Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Bury have said they have had no contact this far from Rangers. Obviously the whole thing is ludicrous, no need to explain.:lol:

The claims were given short shrift by Bury this morning.

"Whilst investment into Bury Football Club is always welcome, any offer of investment will only be viewed at taking the club forward in its only one guise possible – based in the town of Bury, and as Bury Football Club,” said the club’s board in a statement.

"Bury is a proud historical club and, as such, proudly represents the town, community, people and, above all, supporters of Bury.

"The directors of Bury place the integrity and morality of the club, and football as a whole, way above and beyond any possible financial gain and, as such, wish to reassure all Shakers fans of this fact."

Even were it not for the opposition of Bury themselves, there could be a number of regulatory impediments to a deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9346342/Rangers-proposed-purchase-of-Bury-roundly-rejected-by-the-League-One-club.html

In true X factor style, its a no from Bury biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ludicrous, this word should now have the example, Rangers to buy Bury.smile.gif

Do you think this would stand up if tested, is there any reason why a team should be restricted to a specific area?

If this was ever tried through the courts it could be bigger than Bosman.

Well I look forward to visiting Tromso or Reykjavik for SPL matches, cracking places so I'm told, beer might be a bit on the pricy side though.;)

Do you think this would stand up if tested, is there any reason why a team should be restricted to a specific area?

I think in this day and age of political correctness that they would have a great case to play up here if they were to buy Bury...has been rubbished now though by their Chairman,who basically said not in his lifetime.Also green denied it ever being more than a media started rumour.

239x294px-LL-5cb9a091_ebb22674_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

Edited by God of War

No one makes you subscribe to Sky. You can cancel it you know. You could also tell your own hideous club to stop stealing talent from the likes of Hibs and Dundee United so we have a more competitive league. I'm sure you'll be all for that.

Care to name some players Celtic have "stolen" from these clubs? :rolleyes:

Chairman Michael Johnston

"It's a sobering thought, however, that we'd need around 1,000 additional adult season ticket sales to make up for the loss of two home fixtures against Rangers next season - but if that becomes a necessity, then that's what we'll aim to do''

Shouldn't any responsible club be trying every season to maximise their season ticket sales? Why wait until it becomes a necessity before pulling the finger out?

“They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself – and all for the benefit of a media aborigine.”

Just ran Romanovs statement by a Russian guy I work with. He says the aborigine comes from directly translating from Russian and he means the media are primitive and uneducated.

Just thought I'd clear that up, he isn't really that mental, just lost in translation.

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself – and all for the benefit of a media aborigine."

Just ran Romanovs statement by a Russian guy I work with. He says the aborigine comes from directly translating from Russian and he means the media are primitive and uneducated.

Just thought I'd clear that up, he isn't really that mental, just lost in translation.

Aye that makes a bit more sense. Not that 'aborigine' didn't.

He's still a radge though.

I am all for going back to the 1980s and footballers earning £60 a week!!

1982/83 Dundee United won the League and made the European Cup semi finals. In 1986/87, they reached the final of the UEFA Cup.Along the way defeating Terry Venebles Barcelona home and away (they remain the only British side ever to achieve this). Although they failed to beat IFK Gothenburg in the two-legged final, there was glory in defeat

1983/84 Aberdeen won their third Scottish League championship, won the Scottish Cup for the third successive year and reached the semi-finals of both the League Cup and the European Cup Winners' Cup.

Scottish football was at its best before Sky , before crooks like Murray and Whyte , when we had competition between the Old Firm , the New Firm and the Small Firm . Thats why I am happy to the Old Firm go to the wall. The money might disapear but the young Scots will get played and maybe Scotland might actually qualify for a tournament!!

Why should my team St.Johnstone balance the books for the last 25 years and Rangers run up £100 million+ in debts which so far have been written off with nothing more than a ( pointless! ) 10 points fine deduction and a £160,000 fine ( which they have not even paid ).

As Jim McLean always says, give players a very low basic with a high bonus structure. So, say £400 a week for a club like United but every win brings in another £1,000.

Care to name some players Celtic have "stolen" from these clubs? :rolleyes:

'Stolen' as in let them develop them and used their financial advantage to buy them or offer them better contracts. Not literally breaking into Easter Road and making off with Scott Brown. But then you knew that I'm sure.

Just rank hypocrisy for a Celtic fan complaining about the SPL losing talent to the EPL because of financial superiority which weakens our league. Replace the EPL with Celtic in that sentence and I'm sure the outrage wouldn't be quite as much

Dundee United making a statement at 9

Jim Spence@bbcjimspenceDundee Utd will issue a statement on their position on a Newco in the SPL at 9pm

What I want is an unequivocal no. What I would really like would be him to try to out-Vlad Vlad. :lol:

http://www.telegraph...e-One-club. html

In true X factor style, its a no from Bury biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ludicrous, this word should now have the example, Rangers to buy Bury.smile.gif

No to what?.

Rangers haven't approached them with any offer, due to the fact they have nothing to offer. Bury are only replying in the hypothetical tense.

I posted some comments from Bury chairman Brian Fenton a couple of pages back, at the time that was posted the article was 3hrs old, I take it you didn't read it?.

What I want is an unequivocal no. What I would really like would be him to try to out-Vlad Vlad. :lol:

Nobody, nowhere, nohow, however hard they tried to, could possibly out-Vlad Vlad!!

Edited by ArabFC