Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You touch upon an interesting topic. I read a couple of weeks ago that the BBC have forked out £150 million for the EPL Match of the Day broadcasting rights. Given that the BBC is the NATIONAL broadcaster and that we pay the same Licence Fee as our English neighbours, my argument would be that they should pay the SPL, pro rata, the same amount.

Or, looking at it the other way - as a publicly funded body they shouldn't pay more for SPL rights than they're worth. If someone wants to bid more than they can, but I doubt anyone would.

"Fourteen years ago our football administration brought forth, in this country, a new Premier League, conceived in greed and dedicated to the proposition that two clubs should reign over all others. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that League, or any League so conceived, and so dedicated, should long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war.

We have come to bury the inequality and corruption, as a final resting-place for the club who here systematically cheated and lied and bullied, that our other clubs might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But, in a larger sense, we cannot erase, we cannot eradicate this one club without examination of the people and the structures who helped maintain that hegemony. The diddy clubs, living and dead, who struggle here, deserve so much more from the incompetent and corrupt administrators and journalists, those who pretend to act in the best interests of all, without fear or favour, but so rarely do.

The world will little note, nor long remember what happened here in this small country. It is for us, the internet bampots, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which the RTC Blogger and Mark Daly have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these bigotted songs, EBT’s, tax scams and illegally registered players, we take increased devotion to that cause which ensured their vile club ceased to exist—that we here highly resolve that RFC cheated in vain—that this nation’s Football Association shall have a new birth of freedom and that the Beautiful Game of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from Scotland."

Disgusting to hear of them wanting to buy Bury. They're like an STD that we've almost got rid of but that's now trying to spread itself when on it's last legs.

This is still only rumours nobody has confirmed or denied it, reckon either someone is losing the plot or there's an evil genius at work, latest one that's doing the rounds is immanent administration for Aberdeen, who's feeding the Rangers fans this?.:lol:

Feel sorry for Bury FC and their supporters though, getting this kind of crap put on them, but nothing will happen to them and all it does is ensure that the name of Rangers FC is continued to be loathed across the border as well as up here. Seriously do you think Rangers would be welcomed with open arms after what happened in Manchester a few years ago?.:D

Caley fans to have their say

Motherwell board to allow 'Well Society to vote on 'newco' Rangers

Aberdeen listen to support and insist club will vote for Rangers newco to be demoted to Division Three

Etc, etc, etc.

I think we as fans should all be very proud of how we've reacted to this story - insistent, yet also positive, knowledgeable and dignified. Let's just compare that to our new SPL auditionee friends:

We've went from being told a few months ago that the various fans votes would be ignored, to fans representatives now being invited to actively help make the decision. All the while, turning the tide heavily against (The) Rangers and their sycophantic media, who have told us repetitively that we wouldn't have the balls or resources to manage a league where integrity is prioritised above all else.

If this club does die, it will prove that a business model based on pandering to idiots and bigots is unsustainable in the long term. Who knows what exactly will happen on July 4th, but either way P&B and Scottish football, take a boo son, take a boo.

Sadly your totally wrong, the bigotry made them money and they were dominant, whats killed them is being bad boys and not paying tax on the money they made exploiting bigotry.

Me no know neither.

So Grannies and Grandas in ignorance of modern technological terms sensation.

It means a popular word posted or search term used on social media platforms, and search engines such as Twitter or Google.

Hth.

eg. Kanye West gets his balls out at the Grammy awards, 20,000 people post some variation on twitter of "OMG kanye just got his balls out", the words Kanye and Balls jump up in popularity and become trending terms.

Edited by Broccoli Dog

This is still only rumours nobody has confirmed or denied it, reckon either someone is losing the plot or there's an evil genius at work, latest one that's doing the rounds is immanent administration for Aberdeen, who's feeding the Rangers fans this?.:lol:

Feel sorry for Bury FC and their supporters though, getting this kind of crap put on them, but nothing will happen to them and all it does is ensure that the name of Rangers FC is continued to be loathed across the border as well as up here. Seriously do you think Rangers would be welcomed with open arms after what happened in Manchester a few years ago?.:D

Bury have already said no.

that and the league rules say that any movement of a team must be able to show a tie to the place.

Bury is not Glasgow.

I give more credibility to twitter rumours than this.

:rolleyes:

post-35247-0-59251700-1340305517_thumb.p

@buffsbluff

:lol: have a read of that twitter time line

Buffsbluff Bit out of touch here, has that piece of BBC shit Jim Spence explained his discrimination against Rangers yet?
Buffsbluff

@art_vandelayRFC Well he did proclaim on air that he's a "good catholic boy from Dundee". That must be why.

Edited by Enrico Annoni

That headline really pisses me off. "Demoted"? Demoted from where, exactly?

I know it's a small thing, but it really gets on my tits.

To be fair, even if it isn't strictly accurate it's the only concise way to make the point. "forced to reapply from scratch" would be edited out of even a broadsheet headline.

Obviously it remains the Internet's duty to ensure that the actual state of affairs (reapplying from nothing, as opposed to the oldco merely being moved around) continues to be pointed out.

:rolleyes:

post-35247-0-59251700-1340305517_thumb.p

@buffsbluff

:lol: have a read of that twitter time line

I actually noticed him earlier. Tears and snotters are over for this uber-bear. Now he wants action. Pathetic. Mired in denial that his club is dead. Years of cheated glory flashing before his oddly proportioned eyes.

I am all for going back to the 1980s and footballers earning £60 a week!!

1982/83 Dundee United won the League and made the European Cup semi finals. In 1986/87, they reached the final of the UEFA Cup.Along the way defeating Terry Venebles Barcelona home and away (they remain the only British side ever to achieve this). Although they failed to beat IFK Gothenburg in the two-legged final, there was glory in defeat

1983/84 Aberdeen won their third Scottish League championship, won the Scottish Cup for the third successive year and reached the semi-finals of both the League Cup and the European Cup Winners' Cup.

Scottish football was at its best before Sky , before crooks like Murray and Whyte , when we had competition between the Old Firm , the New Firm and the Small Firm . Thats why I am happy to the Old Firm go to the wall. The money might disapear but the young Scots will get played and maybe Scotland might actually qualify for a tournament!!

Why should my team St.Johnstone balance the books for the last 25 years and Rangers run up £100 million+ in debts which so far have been written off with nothing more than a ( pointless! ) 10 points fine deduction and a £160,000 fine ( which they have not even paid ).

Edited by BELFASTSAINTEE

that and the league rules say that any movement of a team must be able to show a tie to the place.

Bury is not Glasgow.

Do you think this would stand up if tested, is there any reason why a team should be restricted to a specific area?

If this was ever tried through the courts it could be bigger than Bosman.

been reading loads of fan sites lately but this stuck in my mind . aparently the rates( or whatever theyre called ) for ibrox are a boot in the arse off 2m a season..the average season ticket price for the 3rd division is around £140 or £12 at the gate.. wonder how many of ra peepil it will need just to cover that alone.. can they even survive that league even with a 20k avereage crowd ???

Bury is not Glasgow.

Bury have said they have had no contact this far from Rangers. Obviously the whole thing is ludicrous, no need to explain.:lol:

Do you think this would stand up if tested, is there any reason why a team should be restricted to a specific area?

If this was ever tried through the courts it could be bigger than Bosman.

What a lot of shite.