Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

At the same time, it's odd that Murdock's lot have been somewhat standoffish compared to the Mirror Group and the vast majority of those in-crowders emplyed by the BBC. But a significant factor in Murdock's success, as with any populist, is knowing which way the wind is blowing. One little-discussed effect of all the current mayhem is that it may result in the non-Murdock hacks getting kicked out of what has for decades been an entrenched position of power. Imagine what will happen if the league fails to implode (and indeed flourishes) but the Record remains steadfastly behind the old powers.

The A Team have a problem with the Mirror goup? I pity those fools.

Speaking demographically as a nation,we Scots represent a 10th in population of the UK.

Our current SKY deal is not even a 10th of what the EPL get ! now some would say but they are a better league ! so fcuk ! but I would argue we fcuking pay money from sports packages and subsidize that monstrous league to rob us of our best and brightest talent.Money that should be rightfully be put back into our league to enhance our game to provide a better product,money we could be paying our youngsters to stay in our league and not go south bribed by money we have paid SKY ? it's like paying someone to rob your house FFS ?.

The SFA would be better imposing a transfer embargo on our players transferring to the English leagues,thus ensuring our league would gradually get better by retaining our players and better European cup runs would follow as the quality of player in Scotland would increase.

NO TO ENGLAND as well.

Have you been drinking :lol:

Speaking demographically as a nation,we Scots represent a 10th in population of the UK.

Our current SKY deal is not even a 10th of what the EPL get ! now some would say but they are a better league ! so fcuk ! but I would argue we fcuking pay money from sports packages and subsidize that monstrous league to rob us of our best and brightest talent.Money that should be rightfully be put back into our league to enhance our game to provide a better product,money we could be paying our youngsters to stay in our league and not go south bribed by money we have paid SKY ? it's like paying someone to rob your house FFS ?.

The SFA would be better imposing a transfer embargo on our players transferring to the English leagues,thus ensuring our league would gradually get better by retaining our players and better European cup runs would follow as the quality of player in Scotland would increase.

NO TO ENGLAND as well.

No one makes you subscribe to Sky. You can cancel it you know. You could also tell your own hideous club to stop stealing talent from the likes of Hibs and Dundee United so we have a more competitive league. I'm sure you'll be all for that.

NO TO ENGLAND as well.

You touch upon an interesting topic. I read a couple of weeks ago that the BBC have forked out £150 million for the EPL Match of the Day broadcasting rights. Given that the BBC is the NATIONAL broadcaster and that we pay the same Licence Fee as our English neighbours, my argument would be that they should pay the SPL, pro rata, the same amount.

NO TO ENGLAND as well.

Yes, cos that's legal isn't it, stick to posting short sentences laughing at rangers and leave the thinking to those with more braincells than toes.

You touch upon an interesting topic. I read a couple of weeks ago that the BBC have forked out £150 million for the EPL Match of the Day broadcasting rights. Given that the BBC is the NATIONAL broadcaster and that we pay the same Licence Fee as our English neighbours, my argument would be that they should pay the SPL, pro rata, the same amount.

Scottish people tune in to watch EPL games, i imagine very few English people turn over to watch our league.

1. There'll be a drop in attendances if they ARE there through his actions - Killie will lose my £400 or so for the tickets/merch/pies & programmes, and I know I'm not alone

2. I will be quite happy to buy an adult/child season if MY club does the right thing - even though I'll be lucky to make more than half a dozen games. Not MJ's, you'll note. We may not have the status enjoyed by 'Well or St Mirren (hopefully), but EVERY club survives or dies with its support. I was there long before Johnston, and god willing I'll still be around when he's gone.

Would it not be easier for MJ to say that, all it would cost Killie, would be to reduce his squad size by 4 players & that he'd be voting No.

I think most clubs fans would say 'No problems, when the vote goes through, you're getting my ST money'.

I'd go so far as to suggest he'd even increase sales even further, as well as his clubs chances of adding further silverware.

Edited by kiddy

Scottish people tune in to watch EPL games, i imagine very few English people turn over to watch our league.

I was speaking from a point of principle, not viewing numbers.

Edit :- That f*cking avatar of yours is driving me to distraction........

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

That looks like a cracking development from a relatively small fanbase. Could it be that the Rangers fans, while spouting a load of wind and pash, don't actually really care? The money generating power of rangers fanbase should be huge.

DeadRangers/ZombieRangers fans want success brought to them on a plate. The thought of actually having to do something other than to raise a pint to their team fills them with revulsion. Or confusion.

Would it not be easier for MJ to say that, all it would cost Killie, would be to reduce his squad size by 4 players & that he'd be voting No.

You're forgetting that it is the stated policy of Kilmarnock FC to allocate 3/4 of Rugby Park to Rangers and Celtic these days. What with those seats never being otherwise filled, that's quite a significant additional gain, even ignoring that Sky inevitably shows these guaranteed 4+goal whitewashes stunners.

I was speaking from a point of principle, not viewing numbers.

Edit :- That f*cking avatar of yours is driving me to distraction........

In principle yes, totally agree, but SKY are in it to make money, and the SPL seem totally unable to bargain, they take what they are thrown.

Dont zoom into it full screen then :)

Have you been drinking :lol:

NOT YET but there's still time.:D

I feel strongly about losing our players to England weakening our leagues.

Think about it ! if we got a fair share of SKY money as a proportion to what England gets,we could keep our best players and even bring in some quality from outside the UK.After all we deserve it and the less money SKY pay us the more our best players feck off ? it's like the gers scenario with all the diddy teams complaining the gers just offer some money and you lose your key and best players.

Caley fans to have their say

Motherwell board to allow 'Well Society to vote on 'newco' Rangers

Aberdeen listen to support and insist club will vote for Rangers newco to be demoted to Division Three

Etc, etc, etc.

I think we as fans should all be very proud of how we've reacted to this story - insistent, yet also positive, knowledgeable and dignified. Let's just compare that to our new SPL auditionee friends:

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence

To those The Rangers fans continuing to threaten me via twitter I really don't do walking away so forget it

We've went from being told a few months ago that the various fans votes would be ignored, to fans representatives now being invited to actively help make the decision. All the while, turning the tide heavily against (The) Rangers and their sycophantic media, who have told us repetitively that we wouldn't have the balls or resources to manage a league where integrity is prioritised above all else.

If this club does die, it will prove that a business model based on pandering to idiots and bigots is unsustainable in the long term. Who knows what exactly will happen on July 4th, but either way P&B and Scottish football, take a boo son, take a boo.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher