Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This morning it was announced that scientists have finally discovered the Higgs Boson particle. The particle that gives Mass to all. Then, just after lunchtime, Rangers disappear. Coincidence? I think not!!

also the queen at a thanksgiving service in Glasgow??? conspiracy or what???

also

Rangers Tax-Case@rangerstaxcaseParadoxically, Scottish people have never before been more unified in agreeing that Stewart Regan is a horse's arse.

Expand

laugh.gif

These "hotshot CEOs" have little grasp on their jobs anymore. If they're not ready to walk, they should expect to pushed soon enough.

Doncaster won't last till Christmas, and Regan won't be far behind. If the leagues do merge, then Longmuir will be out the door with the old.

Definitely, they're both on their way out soon. Whoever suggested earlier that Cosgrove should be in charge of Scottish football is right, I don't think for a second we could afford him or that he'd be remotely interested, he's a serious media bod and does the Scottish football for the love of it, but it would be great to have someone like him running the show, well informed, smart, genuine love for the game, great media knowledge, etc.

Sportsound was great the night.

It's OK he can just phone Carter to gie him hauners

Mon tae f'ck. Why has it taken this long to crack a pish joke like that?

How dare you sully the good name of Detective Inspector Jack Regan by comparing him with that man.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm just going to polish of the bottle if whisky in the desk drawer before heading off down the strip club to meet my snout.

I bloody love The Sweeney.

These "hotshot CEOs" have little grasp on their jobs anymore. If they're not ready to walk, they should expect to pushed soon enough.

Doncaster won't last till Christmas, and Regan won't be far behind. If the leagues do merge, then Longmuir will be out the door with the old.

A feature of modern life is how there has been a complete failure of leadership at the top of corporations. Media, banking, politicians and now football administrators. They are all out of touch with what is actually happening at the coal face. Same old same old won't cut it when there is bare faced cheating, greed and corruption for all to see What we are seeing is "soft power" bringing these people to account. Long may it continue!

How dare you sully the good name of Detective Inspector Jack Regan by comparing him with that man.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm just going to polish of the bottle if whisky in the desk drawer before heading off down the strip club to meet my snout.

I bloody love The Sweeney.

'Oo are you?'

'We're The Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner'

laugh.gif

Rangers newco: 'Big problem for Scottish society' if Rangers plunge to Third Division

Regan: 'There would be a slow lingering death for football in Scotland' (SNS)

Regan: 'There would be a slow lingering death for football in Scotland' (SNS)

By STEPHEN HALLIDAY

Published on Wednesday 4 July 2012 21:26

SCOTTISH Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan has issued a startling warning of "social unrest" in Scotland if newco Rangers are denied entry to the First Division of the Scottish Football League following the emphatic rejection today of their application to retain top-flight football at Ibrox.

Regan's remarkable comment came as he insisted admission to the First Division is now the only viable option if Scottish football wishes to avoid what he described as a "slow, lingering death".

Regan bluntly asserted that Scottish football simply cannot afford to have Rangers outwith the top two tiers of the league structure, with his argument not confined to the commercial impact their absence would have.

"Without Rangers, there is social unrest and a big problem for Scottish society," claimed Regan. "They have a huge fan base and to contemplate the situation where those fans don't have a team to support, where those fans are effectively left without a game to follow, I just think that could lead to all sorts of issues, all sorts of problems for the game.

"Tribalism in football is really important. It is part of the game. People follow their clubs with pride, it is passed down from generation to generation. There are thousands of Rangers fans whose fathers and parents and grandfathers have been Rangers fans. You can't contemplate a situation without that and if Rangers weren't to exist that could have real dire consequences.

I thought it was difficult to plumb new depths in scaremongering hyperbole after these long months - but by f**k, Regan has managed it against all odds.

This level of pish moves on from the intelligence insulting drivel that we've been dealing with into some dangerous territory. The minute we start talking about "unrest", etc (for which there is no factual basis at all), I think it only serves to whip things up further in what is already a tense situation.

Utterly irresponsible from the senior exec in Scottish Football to drag the debate to the lowest possible level and the statement makes his position completely untenable.

am a newco fan but rangers deserved to be punished and relegated but the next scottish club to go under will be hopefully dundee utd as there chairman is a nasty nasty man and treats his staff like shit.

where are you getting your evidence of that? I demand transparecy!!

oh yes sorted for you

Is one hurting cause there team (sevco 5088,not rangers) aren't in with the big boys now????

awww booo hooo go and rattle yer baws in a tin ya daftie !!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

What is wrong with Div 2 btw? Only League they don't want to be in, so stick them there :)

GTF - Why don't youz and yer yer bigoted pals form a breakaway league of 2 and go play each other on Mars or somewhere every week for forever - tosser

Edited by Claymores

am a neutral but rangers deserved to be punished and relegated but the next scottish club to go under will be hopefully dundee utd as there chairman is a nasty nasty man and treats his staff like shit.

Lets deal with your excellent points one at a time.

"rangers deserved to be punished"

Rangers do not exist. They were liquidated. Sevco5088/Sevco Scotland have not been punished.

"and relegated"

Sevco(s) are not in a league. Therefore they cannot be relegated.

Brain certainly in neutral anyway.

Regarding United and Thompson, you are entitled to your opinion caller. Thanks for playing.

From the old thread on Regan's appointment:

Yorkshire cricket club? What the f**k does this guy know about fitba?

Might be good in a way. Concentrate on getting money in, cutting administration costs and red tape. Obviously doesn't have an old firm agenda either.

Scottish football is in one hell of a mess , and this guy has no chance of sorting it. Firstly we do not need 3 ruling bodies ........... 2 have to go .

I'm all for compromise now, the SPL/SFA want them in SFL 1 and out the top league for one season, the fans want them in SFL 3 and out the top league for at least 3 seasons.

I say stick them is SFL 3 this year, reconstruct the leagues to 2 x 16 and 1 x 10 next season and this gives them the chance to be back with the big boys in 2yrs, nowt wrong with splitting the difference. :)

am a neutral but rangers deserved to be punished and relegated but the next scottish club to go under will be hopefully dundee utd as there chairman is a nasty nasty man and treats his staff like shit.

Best post of the day mate, well said!!

i no staff that work for dundee utd and they were briefed yesterday that dundee utd will not make it to the end of the season and were told to start looking for new jobs as there will be redundancys as they new rangers would be relegated and united need the sky tv money to survive just to xmas plus sky are cutting the money so unless they get a new owner they will go into administration by xmas