Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Did SP not come out pretty early last week (Tuesday PM? Can't quite remember) demanding assurances they would be paid for the Killie game? It struck me then that they would be demanding cash ASAP after the game, if not up front.

In fact, the way they made that demand public so soon after admin being announced, it made me think that they've maybe had problems getting their money over the last few months.

You're probably right there, maddening though that the clubs like ourselves and Dunfermline won't see a penny probably.

Did SP not come out pretty early last week (Tuesday PM? Can't quite remember) demanding assurances they would be paid for the Killie game? It struck me then that they would be demanding cash ASAP after the game, if not up front.

I think many of us thought the case was that the OF pay upfront for policing but the second statement from Strathclyde Police last week about the Killie game, IIRC, basically said the club had assured them they would be paid. No suggestion they were paid upfront, or indeed given anything other than [empty] promises that they would be paid.

I think many of us thought the case was that the OF pay upfront for policing but the second statement from Strathclyde Police last week about the Killie game, IIRC, basically said the club had assured them they would be paid. No suggestion they were paid upfront, or indeed given anything other than [empty] promises that they would be paid.

Clearly this assurance was given down the phone. If you took 1 look at that pair of shifty b***ard administrators you wouldn't trust 1 word they say.

I said the very 1st time i seen a picture of Craig Whyte that he looks shifty and i'm saying it again about hodit and dodit.

I'm amazed therse not been a further press confrence with the admin men. So many stories, rumours and dirt being raised and nothing official being communicated.

Chill out man, there's loads of time before they die. Lie back and enjoy the ride, we don't want everything coming out at once. I want this death to last for at least the three weeks leave I have left.

I'd be surprised if the police were paid by most clubs within five days to be honest.

Absolutely. The same goes with the catering equipment story. It's common practice to use leasing to purchase equipment these days, especially if you are having money problems, and let's face it anyone using this method of payment is buying against future sales. How else is it going to pay for itself. Else some councils use this method of payment nowadays.

It's the fact that now these facts have public they will have to pay for everything up front. No-one will give them any credit facilities any more as they have no confidence in the business, and that is what ultimately put them out of business unless they get a major cash injection soon.

What would be interesting would be if Whyte has the baws to turn up at Ibrox again to 'finish the job he started'. I would strongly advise him not to. He needs to take into account that there are peepul out there who don't think twice about sending parcel bombs and making death threats. Whyte strikes me as being genuinely oblivious to the inherent dangers in seriously pissing off ra' peepul. While I don't condone violence in any way, shape or form, it has to be said that along with Neil Doncaster, he does have the most punchable face in Scottish football.

Aye, I think if Whyte's plan was nothing more than to rape the arse out of Rangers and treat it as just another venture capital asset-stripping exercise to make a fast buck... it won't matter if he's got a King Billy tattoo on his dick... he'd better watch the mail.

Chill out man, there's loads of time before they die. Lie back and enjoy the ride, we don't want everything coming out at once. I want this death to last for at least the three weeks leave I have left.

Agree with this.

I've been thinking that nothing can top this, but imagine if after all the shit clears away Rangers (or Rangers mark II) is taken over by some other dodgy git! Make no mistake there are some of them circling Ibrox as we type.

I think that the situation can best be summed up in the immortal words of Donald Rumsfeld as follows.............

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don’t know we don’t know.”

Thank you Roddy Forsyth.