Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1-1 (2-1 the "no's" if we include Well) in todays declared votes going by the following:-

Michael Johnston heartened by Killie season ticket sales

By John Barnes

BBC Scotland Chairman Michael Johnston is encouraged by a five per cent rise in season ticket sales at Kilmarnock compared to the same period last year.

But he warns that the club will need an extra 1,000 fans at home games should a 'newco' Rangers not be admitted to the Scottish Premier League.

And he admits that forward planning has been hindered by the uncertainty.

"The next few weeks are critical in terms of preparing the playing squad for the new season," said Johnston.

The 12 SPL sides will meet on 4 July to decide whether a new Rangers should be granted entry to the top flight.

And Johnston is concerned by the potential loss of revenue should that vote go against the Ibrox club.

Pre-season training for Killie begins on 25 June and some out-of-contract squad members have yet to be offered new deals.

Manager Kenny Shiels would also like to recruit some of the signing targets he has identified.

"The uncertainty over Rangers' participation in the SPL and the potential consequences of that for the level of gate receipts and TV revenues received via the SPL has meant that we have not been able to press ahead with our plans," explained Johnston.

"For that reason, the news on season ticket sales offers encouragement and, hopefully, we'll be able to continue to report positive news as we proceed through the renewal process.

"It's a sobering thought, however, that we'd need around 1,000 additional adult season ticket sales to make up for the loss of two home fixtures against Rangers next season - but if that becomes a necessity, then that's what we'll aim to do.

"So, we're looking for the wider issues to be resolved quickly, which will allow us and the rest of the SPL clubs to finalise budgets and pre-season plans and get back to playing football.

"Now, perhaps more than ever before, we need our true supporters to back the club - regardless of who "Club 12" turns out to be."

The soon-to-be liquidated Rangers were replaced by a Club 12 on the SPL's fixtures list, with Kilmarnock hosting them on day one of the new term .

So Rangers bring 9/10000 to Killie every game.

I'm afraid I'm heading into the Killie are a bunch of H** loving b*****ds camp the way things are going.

Can the Killie fans not tell this numpty to shut his fcuking gub.

Edited by ayrmad

Statement from Kenny Cameron of ICT:

Posted 15 minutes ago

Open letter to the fans from ICTFC chairman Kenny Cameron:

The Rangers situation has resulted in a huge volume of letters, emails and phone calls to me from Caley Thistle supporters -- so many that I cannot reply individually, though all have been given due consideration and the board fully appreciates our fans' strength of feeling on the issue.

Similarly, all the posts on the fans' website have been noted. This week we consulted with the Supporters Trust, whose input is particularly important to us.

It is fair to say that those who say that Rangers have been punished sufficiently are in an extremely small minority of all the representations received.

The directors of the club have taken all the comments on board. Our final decision on the issue will be taken based on the views of supporters and the Supporters Trust combined with what we think is best for our club from a business perspective and for Scottish football in general.

This is an extremely busy period, otherwise I would have taken time to reply to all of our fans who have taken the trouble to contact me. Their views will not be arbitrarily dismissed.

Meanwhile, as events continue to unfold, the board will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis.

Thanks for your input, Kenny Cameron

PLEASING

So Rangers bring 9/10000 to Killie every game.

I'm afraid I'm heading into the Killie are a bunch of H** loving b*****ds camp the way things are going.

thats old news

"hullo hullo"

As far as I understand it, football is governed by the various national FAs.

They are on record as saying they will not allow "cross-border teams".

Some already exist due to historical events.

It is possible that all this could be challenged in the national or European courts, à la Bosman.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that this would be totally unthinkable. Chaos would reign.

Cowdenbeath would want to play in Spain (no particular reason) , I could watch the Jags in France maybe.

It will not and cannot happen................................... ....<_<

The end of your message wont happen ever unless they bought out a club in that country.and then tried to relocate there :P

This scenario is different,we keep tring to remind them that Rangers does not exist,and that they are no longer part of the Scottish League set up,hence they are to apply to get in.So buying a English club,and renaming them,then relocating them is not a cross border transfer.The club existed already,has only had it's name changed,and now plays in Scotland.

Same way we wont have a leg to stand on if they just buy another Scottish one,the club already existed,and has a membership.So no one has any right to say that they can't play out of Ibrox if that is the best option for the club.

As i said,it's morally wrong,but it is plausible.

what did rangers leech think was going to happen when he said scottish football would die without them

then try to leave

firstly he has insulted 11 other businessmen saying they cant sufficiently run their company without a rival competitor

& secondly when you try and leave it shows you dont care whether the game dies if you are correct

no wonder so many are speaking out today

Just to put the inertia and complete ineffectiveness of the Rangers loyal supporters, who since mid February have managed to achieve the square root of sod all, here is something about FC United.

FC United fans celebrate after hitting £1.6M Community Shares target

Supporters of fan-owned, co-operative football club FC United of Manchester are celebrating today after raising over £1.6m from a community share issue to help fund a new football ground and community sports facility in Moston, north Manchester. Reaching the £1.6m target will help the club unlock the grant funding they need to meet the costs of the £4.6m project and enable building to start on the Moston site in the spring.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/communityshares

The Glazers created this reaction, which is moving continually in positive directions. Why on earth have Rangers been incapable of doing something similar as a reaction to Murray, Whyte and Green?

Can the Killie fans not tell this numpty to shut his fcuking gub.

We have many times. I was actually starting to be converted to the pro-Johnston camp before this escapade, where he has made a complete muppet of himself.

We can't have a good kick at Rangers, they're in limbo before liquidation they wouldn't feel a thing, we can have a kick at their illegitimate offspring as they think that inheriting the name automatically inherits their criminal ancestor's fraudulently gained place at the top of Scottish football.

This could work, relegate the old club, reinstate Dunfermline then expel the old club for their disrepute charge.

I'd rather like to think that all clubs would settle for what they have been awarded and let the prize money go to the creditors who lost out due to Rangers getting caught cheating.

Sevco are a new company who, if they wish to start a football team should go through the proper application process to whichever league they think will have them. No charges for the EBTs should be faced by Sevco as they are nothing to do with Rangers FC.

Absolutely agree - brand new company, brand new club, nosanctions required whatsoever

Is this a concerted "pincer movement" by the clubs today ?

I'm kind of tingly all over.

Certainly seems that way doesn't it? It's like they've waited for the 21 days of appeal to pass and now they're moving in.

Kenny Cameron's letter looked more of a YES to me to be honest. He'll be looking to punish newco of course and get as much benefit for ICT as he can, but he can claim sanctions were the punishment his fans craved!

ps - Dundee United fan's forums and social media has pretty much broken into civil war between the fans holding out on season tickets and the 'true supporters'. The sooner Stephen Thompson comes out and says NO, the better for everyone!

The Glazers created this reaction, which is moving continually in positive directions. Why on earth have Rangers been incapable of doing something similar as a reaction to Murray, Whyte and Green?

Because, (not so) deep down, hating is the priority not supporting. Slightly behind this is the "too big to fail" arrogance. And the 'activist' part of the fan base appears to be split to f**k. All negative vibes ;)

Edited by The Old Northerner