Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Another day, another stand-up guy:

127988-stephen-mckenna-the-rangers-bidder-who-played-for-celtic-in-charity-match.jpg

Stephen McKenna pictured in 2008.

Mr McKenna and Allan Stewart claim to have been "involved" in the takeover process at Rangers for the past three months.

The pair of property developers are directors of scaffolding firm Betaguard and were previously involved in Stewart and McKenna Ltd, which was wound up in 2010 by court-appointed liquidators over an unpaid tax bill.

http://news.stv.tv/s...lay-for-celtic/

Edited by Macshimmy

Rachel Lynch ‏@Rachel_LynchxNew info coming 2 light that the SPL may change the number of votes required to insure RFC return to top flight If true this is disgraceful

Excuse my ignorence but WTF is Rachel Lynch and is she related to Bet????

Rachel Lynch ‏@Rachel_LynchxNew info coming 2 light that the SPL may change the number of votes required to insure RFC return to top flight If true this is disgraceful

Not a chance.

And even if it was true, I'm not sure disgraceful would be quite a strong enough word to describe it.

.....and anyway how could RFC 'return' to top flight? Theyre gone, can people not get their heads round that?

McBookie.com are offering Evens on Rangers *not* to be in SPL in next season. I honestly thought they would be 1/3 or something. Have just lumped £20 on at Evens (they wouldnt let me stake any more).

They are 8/11 to be in the SPL next season. Seems far too short to me, although maybe they know something we don't...

Thanks for that, they accepted my £25.

Since this saga started, the one constant that has been on show, has been the obvious reluctance of anyone wanting to make a decision that could hurt "The Rangers".

The SPL have been shown to be the most spineless organisation that has ever been created. One of their members have been shown to have broken several laws, in both football and civil matters, over a long period of time. And yet, up until now, the only thing they-The SPL- have done, is to release a statement saying that they-Rangers-have a case to answer with regards to the EBT's.

The SFA can also be accused of dragging their feet. Given the fact that they will have been privy to the same information the SPL received, they have done their level best to avoid making any worthwhile decisions.

Now it looks like they are both trying to get the SFL involved, by mooting this farcical SPL2 plan. The outcome they are hoping for, is one where the Orcs believe that the SFL, and not the SPL and SFA, are to blame for sending the "Newco" down to the bottom of division 3.

If one thing is to come out of this whole fucking episode, then we must ensure that the people that are left in charge of our football, have the balls to make the tough decisions.

Good post, agree totally.

The other ones who have dragged their feet, unable to make any worthwhile decisions have been the Rangers fans themselves. Loads of noise and bluster but nothing relevant to the real world or the situation they are in, and have been for some time.

It is their childish attitude of 'come and save us' that is so totally pathetic.I know they don't do walking away, but do they do adults?

Edited by thelegendthatis

Accept the fact you'll be fortunate to be in Division 3 with a bunch of 18 year olds playing for your club and 700 fans, after the gloryhunters have disappeared, because nobody wants you.

Hearts, Hibernian, Dundee Utd, Motherwell (if fans get the vote), St Mirren (if fans get the vote) There's five you'd expect to vote no.

Cheeeeeeriiiiiiio!

0,,10289~3731101,00.jpg

_45201766_stephen_thompson_226b.jpg

282374_1.jpg

0,,10295~8684228,00.jpg

Motherwell_fans_1440674c.jpg

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

For many years Hearts have been my second least favourite team after Them (due to 3years living and working in Edinburgh for a boss who as decisive decent leaders went made the Cockwomble look reasonable, and he was a massive tight-arse Jambo and my work was on Mcleod St).

After today and the statement of Vlad the Mad all is forgiven. Hearts you are just another Scottish team again to whom I hold no animosity - I only detest the Green Cheek & Them.

Thank U Vlad

For those who still regard the the old firm as two cheeks of the same ar$e, doesn't it now seem a particularly lop-sided ar$e?

See, I think the outcome will be known well before the 4th so why would a chairman, say MJ of Killie, continue to stick by his guns and vote yes. Why alienate your fans? I think it will be 11-1 personally.

Cos he has the Kilwinning Loyal :ph34r: and the Irvine Defenders of the Faith on his doorstep. I would want to keep sweet with them. :o

Something someone else mentioned earlier about the Oldco getting season ticket renewal money.Well heres a link that just popped up about it.

Oldco taking season ticket money

What's a season ticket at Ibrox? £300? multiply by 30000= £9M, Green has paid between £0 and 5.5M for Ibrox and Murray Park?

I could have done that!

"Right ye are D&P heres the deal, I'll pay £5.5 million for the club but you'll have to wait until the season ticket cash comes in and you can give me whatever is left over."

Are season tickets becoming the new credit cards?

If the laughably named Bomber Brown is to front any new bid, he'll have to learn not to speak out the side of his mouth.

"I'm the manager of the fucking Clyde, so stick that on your website" is still one of the great press conference quotes though.

Bomber at his best

This is the guy who agreed to be manager of Dumbarton then quit the next day. Wouldn't rely on him.