Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Good stuff, United: the in fighting between our fans can now cease! tongue.gif

It can stop. I just hope that the 'true supporters' realise that this statement would never have been made if it wasn't for the fans who made a stand!

Rangers don't exist, they can't drop a division as they no longer exist. NewCo on the other hand, should they fail to gain entry into the SPL should be forced to start at the bottom of the SFL. If they gain entry. Won't renew my season ticket myself until I know what my clubs stance is and whether we'd have a say in the matter or rejecting Rangers.

I think they only way for them to come into the 1st division is for the SPL2 abomination to be created,

What are the requirements to be voted into the league?

Spartans surely have a better bid than Sevco,

Just a quick question for those of other SPL clubs outwith Killie, will you avoid going to Rugby Park given their arsekissing nature towards Rangers?

like beating them home and away?

you want an areskissing club look at Motherwell always lying down to them

Just a quick question for those of other SPL clubs outwith Killie, will you avoid going to Rugby Park given their arsekissing nature towards Rangers?

me being and arab no because it was not a fan choice it was the chairman who tbh is a cock smuggler

Not a Dundee U fan but will go see if i can go online and buy something from their clubshop. The clubs coming out and saying the right things today restores some belief.

Take that ya Cheats and take that Cockwomble - Sporting Integrity before money

Great shout - Hearts tea bags and a Dundee United mug coming right up.

Nope

I think Killie fans have more than made their feelings clear about the matter and MJ

It's funny to watch the ups and downs of this thread. It usually swings from hilarity, to despair, to resignation, to indignation, to hopelessness, to joy...

At the moment, I smell anger.

This is the end game. We are coming close to the vote.

I am increasing pissed of by the actions and rhetoric of all those associated and involved with any aspect of Rangers, be they old or new co. It's as simple as that. This shit is fucking annoying and needs to stop. These b*****ds need to be ENDED.

I am sure many feel like this. They are ruining the game for everyone else. Just step aside and accept the inevitable.

This whole debacle actually offends me and makes me feel embarassed.

These bigoted, glory hunting, self privelaged orcs are ripping the utter pish out of Scottish football.

I'm fed up now.

BURY THEM.

Edited by kildog

All it says is that a transfer of share outwith promotion/relegation requires a general meeting, but there is no mention of transferring shares under ordinary resolution votes, so it requires a rule change.

There is specific exception made (under ordinary resolution votes) that votes on changes to authorised share issues requires a qualified resolution vote (90%).

Having read the Articles (and they're as full of holes as Rab Nesbitt's simmet) I'd say that Article 11 states that transfer can go ahead with approval of members (taken to be 66%).

There is mention in Article 14 where a Qualified Resolution (90%) is required to ask an administrator (or member) to hand over the share, but I'm taking that to mean it would only be used if the member was deliberately withholding a share.

If Article 11 wasn't deemed to be the correct vehicle for this transfer then certainly it would require a 90% vote (Article 2c)

Bedtime Reading

An excellent few hours. Well done United and well done the fans who held back on the season tickets. Must admit I had Hearts and United, along with Aberdeen and ourselves, as cast iron Yes votes.

That's two down. As suggested earlier, hopefully the others will see the way the tides going and follow suit.

I am beginning to now worry about the rumours of the 1st Division, it has to be 3rd or nothing.

Great stuff United. We are now seeing real leadership from the clubs who understand they represent their supporters. And then there is Kilmarnock.

And as for '3rd or nothing' I vote for nothing. :angry:

Probably been mentioned before, but are we as fans contacting ALL SPL clubs?

I read Stephen Thompson at DU saying that he has received emails from fans of ALL clubs, surely that's a great way for us to go?

When he gets to work tomorrow, Mr T will have at least one congratulatory email from one non DUFC fan.....me!

There's a sea change in Scottish football right now......and every single one of us should be proud of our efforts tonight.

thank-you Dundee United

I was fortunate enough to have got a ticket for the Gothenburg UEFA final, and when you talk about integrity and sporting behaviour, the Dundee Utd fans were absolutely magnificent at the end of the match, showing the best sporting applause I have ever witnessed towards a team who had defeated them - I felt so proud to have been Scottish that night.

I am now so proud of the decision that Dundee Utd have taken this evening which will win them new friends up and down the country.

THANK-YOU DUNDEE UNITED

Check out all the secret United fans coming out of the woodwork :P

I've always been proud of being a United fan, from winning the inaugural FIFA Fair Play Award that night versus Gothenburg, through following my team throughout Europe - it was always delightful to see the surprise on foreigners faces at just how nice we were - they always expected British hooligan fans.

I took a couple of English fans to watch United v Barcelona in a friendly at Tannadice a few years back. We took the lead, but then they brought Messi on and he destroyed us. The English fans couldn't understand why all the United fans were standing up and applauding when Messi scored - you can't be partisan with football like that!!

Proud To Be An Arab (P2BAA) is a catchphrase of ours, but we deserve to use it tonight!