Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Seems like newco media have something to smile about spouting stuff that Aberdeen is about to enter administration and having a ball with it ?.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=223428

I guess they aren't wrong....if Newco are allowed to play in the SPL, half the league will go into admin the next day! :lol:

I think Shellick fans should announce - NOW - a complete boycott of any club voting "yes" to newco.

That way they could end up boycotting themselves and the two big hooses would be empty.

Agree 100%

Celtic have as much, if not more, weight than Rangers at the moment. They could effectively swing it themselves..

Agree 100%

Celtic have as much, if not more, weight than Rangers at the moment. They could effectively swing it themselves..

I'm sure i read that there's going to be an announcement on sunday regarding this very point.

I think Shellick fans should announce - NOW - a complete boycott of any club voting "yes" to newco.

That way they could end up boycotting themselves and the two big hooses would be empty.

was speaking with a Celtic ST holder and he confirmed they will not visit any ground that votes yes, when i asked him if that would include celtic if they did vote yes he seemed to stammer and not reply

Has the SPL2 thing fell away completely?

TBH the suggestion to create such a set up to accommodate Sky is frankly offensive.

What happens if they don't finish 1st? Would they be promoted anyway?

They need to be made to apply for the 3rd along with other non league teams.

The major point in this whole mess is not ONE club in Scotland got Rangers into this mess they done this to themselves. To talk of boycotts etc is a joke. You only have yourselves to blame. No point blaming SDM, no Rangers fans complained when the trophies were piling in despite the tax avoidance and double contracts (allegedly). No one complained when Whyte took over and everyone on Follow Follow and Ranger Media lauded him and looked forward to more trophies. Even when it was obvious that Whyte was not paying NI/PAYE it was someone else's fault. When they went into administration it was the SFA/SPL fault when they went into Liquidation it was HMRC fault, nothing to do with not paying taxes. Now that they are scraping about looking for a way back its the diddys teams fault. Not once have anyone on the Rangers Board said sorry or it was their own fault.

I will not return to watch any Scottish Senior match if the newco are allowed entry into our leagues, why should we suffer their sectarian, hate-filled supporters? What have our small towns and clubs done to deserve being over-run by these bigots? SFL supporters follow their teams for different reasons than the, as was, old firm, I enjoy mixing with the opponents supporters in the pubs before and after a match and inside the ground during the game; little chance of that with one half of Scotland's shame visiting, segregation, increased police presence, enduring their sectarian songs and them championing loyalist terrorism is all we can look forward to. That said, I would definitely not want the newco allowed straight into the SPL so it looks like it's Junior Football for me.....

The major point in this whole mess is not ONE club in Scotland got Rangers into this mess they done this to themselves. To talk of boycotts etc is a joke. You only have yourselves to blame. No point blaming SDM, no Rangers fans complained when the trophies were piling in despite the tax avoidance and double contracts (allegedly). No one complained when Whyte took over and everyone on Follow Follow and Ranger Media lauded him and looked forward to more trophies. Even when it was obvious that Whyte was not paying NI/PAYE it was someone else's fault. When they went into administration it was the SFA/SPL fault when they went into Liquidation it was HMRC fault, nothing to do with not paying taxes. Now that they are scraping about looking for a way back its the diddys teams fault. Not once have anyone on the Rangers Board said sorry or it was their own fault.

WELL WELL ! put my man and exactly my thoughts on the matter.

I would have thought that one of the clubs would have used the upcoming vote as a publicity stunt.

Why doesn't one of the clubs tell the fans that they can decide. All season ticket holders for the coming season

can vote on whether to allow newco into the SPL and that will be the decision of the club.

Gets the chairman off the hook and should start shifting some season tickets.

Bad form to comment on your own post, but I've had a bit more of a think on my thought.

The vote on new rangers would have to get pushed back a week to allow for end of month pay day, votes close on the 8th July.

Simple, YES, NO, Dithering b*****d Abstention vote when a ST is bought (ST already bought can get in contact with their vote)

Only new and renewed season ticket holders can vote (so not just any Tom, Dick and Hvn).

Never mind advertising the local rags and the national press would cover it.

If i was cynical of the Scottish press rolleyes.gif I would get them to print the votes so far, (unnamed source from the club) a week before the end.

YES 47%

NO 43%

ABSTENTION 10%

Attendances have declined in recent years and some are waiting to buy until the rangers situation is clear. If the chairmen don't sniff an opportunity with the national press so focused on the SPL, then that is their loss.

folk wondering if SKY would walk away from Scottish football, they pay something around £16-20M a season for the rights to broadcast our game, whilst over the border that is what they pay for approx 4-5 EPL games

Over the border, the EPL Sky deal works out at 6M per game.

I will not return to watch any Scottish Senior match if the newco are allowed entry into our leagues, why should we suffer their sectarian, hate-filled supporters? What have our small towns and clubs done to deserve being over-run by these bigots? SFL supporters follow their teams for different reasons than the, as was, old firm, I enjoy mixing with the opponents supporters in the pubs before and after a match and inside the ground during the game; little chance of that with one half of Scotland's shame visiting, segregation, increased police presence, enduring their sectarian songs and them championing loyalist terrorism is all we can look forward to. That said, I would definitely not want the newco allowed straight into the SPL so it looks like it's Junior Football for me.....

You do realise that we've had to put up with them for years and years and years?

Brilliant statement from Vlad. He has been very quiet since this whole thing started off but he stuck the boot in right where it hurts. If this doesn't get the others onside and give us a 11-1 vote then I don't know what will. :D:D:D:D:D

I hope the polis have them, the guy is only offering his perspective just because it differs from theirs is no excuse for idol threats.

Guys like Spence, Cosgrove and Cowan are the only guys who seem to understand what the majority of the diddy teams supporters feel.

I wonder what furore if someone threatened Traynor or Chic for their continued succulent lamb stuff.

Your spelling mistake is bang on !

One things for sure, he's no Billy Idol. :lol:

Edited by kiddy

1-1 (2-1 the "no's" if we include Well) in todays declared votes going by the following:-

Michael Johnston heartened by Killie season ticket sales

By John Barnes

BBC Scotland Chairman Michael Johnston is encouraged by a five per cent rise in season ticket sales at Kilmarnock compared to the same period last year.

But he warns that the club will need an extra 1,000 fans at home games should a 'newco' Rangers not be admitted to the Scottish Premier League.

And he admits that forward planning has been hindered by the uncertainty.

"The next few weeks are critical in terms of preparing the playing squad for the new season," said Johnston.

The 12 SPL sides will meet on 4 July to decide whether a new Rangers should be granted entry to the top flight.

And Johnston is concerned by the potential loss of revenue should that vote go against the Ibrox club.

Pre-season training for Killie begins on 25 June and some out-of-contract squad members have yet to be offered new deals.

Manager Kenny Shiels would also like to recruit some of the signing targets he has identified.

"The uncertainty over Rangers' participation in the SPL and the potential consequences of that for the level of gate receipts and TV revenues received via the SPL has meant that we have not been able to press ahead with our plans," explained Johnston.

"For that reason, the news on season ticket sales offers encouragement and, hopefully, we'll be able to continue to report positive news as we proceed through the renewal process.

"It's a sobering thought, however, that we'd need around 1,000 additional adult season ticket sales to make up for the loss of two home fixtures against Rangers next season - but if that becomes a necessity, then that's what we'll aim to do.

"So, we're looking for the wider issues to be resolved quickly, which will allow us and the rest of the SPL clubs to finalise budgets and pre-season plans and get back to playing football.

"Now, perhaps more than ever before, we need our true supporters to back the club - regardless of who "Club 12" turns out to be."

The soon-to-be liquidated Rangers were replaced by a Club 12 on the SPL's fixtures list, with Kilmarnock hosting them on day one of the new term .

1. There'll be a drop in attendances if they ARE there through his actions - Killie will lose my £400 or so for the tickets/merch/pies & programmes, and I know I'm not alone

2. I will be quite happy to buy an adult/child season if MY club does the right thing - even though I'll be lucky to make more than half a dozen games. Not MJ's, you'll note. We may not have the status enjoyed by 'Well or St Mirren (hopefully), but EVERY club survives or dies with its support. I was there long before Johnston, and god willing I'll still be around when he's gone.

folk wondering if SKY would walk away from Scottish football, they pay something around £16-20M a season for the rights to broadcast our game, whilst over the border that is what they pay for approx 4-5 EPL games

Speaking demographically as a nation,we Scots represent a 10th in population of the UK.

Our current SKY deal is not even a 10th of what the EPL get ! now some would say but they are a better league ! so fcuk ! but I would argue we fcuking pay money from sports packages and subsidize that monstrous league to rob us of our best and brightest talent.Money that should be rightfully be put back into our league to enhance our game to provide a better product,money we could be paying our youngsters to stay in our league and not go south bribed by money we have paid SKY ? it's like paying someone to rob your house FFS ?.

The SFA would be better imposing a transfer embargo on our players transferring to the English leagues,thus ensuring our league would gradually get better by retaining our players and better European cup runs would follow as the quality of player in Scotland would increase.

NO TO ENGLAND as well.