Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Is what newco Rangers is trying to do any different from me setting up my own team and bypassing every level of football and going straight to the top on the basis that we have more fans than most of you and the TV want's to show us?

Yes.

Why? In Gaz FFC's hypothetical scenario, why can't his own team apply to have Rangers' SPL share transferred to them as an asset? I realise it's a ridiculous scenario, but still, you have the newco Rangers, you have Gaz FFC's team. One is a entirely separate entity from the old Rangers which is trying to transfer all the assets, the other is an entirely separate entity from the old Rangers which is trying to transfer a single asset (the SPL place). Clearly, neither has any right whatsoever to that SPL place.

I've been unable to keep up with every page of the thread now and it probably came up months ago, but is it definite that the vote on newco admission will be publicly declared? There's a lot of people assuming that Celtic will vote no due to fan pressure, but if the votes will remain anonymous they can go ahead and vote yes without worrying about the consequences. I'm assuming it's public, but is there any official confirmation of this somewhere?

The SFA are the only relevant football authority. The SPL isn't a football authority it is a trade group. As such the SFA can punish a football club, the SPL can only punish companies that own football clubs. Usually a merely pedantic difference but in this case it is a big one since the football club is being separated from the company.

But how would that work, practically. How do you impose any footballing penalty against a company?

Plus, not just any company can enter the SPL, it has to be a football club registered with the SFA.

Anyways, the SPL side is, fairly, irrelevant. If the SFA transfer the membership I dont see anyway that the newco could be considered as a new club, therefore any punishments due would still stand.

If the newco wants to be considered as a new club then there is no way it can play in the SPL next season and would have to apply for a new SFA membership and SFL status. Given that the reincarnation of Gretna were told they couldnt reapply without 3 years accounts, how could a newco Rangers be allowed to?

Its transfer or nothing and a transfer means continuation, which means liability for previous misdemeanours.

Yon lass who was on the ITV "downfall" program last night said they can't use that after they are wound up,

she said it was permitted in the interim as a "trading style"

No, I don't claim to understand that either.

Liking "Triggers new broom" FC

After reading around a bit, I think it means he has just applied to use "The Rangers" as an alias. They haven't changed the company name,

So, officially they are still called:

Sevco5088

Catchy.

Why? In Gaz FFC's hypothetical scenario, why can't his own team apply to have Rangers' SPL share transferred to them as an asset? I realise it's a ridiculous scenario, but still, you have the newco Rangers, you have Gaz FFC's team. One is a entirely separate entity from the old Rangers which is trying to transfer all the assets, the other is an entirely separate entity from the old Rangers which is trying to transfer a single asset (the SPL place). Clearly, neither has any right whatsoever to that SPL place.

I've been unable to keep up with every page of the thread now and it probably came up months ago, but is it definite that the vote on newco admission will be publicly declared? There's a lot of people assuming that Celtic will vote no due to fan pressure, but if the votes will remain anonymous they can go ahead and vote yes without worrying about the consequences. I'm assuming it's public, but is there any official confirmation of this somewhere?

The rules are pretty clear that the transfer will only be considered if its from a similar company with similar management for the purposes of restructuring, or something along those lines. Im sure someone can dig out the exact wording.

Would you not rather they were the same club?

If the newco genuinely is a newco, in footballing terms, (which it isnt, but lets pretend) and the SPL clubs vote them back in, then thats it, other than whatever slap on the wrist conditions are applied to the transfer. No disrepute charges, no dual contract investigation. Is that really a good thing?

No, if they are a true newco and have to start everything from scratch right down to having to apply for membership to the SFL then justice is done. If they are voted into the SPL as a brand new entity then that would be killing the game, ICT, C*unty, Gretna, every member of the SPL barring Celtic and Aberdeen had to earn their place in the top flight. t'Rangers should be no different and I do not see any SPL team readmitting them knowing that legally they cannot be punished. If that happened you'd lose most of the fans of every other team.

The rules are pretty clear that the transfer will only be considered if its from a similar company with similar management for the purposes of restructuring, or something along those lines. Im sure someone can dig out the exact wording.

But none of the old management are there, so surely.....

But how would that work, practically. How do you impose any footballing penalty against a company?

Plus, not just any company can enter the SPL, it has to be a football club registered with the SFA.

Anyways, the SPL side is, fairly, irrelevant. If the SFA transfer the membership I dont see anyway that the newco could be considered as a new club, therefore any punishments due would still stand.

If the newco wants to be considered as a new club then there is no way it can play in the SPL next season and would have to apply for a new SFA membership and SFL status. Given that the reincarnation of Gretna were told they couldnt reapply without 3 years accounts, how could a newco Rangers be allowed to?

Its transfer or nothing and a transfer means continuation, which means liability for previous misdemeanours.

There was a bit on one the BBC website that made it clear the SFA can accept or reject any application and attach any conditions. The newco is not a member, if they do not accept conditions and are told to get lost they can't go running to the courts complaining. Is the SPL position similar, i.e. accept these conditions if you want membership or do one.

There was a bit on one the BBC website that made it clear the SFA can accept or reject any application and attach any conditions. The newco is not a member, if they do not accept conditions and are told to get lost they can't go running to the courts complaining. Is the SPL position similar, i.e. accept these conditions if you want membership or do one.

Get the SFA to tell them to f*ck off, and make Campbell Ogilvie sign the death warrant.

Without reading it first, of course.

Moreover, I don't think people have really grasped the seriousness and implications of this SPL vote. If Newco are allowed back in as if nothing happened then every phuking team with a huge debt will follow in their tracks and liquidate safe in the knowledge that it's perfectly alright to cheat, not pay your taxes, get phuk all punishment and be granted easy access back in to the SPL. You can bet your bottom Pound Sterling that Johnson will want to follow Newco's masterplan step by step. I mean think of all the money he could get away with not paying?! Fud.

Utter mince. St Johnstone usually press release to Perthshire Advertiser and Courier and generally get ignored in the Daily Record. In the history of the club I have never known us to send press statements to the Manchester Evening News, or for that paper to show any interest in our existence. This is clearly from Croft's agent or Croft himself and not SJFC. We offered a deal to Jody Morris who has left for Bristol and so if the club chose to do so could fund Croft's signing. He would need to take a significant drop in salary from his days at Derby and rightly so. So utter mince and as 7-2 says propaganda. Move along nothing to see here.

Steve Lomas has plenty of contacts in the Manchester media.

TBF to @BBCchrismclaug, he's also qualified that: #SPL source: Part of newco application for membership could depend on them taking responsibility for possible past transgressions. #Rangers

Anyway, here's that peculiar graphic ("NOT FOOTBALL FANS") from the STV docudrama last evening:

2hfou50.jpg

what did the other 32% of Rangers fans want?

After reading around a bit, I think it means he has just applied to use "The Rangers" as an alias. They haven't changed the company name,

So, officially they are still called:

Sevco5088

Catchy.

Maybe Green is playing this as a blinder,and has no intention of actually putting a team on the park.He is just going through the motions to bide time for when he sells off the ground to a property developer,or supermarket chain.