Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Keith Jackson on twitter apparently saying the Newco could go in administration

I know two players personally (one at Celtic, the other ex 'Rangers') and both treat KJ like a piece of shite. They tell me hes a twat who they can use when they want a story published, but yet drop like a stone when they no longer need him.

I've personally witnessed one of them, after ignoring three or four of his calls, pick up the phone and say "Keith, go and take a f**k to yourself, I'm fuckin busy".

Another OF sycophant who wouldnae know the meaning of journalism if it came up and smashed a fist into his permatanned mug.

Re: the guy on BBC Shortbread. David Roberts (@thesportslawguy)

Directors of SPL clubs could be in breach of thier statutory duties by voting #Rangers Newco out of the SPL.

I don't understand this quote at all.

How can it be written in their statutory duties something that seemed so implausible a while back.

I mean does it actually say you can't vote the rangers newco out?!

Given they only just put steps in place for the predicament at rangers to never happen again how can this guy state that they are in breach of those statutory duties.

Utter gash.

Directors of SPL clubs could be in breach of thier statutory duties by voting #Rangers Newco out of the SPL.

How can it be written in their statutory duties something that seemed so implausible a while back.

Given they only just put steps in place for the predicament at rangers to never happen again how can this guy state that they are in breach of those statutory duties.

Utter gash.

It's nonsense. It's against the 'statutory' duties of the directors to against the wishes of 95% of the company's stakeholders. Doesn't really apply to companies anyway, unless they're floated on the stock market.

Some randomer on Twitter reports that Talksport tonight about 45min devoted to sevco going to England and how much they would benefit the league.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Oh my aching sides.

Hahahahahahahahahaha :P

Talksport is The Daily Record of the airwaves :thumsup2

Have the SFA said that all applicants for the spare membership need to apply on Friday or is it just for Sevco?

I cant help but wonder if the SFA will be using the application process to ensure that Sevco accept sanctions from Oldco, no acceptance = no licence, no licence = no decision for SPL or SFL to make with regards Sevco...

Getting back to the Greek theme, I'm beginning to think their Gods might actually be having an influence. It would take a supernatural power to bring us the delightful cast of Craig Whyte, Duff and Phelps, Dark Mingwall, Ticketus(probably Roman, but still) and Cockwomble etc.. And can it be a coincidence that Zeus now owns Ibrox? My favourite for the particular God who is looking after the good folk of Pie and Bovril is Athena, the Goddess of wisdom, warfare, battle strategy, heroic endeavour, handicrafts and reason.

Here's her picture for us to offer thanks to:

athena2.jpg

Dingwall's just a simpleton. Unlike that Edgar guy who is genuinely malevolent.

Dingwall is also right. The chairmen who vote Yes will leave a legacy of cowardice and greed around their club for years to come.

Wondered where the bigot that is Edgar had disappeared to, he's been very quiet recently.

I actually downloaded a podcast entitled HEART AND HAND only this morning, simply cos I was intrigued as to what they'd (oldco fans) had to say. Well, upped popped Edgar, full of salient points like "you're a dick" and "all the other SPL teams are shite". It was actually worth a listen if only to reinforce why these c***s need slapped down.

Utter gash.

From the sounds of things this person is referring to the statutory responsibility which boards of directors of companies have to their shareholders. It's my understanding that one of the primary responsibilities of all BODs is that they should ensure their business is being run for the benefit of their shareholders. If a group of shareholders can prove that board members have done something which has reduced the value of a company, thereby reducing the value of an individuals shareholding, then those board members would have a case to answer, possibly in the courts.

However, I would expect as the vast majority of Scottish clubs are owned by the chairmen, then he only has to justify his decision to himself, and need not worry about being taken to court. Clubs which have large external shareholdings may wish to consult with these co-owners before voting to ensure they don't fall foul of this rule, but I wouldn't think it would be that big a deal for the owners of a club to come to an agreement relatively quickly.

Edited by Jie Bie

On a similar but only vaguely connected theme, there's a picture on the BBC Lee Wallace story with him wearing what looks like the new Rangers kit in a game. Is this a dodgy photoshop job, or did Rangers wear their new kit at the end of last season?

Prescient of them to remove the five *s :)

anyone read the record hotline today?

some of the quotes are unreal and many deluded fans still believe that they should jump ship to england, if england werent interested in them when they (pretended to) have money then why would they suddenly be interested in them when they arent even a football team.

sevco 5088 sounds like a robot from star wars if you ask me. 8)