Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why are SKY getting such an easy time?

We are being told that if Rangers are not in the top flight for the 2013/14 season they will reduce funding or pull out all together.

So SKY is trying to apply pressure to ensure a team that has cheated, is in breach of Football Association rules and that has cost the taxpayer tens of millions of pounds is back in top flight footballl ASAP?

Maybe it's time for some of Scotland's politicians to ask questions of SKY, nobody else seems to be able to get an answer from them. Maybe I'll drop a wee note to my MP and MSP raising this issue.

If SPL clubs wanted to know which way the wind was blowing, they'd only have to do a quick search of the Internet. As it stands Raith, Dunfermline, Morton, Stirling, East Fife, Stranraer, Annan, Peterhead have all openly stated their position as No. There are a few others who are definitely leant towards that too. Eight 'Nos' is enough, which makes me think you have this the wrong way round.

This is about that donkey Doncaster and his cronies begging, bribing and cajoling the SFL clubs out of a widely adopted stance. I for one would cheer if the SFL stood firm and tore up every single one of the SPL's precious sponsorship contracts in the process. f**k them: they took all the money out of the lower leagues years ago, time to take the power back to the diddy clubs.

Ah totally but Doncaster probably thought he could sway opinion with his scare mongering and change minds. He'll report back saying no danger boys and some SPL "nos" may become "yes" - it's all guesswork at minute but unsure as to why SFL clubs need to meet until Newco officially told to GTF. Only then is there anything to discuss.

And you are right f@@@ em - take the power back!!

Any contract that has specified either cheek of the OF needing to be in the top 6 is reason enough to sack Doncaster, the contracts breach any fair attempt at competition in the league. As many have said, what would happen if Green or Blue didn't get into the top 6?

As for Rangers being in the SPL next year they don't have to win the 1st were they in it...its all getting restructered remember so they'll only need to finish 3rd or 4th, but if they don't...dry.gif

Additionally the Sky deal runs till the end of next season and as such would need to be renegotiated, any chairman who is using season 2013/14 money to budget now has some real issues.

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence Neil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Expand

What's he worrying about? he has a year to go out and get a better deal. Imagine having to go out and do the job his is paid to do??

To be honest if i was in charge of sky etc i wouldn't be happy to be seen supporting something as corrupt as the SPL.

Why is he telling the SFL this information? why should they give a damn that the spl are losing a few million?

It must be negligent (at the very least) to even include a clause like this which essentially says "we agree to ensure that Rangers will remain in the SPL at all costs in order to fulfil the terms of the contract". It just can't be so?........

Why? They signed a deal that says someone pays £ABC, for a product they regard as having a certain value... and that if that product alters significantly (through removal of something which contributes a large amount of the value) they can renegotiate or walk away.

It doesn't say Rangers must be in SPL... it says TV doesn't have to pay £ABC for something whose value has reduced.

Any breakaway would need the approval of the SFA. The SPFL proposals would need the co-operation of the SFL clubs. Obviously, its not totally impossible for the SPL to get out of the Settlement payment, but its not as simple as you implied.

I don't think it would be simple, it's why I said 'one way or another', but I am also certain that in desperate times a nest of fucking vipers like the SPL would do whatever it takes to get around it.

The whole £17.5M thing that Doncaster has come out with is an example, maybe the deals do require newcorpse in the SPL or they'll be renegotiated, but by implication he's suggesting that money is gone; he hasn't actually stated that, but it's hanging in the air...

They are hybrids, fucking snakes in the grass using weasel words

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence

Sfa will not allow rfc newco into spl says Stewart Regan

Based on that there is no need for the SPL to vote tomorrow (should save some Chairman a bit of face!), in which case the SFL need to vote now...none of this fortnight notice. They're all there now..get it done and over with