Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The issue, Ross, is that the Oldco have loads of debt and HMRC look unkindly on obvious phoenix companies looking too much like the old company, and just walking away from their debt......oh, wait THEY don't do walking away do they? Damn right they do, if it saves them £140 million.

I appreciate the issue with regards to the name, but is it possible that the old co have licensed out the strip and badge to the new co as a way of bringing in additional money for creditors?

And I have been told that someone looking suspiciously like Charles Green was recently spotted in Clarence Drive in the West End where there are plenty of flats available to rent.

FFS Leggo :lol:

BBC Alba showing Brechin v Sevco in the Ramsdens cup.

Should be some gold comments once they realise it's in Gaelic

Surely some mistake - was under the impression TV would barely be interested in Scottish football if Rangers went into SFL3, with the related "slow lingering death" of the game amid "social runrest".

I thought the oldco was still seeing out their 8-10 week period before liquidation was official. In that case, surely they are OK to wear the same kit, use the same name, and play that Airdrie warm-up as 'Rangers'. Aren't we witnessing the final games of oldco Rangers, rather than some sort of newco zombie mutant franchise playing their first games?

BBC Alba showing Brechin v Sevco in the Ramsdens cup.

Should be some gold comments once they realise it's in Gaelic

Don"t care if it is in feckin Chinese it"ll be a guid laughph34r.gif

I appreciate the issue with regards to the name, but is it possible that the old co have licensed out the strip and badge to the new co as a way of bringing in additional money for creditors?

Eh, I don't think so, given that it was the Oldco which sold Jelavic to Everton but Charlie wants any income to go into the Newco's account, so I don't think there's any way CG would want to pay any more money into Oldco funds. As far as he's concerned, that's a different country.

I thought the oldco was still seeing out their 8-10 week period before liquidation was official. In that case, surely they are OK to wear the same kit, use the same name, and play that Airdrie warm-up as 'Rangers'. Aren't we witnessing the final games of oldco Rangers, rather than some sort of newco zombie mutant franchise playing their first games?

Sounds a bit like the C.I.S. at Euro 92.

Surely some mistake - was under the impression TV would barely be interested in Scottish football if Rangers went into SFL3, with the related "slow lingering death" of the game amid "social runrest".

Sky have been in touch with Peterhead they want too show the game ph34r.gif

http://leggoland2.blogspot.fr/

Leggo's writing style is dreadful. He uses 'Charles Green' 34 times in this.

(but slips up once and uses 'Green' , hope that really annoys him.)

His style is also counter productive. I now can't remember what he was rambling on about.:blink:

No loss there.

When I first read his blog a wee niggle in the back of my head said I had seen such a style before, and i've just realised where it was. When I was at secondary school, there was a crew of religious hippies used to hang about town centres called The Children of God and this reminds me of the tedious, over-repetitive style of the pamphlets they used to dish out. I believe the use of this repetition is a well-acknowledged propaganda technique, with genuine psychological theories behind it.

BBC ALBA

Newco Rangers' Glamour Ramsdens Cup Tie with Brechin to be shown live on BBC Alba

edited by me due to missing word in Record sub -headline

oh and WATP, we're away to peterhead. Liked that one :)

Edited by cyderspaceman

When I first read his blog a wee niggle in the back of my head said I had seen such a style before, and i've just realised where it was. When I was at secondary school, there was a crew of religious hippies used to hang about town centres called The Children of God and this reminds me of the tedious, over-repetitive style of the pamphlets they used to dish out. I believe the use of this repetition is a well-acknowledged propaganda technique, with genuine psychological theories behind it.

I believe this repetition is the the demented haverings of a fool and someone with an alleged alcohol problem. Any similarities to a well-acknowledged propaganda technique with genuine psychological theories behind it is purely coincidental. :)

You're still talking pish.

What you really mean is that you knew early doors so everyone else must be the same,bollocks.

I wore Rangers, Celtic, Leeds, Birmingham and Ayr strips and can't remember anyone commenting one way or the other.

Life for a kid was a lot more innocent 30 or 40 years ago, my dad preferred to get me a Rangers and Celtic ball at the same time, he was obviously playing safe but he never mentioned it to me.

And 30 or 40 years ago the young ladies of Wellington would only have been interested in popping their cherry.

And you sir are still fantasing.

A more innocent age 30 or 40 years ago? Sorry, but... :lol:

In the 1970s and 1980 the Troubles in Northern Ireland had kicked off in earnest (even Boney M, the biggest act of the time, had a Top Ten hit protesting against the violence and hatred), one of the major encouragement of all this sectarian bile, every news report (including good old John Craven's Newsround) mentioned what was going on, and Rikki Fulton was about to do a very famous sketch on Scotland most popular TV show of the time "Scotch 'N' Wry" lampooning Rangers no-Catholics signing policy.

Oh, and Old Firm fans were to riot at a cup final at Hampden full of sectarian bile.

Sectarianism was very much alive and kicking back in the days the Old Firm were at the height of their powers and doing all they could to exploit it and encourage it.

So you'll forgive my scepticism towards people from 30 or 40 years back saying they "knew nothing about it until their teens".

Stripping titles.

I know this has been discussed before but adding my view.

Initially I thought stripping titles from Rangers was enough. I didnt think the titles should then be awarded to the runners up. Being told St Mirren had now won the league cup in 2010 would be completely flat.

However, given the attitude from Rangers fans that they will continue to claim their 'victories', I've now had a change of mind. All cups should be awarded to the runners up as a 3-0 result. The re-written league tables should show Rangers with a 30 points deduction for cheating. Removing their titles isnt enough, they should be seen as having 'lost' them. Show them as losers in every competition they cheated in. Record them as losers in the history books for ever.

This would be far more embarrassing and far more humiliating for them. A far more just punishment.

It fair cheers you up when you read comments from the unwashed bigot scum greeting about how everyone is out to get them [and I mean everyone]and how they've been sooooo unfairly punished.

The best bit is that most of the thick c***s don't realise that they haven't actually been punished yet. :D

Edited by FTOF