Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes.

IMO an arbitrary deadline at that stage would've made things even more fraught, and increased the liklihood of rushed unsatisfactory accomodations.

As things stand the big days are Tuesday + Wednesday next week and their immediate aftermaths. My view would now be that (assuming SFL clubs don't accept the compromise plan in principle next week) things should be resolved by mid-July.

Fair dos, thanks for replying.

It was covered in the quality print press back when the saga began, but more recently St Mirren's statement earlier today states:

Did I imagine Sky saying they weren't pulling out?

alex thomson@alextomoJust had an extraordinary conversation with a senior Hampden insider. They're inundated with angry fans demanding integrity.

Expand

#noshit

Christ on a bike, he makes it sound like they're surprised. What the fuck did they expect? Are these people so isolated from the outside world, do they judge public opinion based on reading what's in the Record and the Sun? I despair when I think of the level of incompetence that exists within the Scottish footballing authorities.

Christ on a bike, he makes it sound like they're surprised. What the fuck did they expect? Are these people so isolated from the outside world, do they judge public opinion based on reading what's in the Record and the Sun? I despair when I think of the level of incompetence that exists within the Scottish footballing authorities.

No they just believe that deep down only they know what is best for Scottish Football, and the Nae Sayers are just an angry mob driven by a handful of Internet nutters.

Ps twitter saying that Green is meeting Whyte in the Menzies hotel in Glasgow right Now ?

The old Rangers still cannot register new players because they are in administration. They would, however, have been able to offer new contracts to existing players.

The new Rangers are not yet an affiliated football club. That doesn't stop them employing people as footballers. You don't have to be a football club to employ people as footballers. RBS could give Steven Naismith a contract as a footballer tomorrow if they wanted.

Football's in a bad enough way without RBS having a team. Their finances were even worse than the deceased Rangers.

Edit to add: and the nickname the Bankies is already taken.

Edited by Granny Danger

Christ on a bike, he makes it sound like they're surprised. What the f**k did they expect?

These people don't live in the real world, ask anyone at Hampden the last time they paid to watch a game of football?

These people expect us fans to put up and shut up seen as they never usually listen to us anyway.

The Hampden brigade will be spewing that we fans are taking control of this and not allowing them to turn a blind eye, make no mistake about it, if it wasn't for fan power Rangers would be playing SPL football in 5 weeks

Edited by Gaz FFC

gordon smith on ssn spouting keek

talking about how the rangurs would be a great addition to the first division.

ffs when will these idiots realise you cant just waltz a new team into div 1.

bunch of apologist arseholes i've had enough :(

someone suggest another glasgow/west scotland team for me to take my boy to go watch :(

Different sport I know, but I'm sure Glasgow Warriors would be delighted to welcome the two of you.

Did I imagine Sky saying they weren't pulling out?

They haven't said they'll continue paying x% of the deal either.

Tbf, at this point I'll repeat something I said way back - which is that knowing Sky's position would be very useful. Things have rather moved on now but the uncertainty over what they will/won't do is not helpful. (Of course, it may be business-sense to protect their hand).

If the disgusting happens and Sevco 80085 get put in SFL1 with a playoff system like SFL 2 and 3 I think it'd be wonderful for Celtic to aim for 11th place, set up an Old Firm playoff final and watch the SPL squirm as Celtic make sure Sevco 80085 don't get into the SPL again...

Of course this could all be avoided if the SFA finally do the right thing and revoke the club that used to be known as Rangers licence and finally shut down anything resembling football happening at the big hoose.

They haven't said they'll continue paying x% of the deal either.

Tbf, at this point I'll repeat something I said way back - which is that knowing Sky's position would be very useful. Things have rather moved on now but the uncertainty over what they will/won't do is not helpful. (Of course, it may be business-sense to protect their hand).

Of course, and the fact that we don't is a reflection of somebody not doing their job. The second Rangers went into admin there was a possibility of this, and the cockwomble should have been bargaining hard for a fall back deal straight away.

The old Rangers still cannot register new players because they are in administration. They would, however, have been able to offer new contracts to existing players.

The new Rangers are not yet an affiliated football club. That doesn't stop them employing people as footballers. You don't have to be a football club to employ people as footballers. RBS could give Steven Naismith a contract as a footballer tomorrow if they wanted.

Thanks Craigkillie.

I was being a bit disingenuous as I can understand how they can do it, but what gets me raging is why they are allowed to be doing this!

Good analogy - though certain members of the deceased Rangers team would be done under trade description act I am sure if employed as "footballers"!

Celtic's big friend of the Diddies face is beginning to crack: laugh.gif

So what the SFA and SPL are proposing now will result in this, if you as a Celtic Supporter pay on average £500 for a season ticket, they will share up to £250 of it amongst the other 11 clubs in the SPL, is that what we pay season tickets for?

They also intend to share the revenue from SKY and ESPN amongst all the clubs in Scotland, so every time you have to get on your supporters bus at 7am on a Sunday morning to travel to Dingwall or Inverness, just remember, the supporters of Morton and Partick Thistle will benefit from it too.

We need to send a message to Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster, and David Longmuir, if they think the way forward for Scottish Football is to cash in on the biggest support in Scotland, then they will get a rude awakening, we will not stand back and let that happen.

My link

he's getting to that age (just turned 7) he's now taking an interest in football, and the problem is he has grown up with a rangers fan and a celtic fan as parents poor bugger.. certainly there was no danger i was exposing him to the crap that gets flung around either of their grounds,

With my recent unhappiness at the way my club has behaved I think the time might be here to try and tempt him with a diddy team

absolutely gutting but this is one rangers fan walking away - from bigotry cheating and the tripe attached to my club

firhill is just up the road, might have to try and persuade him

A friend of mine was taken aged 6 or 7 by his faither, a Rangers supporter, to see his first game when Rangers visited Firhill.

His dad was taking him to support "The Rangers" but you can guess what happened.

He became a lifelong Jags fan.

Wish there were more like him,.(for ALL diddy teams).

What do the sfa actualy want? is it to defend a status quo thats been good to them and line a few pockets becuase i just cant see how any of this helps anything at all. The only thing they have stopped short of saying over the lat 10 years is " we want a closed top league of BIG clubs with money and a tv product. not a sporting meritocracy.

Think about the entry criteria; clubs must have there own stadium(no permanent groundsharing) with 6000 seats. the ressult of which (if they had their way) would be that small teams with poor support no matter how good they are on the park have no place in the spl.

At the end of the day its sports entertainment not sports competition.

Of 18,625 Scotsman readers who have expressed an opinion in a poll on Sevco's place in the game, 18,522 believe Sevco should start in SFL3

2 hours ago

Who and where are these 103 c***s??