Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Re: the guy on BBC Shortbread. David Roberts (@thesportslawguy)

Thats a load of utter pish. What would be worse for a club, voting against a NewCo into the SPL, which might take away some business, or voting for the SevCo, in which their own fans will walk away from the club demanding season ticket refunds and not returning to the games. This fud doesn't realise the pendulum has swung in our favour. Less of the legal stuff, when in reality he is contradicting himself.

From the sounds of things this person is referring to the statutory responsibility which boards of directors of companies have to their shareholders. It's my understanding that one of the primary responsibilities of all BODs is that they should ensure their business is being run for the benefit of their shareholders. If a group of shareholders can prove that board members have done something which has reduced the value of a company, thereby reducing the value of an individuals shareholding, then those board members would have a case to answer, possibly in the courts.

However, I would expect as the vast majority of Scottish clubs are owned by the chairmen, then he only has to justify his decision to himself, and need not worry about being taken to court. Clubs which have large external shareholdings may wish to consult with these co-owners before voting to ensure they don't fall foul of this rule, but I wouldn't think it would be that big a deal.

Ok sure I understand all that, but how can a chairman define the amount of money he loses from rangers exit to how much he gains from an increased in fanbase given things are so up in the air at the minute?

who is to say that voting rangers out isn't clearly in the best interests of the clubs?

The majority of supporters groups seem to think it is, so how could a chairman ever be brought upon charges(so to speak) that he didn't fulfill his responsibilities, when no one can forsee what will happen in a few months time.

Not having a go at you of course, more the validity of the whole 'chairman not fulfilling his responsibility point'.(and who judges etc).

I have no time to go through the 40+ pages since last night, anyone able to give me today's news headlines?

Apparently County have hedged their bets by setting aside a special compound for Sevco 5088 fans just in case they get voted in..

479699_402591539791551_412116641_n.jpg

who is to say that voting rangers out isn't clearly in the best interests of the clubs?

If it is possible to vote out the Worlds Most Successful Club, you are both potentialy increasing your fan base and increasing your chance of silverware. How can that be bad business sense?

Ok sure I understand all that, but how can a chairman define the amount of money he loses from rangers exit to how much he gains from an increased in fanbase given things are so up in the air at the minute?

The majority of supporters groups seem to think it is, so how could a chairman ever be brought upon charges(so to speak) that he didn't fulfill his responsibilities, when no one can forsee what will happen in a few months time.

Not having a go at you of course, more the validity of the whole 'chairman not fulfilling his responsibility point'.(and who judges etc).

No problem, I guess if I were to play devils advocate for a moment, you could have a situation where an SPL votes NO, and then next season enters admin because the Sky deal collapses and their income drops so much they can't pay their bills. It would be pretty easy for a shareholder to blame the BoD if their club had made the difference between voting them in or out. I know this is an extremely hypothetical scenario with lots of variables to consider, but the boards of directors of clubs with large external shareholdings will need to consider such a possibility, no matter how remote.

Fortunately for us most Scottish clubs seem to be owned by the chairman, so I doubt very much it'll be an issue. Sounds like a newcogers fan clutching at straws if you ask me.

Edited by Jie Bie

In all these pages, that's the funniest I've seen, if it's real or not. :lol:

It has to be real. I drove by and there was 8 or 9 standing under the 1 large golfing umbrella.

I remember a few weeks back, there was a plan to construct a human (well, partially human) chain around Ibrokes by way of a protest. Any news on how that's going?

unsure.gif

I 'd be more impressed if they tried to form a ring around Dark Mingwall.

I remember a few weeks back, there was a plan to construct a human (well, partially human) chain around Ibrokes by way of a protest. Any news on how that's going?

unsure.gif

See for yourself ...

blue+sheep_Bonn2.jpg