Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just to put the inertia and complete ineffectiveness of the Rangers loyal supporters, who since mid February have managed to achieve the square root of sod all, here is something about FC United.

FC United fans celebrate after hitting £1.6M Community Shares target

Supporters of fan-owned, co-operative football club FC United of Manchester are celebrating today after raising over £1.6m from a community share issue to help fund a new football ground and community sports facility in Moston, north Manchester. Reaching the £1.6m target will help the club unlock the grant funding they need to meet the costs of the £4.6m project and enable building to start on the Moston site in the spring.

http://www.fc-utd.co...communityshares

The Glazers created this reaction, which is moving continually in positive directions. Why on earth have Rangers been incapable of doing something similar as a reaction to Murray, Whyte and Green?

That looks like a cracking development from a relatively small fanbase. Could it be that the Rangers fans, while spouting a load of wind and pash, don't actually really care? The money generating power of rangers fanbase should be huge.

That is great news.

Vlad Statement :-

Mr Romanov, who has been consistent in his views since investing in Scottish football in 2005, said:

"The opinion of Heart of Midlothian FC in regards to the current situation of Scottish football is clear and robust.

"The football mafia represented by former owners of Rangers FC and Rupert Murdoch's media are to blame for some of the worst problems to hit Scottish football and must not be allowed back in under any circumstances.

"As regards the club itself, we can only express our deepest condolences to its supporters, who have been lied to for so many years.

"It had to happen sooner or later. Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.

"All of this brought hollow victories and destroyed football. We can also mention the attempts to eliminate Hearts with the help of the tax petitions, through false accusations and threats to revoke the club license. There is a saying about digging a grave for someone: you get it for yourself …

"Without these people football will become cleaner and stronger. Without Murdoch the whole of society will improve, in particular sport and culture.

"Supporters deserve a new beginning and have to accept the fact that their club has to start from the lower league, keeping order in the SPL and without creating unfair competition with other clubs.

"As regards the pitiful state of Scottish football finances, a lot of the blame should be placed at the doors of Murdoch's media. They pay huge sums to English clubs, whilst in Scotland, where football is better supported per capita than anywhere else in Europe and there are more cable or Sky subscribers per capita than in England, clubs receive peanuts for their broadcasting rights.

"At the very least this is discrimination and protectionism for the English football product, which at the same time stunts the development of the game in Scotland, that is regarded as the cradle of football.

"I feel that it is absolutely realistic to create a company that would bring to Scottish clubs at least the same broadcasting income, and even grow it by 50-100% over the next two to three years. This company should be in the hands of Scottish clubs and work with those who want to earn money the honest way, instead of conducting business the Murdoch way.

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself - and all for the benefit of a media aborigine." :blink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bit of a rant but saying what a lot of suits must be thinking.

(Just hope that there is no skeleton in the jambo closet with Campbell Ogilvie and EBT's.)

Vlad - you're the man

Still a bit mad, but you have completely changed my opinion of you - well done and well said, give that man an aubergine !

Great news about Vlad. As an occassionsl visitor to Tynecastle I'd like to think that the email I fired off the other day to Hearts was the straw that broke the camel's back. Also pleasing noises coming out of Motherwell and St Johnstone. The tide has turned against them and the media's campaign of we can't live without them is heading for the ditch.

PLEASING!

That looks like a cracking development from a relatively small fanbase. Could it be that the Rangers fans, while spouting a load of wind and pash, don't actually really care? The money generating power of rangers fanbase should be huge.

Of course it should, we all know the majority are thick, scummy,insecure b*****ds without a pot to pish in though.

We have many times. I was actually starting to be converted to the pro-Johnston camp before this escapade, where he has made a complete muppet of himself.

Killie are not 100% in the 'yes to sevco 5088' camp, Johnston keeping an 'open mind' according to this http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/21/kilmarnock-chief-michael-johnston-fears-club-will-lose-out-no-matter-what-happens-in-rangers-newco-vote-86908-23898687/ keep up the pressure, you're winning.

McBookie.com are offering Evens on Rangers *not* to be in SPL in next season. I honestly thought they would be 1/3 or something. Have just lumped £20 on at Evens (they wouldnt let me stake any more).

They are 8/11 to be in the SPL next season. Seems far too short to me, although maybe they know something we don't...

It's been a quid since the AGM in January I think, I let my membership lapse a couple of years ago but was chatting to them with regard to the newco vote and asked for membership forms for the family. There's no annual fees now either.

http://www.ictsuppor...upporters-trust

Cost me a tenner when I paid in January, but c'est la vie. The more people joining, hopefully the bigger the no vote if there is a ballot.

ETA: Love you Kenny :wub:

Edited by alimci

Well done Vlad!

Johnston is an utter muppet.

Just hope fans of other clubs don't tar us Killie supporters with the same brush. We have told this man many times but he doesn't listen. He is a one man board and a law unto himself.

Not in my name Johnston!!

It's a wee bit embarrassing to ask but when Ayr United become retrospective winners of the 2002 League Cup is there any chance we could borrow the trophy briefly? It will be well cared for and we don't mind paying a deposit for its safe return.

Yours respectfully

An honest man (sometimes).

I would hope all Motherwell fans keep an open mind until they have read the material the board provides.

I think that is an important point. If the club are doing the right thing by giving us a vote, it is important that people at least take time to understand the implications of voting either way. I am personally interested to see what kind of shortfall there will be in the opinion of our board and how realistic it would be for that to be mitigated by the support or if we are just going to have to live with severe cutbacks. I am also interested to see what people's personal "threshold" would be - or in other words, how much of a hit to MFC is "too much" for each individual.

Kenny Cameron's letter looked more of a YES to me to be honest. He'll be looking to punish newco of course and get as much benefit for ICT as he can, but he can claim sanctions were the punishment his fans craved!

tbh, I read it as a "mebbes aye, mebbes naw"

pleased the fans trust put our point over in such a clear way though. 'mon ICT.

For many years Hearts have been my second least favourite team after Them (due to 3years living and working in Edinburgh for a boss who as decisive decent leaders went made the Cockwomble look reasonable, and he was a massive tight-arse Jambo and my work was on Mcleod St).

After today and the statement of Vlad the Mad all is forgiven. Hearts you are just another Scottish team again to whom I hold no animosity - I only detest the Green Cheek & Them.

Thank U Vlad

Edited by MEADOWXI

I'm not a St Mirren season ticket holder due to the fact that I can't get along to enough games per season due to other commitments. However, if Stewart Gilmour was to come out with a statement on a par with Romanov's, then I'd be buying a season ticket right now. Well done Vlad!!!!

Totally agree with your assesment.of the situation

It looks as if the tide has now well and truly turned against Newco

Hopefully the SFL chairmen will take the same stance when required and close the door on them too