Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

oh ALEX THOMSON ON OFF THE BALL 2MORO

07/07/2012 12:05

Alex Thomson, Archie McPherson and Stephen Craigan take part on this Saturday's OTB show.

It's quite a mad lineup, I think Craigan's lack of pace may be exploited,

and Archie might just give out a few of the Secrets Man Was Not Meant To Know, that he just can't be arsed

keeping under his bunnet any more.

Edited by Macshimmy

I've said it before but it never get;s old, how can sevco sell season tickets?

Why would anyone pay SPL prices to watch sevco in division 3?

I know the orcs aren't the most intelligent lot, but you'd think they'd be more careful with their limited giro funds.

Usually when i pay my money at the cinema i know what film i'm going to see. Just saying unsure.gif

I've said it before but it never get;s old, how can sevco sell season tickets?

Why would anyone pay SPL prices to watch sevco in division 3?

I know the orcs aren't the most intelligent lot, but you'd think they'd be more careful with their limited giro funds.

Usually when i pay my money at the cinema i know what film i'm going to see. Just saying unsure.gif

Don't forget the confusion over who actually gets the money.

Yes, but at the end of the day they still only end up in the division below the top division.

With the exception of Alloa/Stirling every team that was relegate/promoted move up/down a league.

So what right does every other club in SFL1, with the current exception of Dundee due to the 'Club 12' debacle as that is a different debate entirely, have over Dunfermline to now be in the division above them? They finished below us in the overall standings and were nowhere near a promotion place in SFL1, the only team that effectively won promotion from that division was Ross County.

Should we try to flush SKY out?

I know it's already been suggested, maybe it's a goer.

Doncaster and Regan already know Sky's stance IMO, and now it's a game of brinksmanship to try and force Sevco as far up the ladder as possible.

When we get the final answer on where Sevco will ply their trade next season will be the time we find out about the realities of the TV deals and sponsorships, but i don't think it's going to be anywhere near as bleak as we are being led to beleive.

Maybe not the right place but....I'm pretty sure the last time there was an upgrade the site was down for a good bit longer than anticipated.

I think it's important. Stuart Cosgrove recently made the point of the importance of social media in the whole NO to newco campaign and in the coordination of boycotting season tickets sales. I may be prejudiced because I only post on here and not on any other social media but I reckon P&B made a huge contribution to this. I reckon it was wrong to try to change it at this time.

What's really funny is that it's OK as 'customers' to criticise the SFA, SPL etc but apparently not Div. :rolleyes:

I was going to give you a riddy just for a laugh, but thought better of it.

Am now expecting one from you. Naw, don't, puhleese.:wub:

They aren't.

5 SFL clubs didn't have licenses in 2011-12.

We're one of them - can't get one as the pitch at the Glebe as it's too narrow by three yards. Need to fix it before we start our future big European adventure.

Raith say "Ho! SFL! Wha's in cherge?"

Raith carrying on the Clyde trend of getting people telt! Good statement to see, makes a lot of valid points and shoots a few holes in the scaremongering going about.

I think Raith have a fucking cheek. The don't only want information, the also want clarity AND legal advice. What's the world coming to?

Raith say "Ho! SFL! Wha's in cherge?"

Raith carrying on the Clyde trend of getting people telt! Good statement to see, makes a lot of valid points and shoots a few holes in the scaremongering going about.

Well, on the one hand Raith's statement raises some very valid points but on the other hand it completely fails to recognise the absolutely vital question around the whole Sevco issue that Mr Darroch so eloquently raised in Stenny's statement detailing why they intend to vote "yes", namely what the hell Stenhousemuir are going to do in relation to any possible subletting of their astroturf...

Pretty sure the licence is needed for the SFL, but their is no stipulation for the SPL.

Quote from SFA Document

Licensing requires that those clubs in Membership of the Scottish Football Association meet specific standards. The standards are presented in the form of criteria under five headings –

 Ground Criteria

 First Team Football Criteria

 Youth Team Football Criteria

 Legal, Administration and Finance Criteria

 Codes of Practice Criteria

and also

Article 35

"Clubs in full or associate membership of the Association or in membership of an Affiliated Association or an Affiliated National Association, as the case may be, shall comply with the requirements of the Club Licensing Procedures. Clubs failing to comply with the requirements of the Club Licensing Procedures, as aforesaid, shall, in the first instance, be referred to the Licensing Committee. If the intervention of the Licensing Committee is not sufficient to procure compliance, the matter will be referred to the Judicial Panel. Clubs failing to comply with the requirements of the Club Licensing Procedures shall be liable to a fine, to a suspension, to an expulsion, or such other sanctions as are provided for in the Judicial Panel Protocol, to a combination of these penalties or such other penalty, sanction or condition as the Licensing Committee or the Judicial Panel (as the case may be) considers appropriate in order to deal justly with the case in question".

Is this just another example of the SFA not applying rules as required by their own articles?

Edited by strichener

07/07/2012 12:05

Alex Thomson, Archie McPherson and Stephen Craigan take part on this Saturday's OTB show.

It's quite a mad lineup, I think Craigan's lack of pace may be exploited,

and Archie might just give out a few of the Secrets Man Was Not Meant To Know, that he just can't be arsed

keeping under his bunnet any more.

Archie's lost it (if he ever.......) I think he'll be useless but I WILL be turning on, tuning in and ............

bugger, can't finish it. Hopping about?

Think about it, eh? The reason German football is so (comparitively) cheap is because the clubs use their TV & commercial income to subsidise gate prices. If we got the same money as the Norwegian League, for example, Scottish clubs (other than the two obvious monstrosities) could subsidise gate prices by a £5 (or even a tenner) and still come out ahead even if gates remained static.

Naw, German fitba is so cheap because they at no point ramped the prices up as we did in the UK, that and they still embrace terracing.

We could have every game on the TV and all the money we raked in would make no difference to the ticket prices. The oft-made argument that bringing down gate prices will increases attendances exponentially has been proved time and time again to be wrong!

The atmosphere at most SPL grounds is bad enough already before emptying the grounds in favour of armchair fans.