

Littlewood who gets an honourable mention there was matey with Murray. He ran a business that was into electronics generally, quite clever stuff used in survellience etc. Supplied police forces. He eventually did a bunk across to the US.

Had quite high profile private investors. So young aggressive companies run by young aggressive owners were nice for the Bank of Scotland, but also nice for individual investors.A bit of a win win, help businesses grow while letting some VCs and high net worth individuals get a return. Mezzanine financing was the name of the game.

The behaviour of Littlewood and GL was amazingly similar to Murray and Rangers. ohmy.gif As if they had gone to the same business school. wink.gif

what time do they announce the delay to the CVA announcement?

That announcement was due at 10am but has been delayed for reasons of transparency.

Cheers, guys. I've got the BBC documentary recorded on Sky+ but I'll try and catch the other things also.

So the big news is Rangers taking the SFA to the CoS. This will really ruffle the SFA and UEFA/FIFA's collective feathers, and the question then has to be asked is how these bodies (UEFA & FIFA especially) view any future Newco's.

Edit: ^^^ which I'm sure if I look back, will have been discussed extensively already. :ph34r:

Edited by Spain

I hope the court of session chucks out the Rangers appeal. When I heard that they had done that, what small granule of sympathy I had with the club went out of the window. I can understand them attempting everything possible but this was just one action too far.

Take your medicine, serve your community service. Rangers need to do this. If they don’t the SPL and Scottish football will be a laughing stock around the world. Do the chairmen want that? Do are fat lazy footall pundits want that?

I have this horrible feeling that they are going to get away with everything and it will be business as usual next season. Back to endless dreary old firm articles, back to the old firm saying “ we are too big for this league” back to “lets have ten teams cos we need the money”. It will be as if nothing happened. I hope it doesn’t but I just have feeling that it will.

Cheers, guys. I've got the BBC documentary recorded on Sky+ but I'll try and catch the other things also.

So the big news is Rangers taking the SFA to the CoS. This will really ruffle the SFA and UEFA/FIFA's collective feathers, and the question then has to be asked is how these bodies (UEFA & FIFA especially) view any future Newco's.

Edit: ^^^ which I'm sure if I look back, will have been discussed extensively already. :ph34r:

DO NOT look back before watching the documentary, please. I watched it whilst visiting my in-laws and missed half of the jaw dropping moments but caught enough to ruin the wow factor when I re-watched it later. You cannot let anything spoil this for you, a mixture of "they did what?" some classic comedy moments and stuff we already knew. You'll love it.

I hope the court of session chucks out the Rangers appeal. When I heard that they had done that, what small granule of sympathy I had with the club went out of the window. I can understand them attempting everything possible but this was just one action too far.

Take your medicine, serve your community service. Rangers need to do this. If they don’t the SPL and Scottish football will be a laughing stock around the world. Do the chairmen want that? Do are fat lazy footall pundits want that?

I have this horrible feeling that they are going to get away with everything and it will be business as usual next season. Back to endless dreary old firm articles, back to the old firm saying “ we are too big for this league” back to “lets have ten teams cos we need the money”. It will be as if nothing happened. I hope it doesn’t but I just have feeling that it will.

I think that particular horse has long since left the stable. Whilst we have venal erseholes like Regan, Doncaster, Ogilvie(criminal) running the game and no-mark jizz swallowers like Chick Faeces, Leggat, Jackson, Traynor, King et al, reporting it, we can't expect anyone to take us seriously.

Our national squad is also a joke.

As someone mentioned a few pages ago, now is the time to reform & revolutionise the game.

Any chance we could maybe entice The Bunnet back over ? :D