Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yep off to uefa to try to weasel out of three million of footy debt and also to try to persuade olympiacos to come over to play a friendly to raise funds (presumably it will have to be five a side) and hughie doesn't yet realise they can't even play a friendly til sfa membership is resolved. I'd say money is running out fast! I particularly liked his claim that he is winning over fans cos he no longer needs a safe house...right there exactly why they should have no place in Scottish football. He's also safe to go out for a meal now...

I did wonder about that quote myself.

Why the f**k would any right-minded person want to be in charge of a club whose fans mean that you need to stay in a fucking safe house?

Speaking of the Retard, I see on page 7 today they're now officially backing the sell out Saturday thing. That's one hell of a brass neck, considering the paper spent the last month saying these clubs would be dead in weeks.

Why are you still buying this shite of a rag? Or, did you see it at the hairdressers?

The Torygraph reckons that Club 12's - sorry, Dundee's - opening league match at Killie could well be postponed if the SPL share isn't transferred over in time. Seems Chuckie might be using this as leverage against sanctions.

The SPL have 4 extra "shares" at their disposal. They have no reason to delay whatsoever.

Green still managing to come up with statements that are puke inducing.

Green has revealed he will travel to Athens to secure a friendly against Olympiacos at Ibrox before moving on for talks with Uefa.

Must really be in the shit if he's gone begging to the Greeks.... laugh.gif

Conversely, would this have happened if it'd been SFL1 on Friday?

That was my thought.

SFL revenues are collectively split... a new TV deal sees you get £££.

You might draw them in the Ramsdens*

*if avoiding Berwick-esque defeat in R1

Glad to be of service.

It seems to me that Green was willing to accept the punishments in the first division, probably because of the higher revenues etc that would've been generated there. SFL 3 doesn't really seem to have been taken into consideration by Green, which is absolutely mental seeing as it was always the likely place for them after the SPL vote went against them.

I really am beginning to wonder if 'Rangers' will be playing anywhere next season, which I didn't think was a serious possibility until the announcement last night that the SFA were looking for 'Rangers' to accept the embargo, take another punishment or reapply as a new club.

All those agreed say "Aye"........now why can't the powers-that-be see the same, they're supposed to be the clever guys (or at least have a finger on the pulse). A bond (given that they are a "wee" diddy team, mibbe £500k) should be demanded of Sevco to ensure any "financial armageddons" resulting from their soon-to-be-demise in Div 3 is at least partially mitigated.

Aye right, Livi were asked fro more and they had nowhere near the running costs of Newco, this bond is to mitigate not fcuking kid us on.

Mind you, going by Livi's statement of the time Newco will pay 18 times the matchday income of the largest earners in the division, buttons then.

Edited by ayrmad

As far as I am aware, the only name revealed in Green's 'consortium' is Blue Pitch.

Is there any possibility that the consortium does not exist and that Green himself is the majority investor

and that he is shitting himself because he thought it would be a relatively quick in and out deal?

I did wonder about that quote myself.

Why the f**k would any right-minded person want to be in charge of a club whose fans mean that you need to stay in a fucking safe house?

Indeed also telling that they can only afford to put him in a flat...maybe if he had a house he would have storage room for more than one suit..

How can they play a friendly

against Olympiacos at Ibrox when it will cost them God knows how much just to get the Greek team over here and on the field? The Greeks aren't going to do it out of the goodness of their heart, and whilst maybe only taking a small percentage of the gate money it's still gonna be a farce if rankers have hardly any players.

More bullshit from Green? Eh aye.

This was proven by Clyde Raith and others to be a complete red herring.

Risibly, Hamilton cite fears of losing this a couple of times in their weasel YES statement.

Pathetic.

All those agreed say "Aye"........now why can't the powers-that-be see the same, they're supposed to be the clever guys (or at least have a finger on the pulse). A bond (given that they are a "wee" diddy team, mibbe £500k) should be demanded of Sevco to ensure any "financial armageddons" resulting from their soon-to-be-demise in Div 3 is at least partially mitigated.

Didn't they ask this off Livingston before letting them play after they were kicked into the 3rd.In fact, if i am not mistaken,it was £750k.

Edit: as Ayrmad had already pointed this out before i read the original post oops.gif

Edited by Forever Diamond

It seems to me that Green was willing to accept the punishments in the first division, probably because of the higher revenues etc that would've been generated there. SFL 3 doesn't really seem to have been taken into consideration by Green, which is absolutely mental seeing as it was always the likely place for them after the SPL vote went against them.

I really am beginning to wonder if 'Rangers' will be playing anywhere next season, which I didn't think was a serious possibility until the announcement last night that the SFA were looking for 'Rangers' to accept the embargo, take another punishment or reapply as a new club.

You'd have thought someone might have asked him about that on Friday before electing them into SFL3 then... and if someone did presumably he said "yes it'd be fine", else why bother electing them.

Risibly, Hamilton cite fears of losing this a couple of times in their weasel YES statement.

Pathetic.

Notorious authority lapdogs, tbf.

Didn't they ask this off Livingston before letting them play after they were kicked into the 3rd.In fact, if i am not mistaken,it was £750k.

Wasn't it demanded for SFL1?

Edited by HibeeJibee

This was proven by Clyde Raith and others to be a complete red herring. It's a legal agreement of fixed amount, unless SPL income falls below £6M. It'll be astonishing if it falls from £20M+ to anything like £6M, IMO.

Come again?

Come again with what? It may have been badly worded on my part but it`s perfectly clear that there can only be one reason for there being a single relegation place from a twelve team league. To protect the lower order of that league . Until Sevco make the dizzying heights of SFL1 that will remain the case.

Someone a dozen or so pages back said that as part of a package of reforms to improve Scottish football - Jonathan Watson should be banned from ever making another 'Only an Excuse' Christmas show.

On the contrary, despite the last three years or so being utter, utter pish - if he can't make a good un' this Christmas, he really is finished. I reckon he should be allowed to crack on, I mean, he's got some material this close season to work on. Having said that, he'll likely just do Dennis Law mumbling 'Well, you know...' or Frank 'Frankie Boy' McAvennie gurning 'Where's the burdz...' again.

Would be funny as fcuk if he came out with a belting show full of Sevco material. It's either that or re-runs of Still Game, Jackie Bird wearing a glittery top while Phil Cunninghame and Ally Bain bore the tits off us alongside that bird fae' Capercaillie.

Get the finger out Watson. Deliver the goods.

If the producer of OAE has any sense, he'll already have realised that there's about 6 shows worth of quality material waiting to be mined in this thread alone.

I spent time in victoria b.c and went to a number of OF games there. The fans shared the same club at these matches and it was all good banter, the more dafty doe eyed bigoty ones seemed to be the canadian born ones, most of the scots worked together or played football together. Maybe being outside the goldfish bowl of the west coast they tend to be scottish first old flim flam second.

The reason I went? The club used for the gathering was attached to the best strip joint in town.

So a good place to see a bunch of tits bouncing up and down,

and a strip club as well - Sounds great