Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

We're talking about a once in 125 years situation here. Might as well budget based on David Icke being right about Arran being underwater.

This is an extremely rare situation exacerbated by some very unfortunate global circumstances. I don't think clubs should budget based on the most valuable club in the country going tits up.

How come Craig Whyte got the job lot for a £1 then ? cool.gifwink.gif

What is the capital of North Korea, Granny or Mr Green? No conferring with Bomber for the answer on this round.

You edited that post and I still don't get it.

One of us is having a bad day today (ps it's not me :P ).

Says it all about you.

I was going to say "Motherwell supporter in 'Rangers is the most valuable club in the country' shock", but that would be an insult to the decent Motherwell fans who make up the majority of your club's support.

My mistake, I thought I was having a conversation with adults here based on real world facts, rather than toys out the pram merchant like yourself.

My mistake, I thought I was having a conversation with adults here based on real world facts, rather than toys out the pram merchant like yourself.

'Pragmatism', the last refuge of the toady. Pity you can't afford the bus fare.

'Omnishambles' is the appropriate word, I believe.

Why can't the door in football corridors of power suddenly burst open and Jocky Scott hoverpacks in with a'‘Wha’s in cherge here?’ and proceeds to sort the fcucking lot out.

I've enjoyed the grave dancing era of the BRALT, but I've now got totally lost in the couple of days after this gerrymandering into SFL1 ploy surfaced.

We're talking about a once in 125 years situation here. Might as well budget based on David Icke being right about Arran being underwater.

This is an extremely rare situation exacerbated by some very unfortunate global circumstances. I don't think clubs should budget based on the most valuable club in the country going tits up.

You don't spend your cash 'til it's in the bank.

My club dish out 1 year contracts as they don't know what their finances will be from 1 year to the next, shit having to watch a team being dismantled every year, but it's better than my club getting dragged through admin.

As for once in 125 years situation, the warning bells were ringing loud and clear from Ibrox for a long while before they entered admin, blame the desperation to avoid relegation rather than any outside events with regard to your team.

Utterly bonkers.

Clubs were splashing mega bucks on foreign players who were worse than the cheap Scottish players they weren't playing?

I do agree, but you were probably one of the guys that thought and said at the time ' Oh aye that Flabie Kudnikikaba' was a better signing than Tam Broon fae the lower leagues.' When all were spending big on pish, The directors were thinking at least spend money on pish that sound good. Welcome to marketing.

Awwww, International day of Happiness on my birthday. I'm not worthy.

cake.gif <--- (just wanting an excuse to use this one)

Specially for Hedgecutter

Edit to say, don't open till March 20th.. ph34r.gif

Edited by welshbairn

Buh? We don't need to be in the SPL.

No we don't, I agree, but if the invitation comes to join the SPL the extra income that will come with one season up, it makes no sense to deprive the Dark Blue coffers of much needed revenue. In going up we do not compromise on any sporting integrity, our 2nd place last year was clean.

A question for a knowledgeable 1.

Let's say Dundee are punted into the SPL next weekend, do their players have a case to go to the chairman and say i'm not playing for Dundee in the SPL under the terms of my deal?

Very easy to say they wouldn't be too happy getting a 1st division wage in the SPL.

Of course Dundee will have to honour their Season tickets which are sold at 1st division prices also, so their income is mainly 1st division based.

I would assume they have sold hospitality for matches and gate prices have been agreed (£19 behind the goals) which would be honoured too.

I've no idea how many season tickets Rangers have sold but again the ones they have sold are at SPL prices with 2 very expensive old firm games in there. Now if they do land in the 1st where in gods name does that leave them with that?

I read in todays paper about a season ticket holder who cancelled and a firm have been instructed to still try and take the cash. How can Rangers honestly sell season tickets at SPL prices when they could very easily land in the 3rd division?

I remember towards the end of last season that league reconstruction was rearing it's head again and 1 of the quotes i continually read was that "their wasn't enough time to do it for next season". Now this was around February/March time, suddenly we can completely overhaul everything the last few days of June, 5 weeks before the SPL kicks off and 4 weeks before the 1st competitive SFL matches, i don't think so.

I think i preferred it when cockwomble was trying to be subtle about saving Rangers, now he's like a poker player who's laying his cards on the table face up.

Question No.3 - only Granny can answer this one............Why did the chicken cross the road?

Granny Danger - I don't know

HibeeJibee - What statistical evidence do you have that the chicken did in fact cross the road?

Jim McLean's Ghost - It was necessary to save Rangers and therefore the future of Scottish football.

Madwullie - Eh'm mad ye ken, really mad.

You don't spend your cash 'til it's in the bank.

My club dish out 1 year contracts as they don't know what their finances will be from 1 year to the next, shit having to watch a team being dismantled every year, but it's better than my club getting dragged through admin.

As for once in 125 years situation, the warning bells were ringing loud and clear from Ibrox for a long while before they entered admin, blame the desperation to avoid relegation rather than any outside events with regard to your team.

I guess you better send an email outlining the Ayr model to the tens of thousands of football club around the world who budget based on projected income for the coming years.

Motherwell mainly give out 1 year contracts too. Unfortunately this means you can't make money from selling the players, so a balance has to be struck. I don';t have a problem with this and neither do the majority of football clubs worldwide. Am I actually having to explain to you how football works here?

How many forensic accountants would it take to check out every shareholder and every director of every Scottish Football Club, and who would pay for them?

The SFA can only rely on the information they are given, and act when it it is shown to be false.

This blaming the SFA for their troubles is another wheeze dreamt up by the Entity formerly known as etc....

Also, I don't know about SFA rules but in a limited company in any business whatsoever the responsibility for governance (basically compliance with relevant authorities and law) rests 100% with the board of directors. There may well be audits by government or industry bodies (such as the SFA or HMRC) but the responsibility is entirely with the directors. You can go to jail if you don't get it right and btw ignorance is not an excuse either.

Granny Danger - I don't know

HibeeJibee - What statistical evidence do you have that the chicken did in fact cross the road?

Jim McLean's Ghost - It was necessary to save Rangers and therefore the future of Scottish football.

Madwullie - Eh'm mad ye ken, really mad.

Oh good answer GD but the correct one was "because Rangers got liquidated"

I do agree, but you were probably one of the guys that thought and said at the time ' Oh aye that Flabie Kudnikikaba' was a better signing than Tam Broon fae the lower leagues.' When all were spending big on pish, The directors were thinking at least spend money on pish that sound good. Welcome to marketing.

I preferred it when they just called him Mark Yardley.