Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can we get some assurances that Newco will have suitably distinctive name from Rangers? Personally I think any name with the word "Rangers" in it will be confusing and will ultimately lead to this new club being confused with the old defunct club. I have seen already fans and media being confused into thinking this new club has some history and has many titles to its name.

How on earth can the clientele of Rangers Media get away with posting stuff like 'I hope Regan dies'? They should be hunted for that. If only they'd said 'I hope Regan's career dies'... They'd probably have the polis' who scour these forums nodding in agreement.

Silly, silly Sevco Works XI fans - just like everything to do with that deceased club they used to support... their own worst enemies. The debate about just how badly oldco Rangers and oldco Rangers fans handled things since Feb 14 could run for another 3000 pages. However, I personally have no desire to get into that. If we do, and we outline how they should have went about it, we'd only be giving them tips on how to organise themselves when the Sevco Works XI are next to go tits-up on them.

I definitely think Div needs to dismantle the Old Firm thread. In the same way that we need to keep hammering away, and hammering away in shouting down all the talk that 'Rangers have been punished enough', or that 'Rangers are being demoted to the 3rd'. We should do this not to be pedantic pains in the arse, trying to be smart and rub oldco Rangers fans noses in it. We should do it because it is the truth.

There will come a time when Div needs to lock, move, and/or re-name this thread. Of course, if the Sevco Works XI actually crash and burn themselves - it is still a live and valid thread, as discussion would seamlessly move on to Bomber Brown or some new Blue Knights mob trying to claim the rights 'to be Rangers', and start in a junior league.

My advice to Div would be that 'the big thread must stay open'. This one could run for a while yet.

How on earth can the clientele of Rangers Media get away with posting stuff like 'I hope Regan dies'? They should be hunted for that. If only they'd said 'I hope Regan's career dies'... They'd probably have the polis' who scour these forums nodding in agreement.

Silly, silly Sevco Works XI fans - just like everything to do with that deceased club they used to support... their own worst enemies. The debate about just how badly oldco Rangers and oldco Rangers fans handled things since Feb 14 could run for another 3000 pages. However, I personally have no desire to get into that. If we do, and we outline how they should have went about it, we'd only be giving them tips on how to organise themselves when the Sevco Works XI are next to go tits-up on them.

I definitely think Div needs to dismantle the Old Firm thread. In the same way that we need to keep hammering away, and hammering away in shouting down all the talk that 'Rangers have been punished enough', or that 'Rangers are being demoted to the 3rd'. We should do this not to be pedantic pains in the arse, trying to be smart and rub oldco Rangers fans noses in it. We should do it because it is the truth.

There will come a time when Div needs to lock, move, and/or re-name this thread. Of course, if the Sevco Works XI actually crash and burn themselves - it is still a live and valid thread, as discussion would seamlessly move on to Bomber Brown or some new Blue Knights mob trying to claim the rights 'to be Rangers', and start in a junior league.

My advice to Div would be that 'the big thread must stay open'. This one could run for a while yet.

I admire your ability to still write sensibly and coherently at 8am. I'm a mess right now.

Well played for putting the maximum number of words into a post with the minimum legibility. Simple - stop the pissing contest with your business partners. There's a lot of Scottish fans (including YT) who would like to welcome you to our game. The Irish pissing contest is over. Breathe deep, look around you, say "f**k me, we're in Scotland", and you might be accepted. I dunno, just give it a try.

This is so bang on the money. Celtic fans, look where the unbridled arrogance of Sevco fans got them, perhaps try working with everyone else, instead of the self same 'no-one likes us we don't care' shit that Sevco fans have.

Oh yes! In all truth thisthread could last several years, with lots of work for m'lud to look forward to. And some weel kent faces in the frame / dock? 8)

r

No idea who Ian Bankier is. I replied to a celtic fan. To the best of my knowledge, Peter Lawwell is their chairman. The club he belongs to said nothing for months, alyought their status would have led people to expect a statement.. In pre-emptive mode, any chairman who stayed quiet is scum - alright? At least Killie's is outspoken scum, and we'll deal with that in house.

Ian Bankier is chairman of Celtic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Bankier you appear to be confused, Peter Lawwell is Chief Executive of Celtic. The club were advised to keep quiet by solicitors to avoid pouring petrol on the flames, as has been pointed out, staff and fans of Celtic have had nasty things posted to them for much less than being seen to want Rangers dead.

That's what I think is still going to happen, then we'll see a few RFC splinter clubs starting up

40 years history each? I star on each jersey? share Ibrox?

supporters buses with 'Mystery Tour' on the board?

Suppoters associations could have one team each, it could work.

Can we get some assurances that Newco will have suitably distinctive name from Rangers? Personally I think any name with the word "Rangers" in it will be confusing and will ultimately lead to this new club being confused with the old defunct club. I have seen already fans and media being confused into thinking this new club has some history and has many titles to its name.

They plan to keep basically the same name.

There is a shareholders meeting at the end of the month where "The Rangers Football Club PLC" (in administration) will change its name to "RFC 2012 PLC", at the same time "Servco Scotland Ltd" will change it's name to "The Rangers Football Club Limited"

Edited by eraser

Great post. I spent some time discussing this issue with friends at the weekend and we struggled to get a handle on it. It seems to be something immaterial, but that isn't particularly useful when you have to make some concrete decisions based on it.

I think there's two views you can take on Rangers with respect to the ongoing SFA discussions might inform a future definition. Namely:

• Companies are what matter. Rangers are dead. Sevco are therefore a new club (in which case they should be nowhere near a league).
  • Sevco can somehow "become" Rangers, if they're willing to inherit the crimes, punishments and sanctions imposed on the previous club.

There seems to be some kind of merit in the second approach, however the distinction being made between paying back all debt vs paying back footballing debt only doesn't sit well with me. Equally, the idea that the company is the club also has some merit, but also doesn't seem entirely satisfactory.

Even with my own biases I'm not entirely convinced that Sevco and Rangers are one and the same thing.

If a club is an intangible, abstract notion, how can it 'win' anything?

Let's assume the club does exist. It merely attaches itself to some real life company entity

which then 'wins' things.

So, the 'things' belong to the corporate entity, not the 'club' which continues as before,

as an abstract notion.

Howzat?

They plan to keep basically the same name.

There is a shareholders meeting at the end of the month where "The Rangers Football Club PLC" (in administration) will change its name to "RFC 2012 PLC", at the same time "Servco Scotland Ltd" will change it's name to "The Rangers Football Club Limited"

surely companies house would have something to say against those suggestions, Imo,far too close to the oldco's name huh.gif

The club were advised to keep quiet by solicitors to avoid pouring petrol on the flames,

:lol:

Oh so THAT's how Celtic's utter cowardice is being spun is it? Brilliant!!

Ian Bankier is chairman of Celtic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Bankier you appear to be confused, Peter Lawwell is Chief Executive of Celtic. The club were advised to keep quiet by solicitors to avoid pouring petrol on the flames, as has been pointed out, staff and fans of Celtic have had nasty things posted to them for much less than being seen to want Rangers dead.

But it was fine for them to let other clubs do their dirty work for them and face threats?

Classy.

Reading from Leggo's blog( :huh: ) If true, mibbe Green's approaching his pre-planned end-game, refusing to divulge his Mysterons, then refused an SFA licence, Sevco/Zombies decide not to bother playing football at all, and having played the game out until the coaches turn back into pumpkins, too late for Broon's Bombers to save the day, they fold, just like that. He can blame "administrative incompatibility", i.e. they want to know, and we don't want to tell them, then asset-strip at his leisure.

If I were working for Spartans, I'd have my team on speed-dial just in case.

surely companies house would have something to say against those suggestions, Imo,far too close to the oldco's name huh.gif

would be a shame fucking hilarious in they weren't allowed to use the term "Rangers" at all tongue.giflaugh.gif

40 years history each? I star on each jersey? share Ibrox?

supporters buses with 'Mystery Tour' on the board?

Suppoters associations could have one team each, it could work.

The Sevco People's Front

The People's Front of Sevco

The Popular Front of Sevco

The Campaign to free Rangers

etc....

But it was fine for them to let other clubs do their dirty work for them and face threats?

Classy.

One of the many things that P&B has exposed during this fiasco is the blind, stupid loyalty and unquestioning subservience of Celtic fans.

I have seen fans of just about every SPL club make valid and justifiable criticisms of their clubs, chairmen, managers and players who appeared to be taking a pro 'Rangers' line. The one exception has been the Celtic fans who, with the odd honourable exception, have sat back as their club has keep silent during one of the biggest scandals to hit Scottish football.

Two cheeks of the same sectarian driven arse right enough.

As KIllie fans there is a wee ditty we sing to a certain team just down the 77 from us that goes along the lines of

'Ayr Utd won f**k all and never will'

With the necessary name change, I would love to hear diddy fans in div 3 singing it to the newest club in Scottish football! Just to make sure that they can't forget it like!

Do you think the diddier diddies need a wee nudge, I think Sevco's non-knuckledraggers will have a great time and a good few laughs over the next 3 seasons, they might even get into self deprecation.

I don't think there's much point in debating whether or not Newco Rangers can claim the history of Oldco Rangers, because they are going to do it anyway. I don't have any particular problem with that - a team called Rangers won things in the past and a team called Rangers might win things in the future. The financial/legal continuity wouldn't be a problem to me if it was Stirling Albion - I support the team on the park not limited company number whatever it is.

But I would like the the history to be corrected to have any trophies that were won through cheating removed from the official record. And I would be particularly delighted if one of the awards removed from the record books was the title "won" by Billy Dodds.

Edited by Beano3d

would be a shame fucking hilarious in they weren't allowed to use the term "Rangers" at all tongue.giflaugh.gif

Well that should be the case, if the Newsnight legal eagle is correct. She said that The Rangers Football Club name, that they changed to, could only be temporary until BDO came in and they would say that the name is too similar to the bust company. She said the only way the club could keep their name is if it represented the area that the club played in, hence why Airdrie and Wimbledon have kept their names. Sadly for the Orcs, Rangers aint an area of Govan as far as I know, so methinks it will have to go, which if it happens will be the icing on the cake!

Edited by Sting777