Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If Rangers were placed in liquidation before the end of the season though, would they still be entitled to the money? If they were not able to fulfil their games then would they be 'removed' from the league table, or would they just sit at whatever number of points they accumulated up to that point?

No no, I'm not suggesting SPL would hand-over money if they were "doomed!!!!" by being in liquidation. It was with regards to helping them finish the season as they did with Gretna.

If they folded before the split their results would be expunged. I would assume that it they folded after the split, only post-split results would be expunged.

I caught wee bits of the stuff on Radio Scotland last night where the panel (particularly Dodds) were bleating on about the impact of losing Rangers from the SPL.

They absolutely understood that supporters would see a more competitive and exciting league. "But what about the money" they kept saying. "It's all very well having more excitement but you wouldn't get the tv money". In the midst of this line of thinking you could be forgiven for thinking that people who buy their season tickets do so because they want to watch the tv money rather than their team playing in a league that isn't carved up.

I'm left asking the question - what additional quality does the tv money bring to the majority of teams in the SPL. How many overpaid, useless articles are lumbering about the place? Our international team isn't going to win big anytime soon. Our club sides are becoming less likely to win big anytime soon. Because on both counts, we simply cannot compete with our near neighbours.

The impact on our game beyond its domestic borders will be very limited. We are not performing in that arena anyway. So there must be an argument that if we can make the domestic league more competitive for 36 games a year then that is worth the sacrfice of a few quid.

Sod the television people and sod accountants. We'd probably be better off starting again with clubs reliant on finding and using Scottish young players instead of has-beens and second raters from beyond these shores.

It would be better than nothing, though.

I disagree. I believe any line of thought in this manner, ie "let's make up a punishment that isn't relegation" is tacit admission that the punishment SHOULD be relegation. Therefore, it would be cheating. The whole thing is worthless if a new company is allowed to jump through hoops straight to the SPL, in my opinion.

If you look at a club like St Johnstone... picking them as we've already seen Geoff Brown's comments... they'd face a terrible "lose lose" situation.

Back some special treatment or kindness towards Rangers, and their fans are furious.

Block the retention of Rangers, and they face losing upto 1/3 of their turnover, a sum equivalent to half their wage bill.

I appreciate the consequences. It would be a challenge to face.

By the way - assuming the outcome of the FTT is not zero/minimal liability, I think relegation from the SPL would be a kind punishment for Rangers even if they aren't liquidated and form a new company.

It seems absurd that a club would be guilty of financial doping and years of success part funded by you and I, the tax payer, and not met with the most severe punishment.

A few mentions of Gretna lately - don't forget that they were a special case. They were advanced prize money because it was obvious that they were going to finish bottom. The SPL basically stretchered them to the end of the season and let relegation make them the problem of the SFL instead.The SFL then stuck them n the least damaging place too their league structure - SFL 3. When they were wiped from the league, a new club started in the normal place for a newly admitted club.

The difference with Rangers is that they are not bottom, and this will give the SPL a whole different headache.

I disagree. I believe any line of thought in this manner, ie "let's make up a punishment that isn't relegation" is tacit admission that the punishment SHOULD be relegation. Therefore, it would be cheating.

I always thought that Dundee's point deduction from the SFL last season was like this - just a way of trying to relegate them without actually doing so. Unfortunately for them they ended up with egg on their face and as a result, Dundee are sitting in 3rd already almost back to where they were in the first place before their 2nd spell of administration.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Forget the poor Ibrox staff which the Gers fans keep bleating on about, who's giving the private coach drivers any thought? - the ones that transport all these guys from Stranraer / Wick to Ibrox on a fortnightly basis.

Not just that, the textile industry will take a huge hit were the demand for oversize Union flags with <distant town> Loyal embroidered on them, to drop off significantly - and the cottage industry of producing cassette tapes of badly recorded Orange Music-to-be-sold-from-a-wee-tray-outside-Ibrox will be in turmoil.....

Not just that, the textile industry will take a huge hit were the demand for oversize Union flags with <distant town> Loyal embroidered on them, to drop off significantly - and the cottage industry of producing cassette tapes of badly recorded Orange Music-to-be-sold-from-a-wee-tray-outside-Ibrox will be in turmoil.....

But on the plus side to the economy, there will be a 50% reduction in OF pillaging from shops when the buses stop for 'refreshment breaks' at towns / villages across the country. Profits will go up and maybe the shops could afford to take on some of the rangers loyal as Saturday staff...

I caught wee bits of the stuff on Radio Scotland last night where the panel (particularly Dodds) were bleating on about the impact of losing Rangers from the SPL.

They absolutely understood that supporters would see a more competitive and exciting league. "But what about the money" they kept saying. "It's all very well having more excitement but you wouldn't get the tv money". In the midst of this line of thinking you could be forgiven for thinking that people who buy their season tickets do so because they want to watch the tv money rather than their team playing in a league that isn't carved up.

I'm left asking the question - what additional quality does the tv money bring to the majority of teams in the SPL. How many overpaid, useless articles are lumbering about the place? Our international team isn't going to win big anytime soon. Our club sides are becoming less likely to win big anytime soon. Because on both counts, we simply cannot compete with our near neighbours.

The impact on our game beyond its domestic borders will be very limited. We are not performing in that arena anyway. So there must be an argument that if we can make the domestic league more competitive for 36 games a year then that is worth the sacrfice of a few quid.

Sod the television people and sod accountants. We'd probably be better off starting again with clubs reliant on finding and using Scottish young players instead of has-beens and second raters from beyond these shores.

Radio Scotland coverage has been pretty poor but i thought they would have better people than Traynor, Young or Dodds which 2 and maybe 3 of them are rangers fans. We need better balanced views than what the BBC has been putting out the last week.

the ironic thing was that last season turned out to most enjoyable, we had something to play for and thats what fans want to see. If you have a winning team on the park and play good football then the fans will follow.

Look at united, they had the best possible season not so long ago, im sure their crowds will begin falling again because you just cant match that each year.

Can you imagine a top league where almost any of 6 or 7 clubs could realistically win? this is proper success far more enjoyable than playing for 3rd place! Crowds would increase and the OF would be forgotten. hearts v aberdeen for example in a title decider guaranteed that would be sold out and on TV, brilliant, lets get it happening!

I think all this wishful thinking about Ranger's demise is wide of the mark. It may be morally wrong for Rangers to be readmitted into the SPL in some form but financially I would think that it would be a dead cert.

I would tend to see Geoff Brown's sentiments as typical of how most SPL Chairmen will be feeling. He thinks that many already cash-strapped SPL sides would face serious, and in some cases fatal, consequences if the Ibrox club goes into liquidation.

The TV deal would be lost and would the SPL get the (£10 million?) a year from the replacement for the Clydesdale Bank sponsorship/prize money which is about to end? Irn Bru only gives £1 million to the SFL.

As HJ has said in a league without Rangers clubs are looking at a 30% fall in turnover and a 50% cut in their wages bill. Many decent SPL and First Division players are presently finding life in the Championship, First, Second and even the Conference more lucrative than here under the present financial set-up. You may find a situation where most Conference clubs are offering more in wages than many SPL clubs. Now emigration to the English Leagues may not suit every half decent player in Scotland but it will be attractive to quite a few.

Edited by MacWatt

I've dine some in depth research into the take over and one outstanding questions remain about Lord Whytes's financing.

3 ginger bottles cashed is 90p, therefore where did the spare two bob come from? I've passed this to the FSA....

Radio Scotland coverage has been pretty poor but i thought they would have better people than Traynor, Young or Dodds which 2 and maybe 3 of them are rangers fans. We need better balanced views than what the BBC has been putting out the last week.

Billy Dodds in particular has been spouting absolute drivel since last Monday. His match summarising in general are usually murder, but since last Mondays Shit/Fan interface he's had to give his views on off field matters more often, and he's been totally found out as a blue nosed wee twat.

Last Friday I think it was, on Sportsound, it sounded like he was ready to blow a gasket and offer Tam Cowan outside - Dodds said that the Rangers support would be galvanised, and that on Saturday they would be out in support of the team and they'd get terrific backing in their hour of need etc, - Cowan said "where were they last weekend then? Was that no' an hour of need, against Dundee Utd in the cup?". Dodds was giving it "why bring that up, What's the point in bringing that up? That's just ridiculous etc".

Wee rat.

Edited by Did someone say I scream?

I have just had the following thought, hopefully someone will be able to confirm whether it is true or false.

We have the possibility, if Rangers are liquidated AFTER the split, of the team that is top of the bottom 6 having more points than the team that is bottom of the top 6, where there are actually only 5?

If someone could also uncross my eyes, that would be magic!

dodds is a wee rat, he was quite happy to take the pieces of silver offered at dens but as soon as it went pear shaped he was a bitter wee cunto. none of the players who were made redundant made a noise so why did he, at least he had a media job to fall back into. little twat.

I appreciate the consequences. It would be a challenge to face.

I think that's perhaps the understatement of the week. Small clubs face a massive hole in their turnover, and therefore the ability to pay wages; and indebted clubs face a huge gap in what they were to use to meet their repayments.

Whether that's worth it for 3-4 years without Rangers is the debate.

It's existence is a matter of fact, though, which may inform that debate.

I have just had the following thought, hopefully someone will be able to confirm whether it is true or false.

We have the possibility, if Rangers are liquidated AFTER the split, of the team that is top of the bottom 6 having more points than the team that is bottom of the top 6, where there are actually only 5?

If someone could also uncross my eyes, that would be magic!

Their Top 6 results would be expunged, and it'd become a Top 5... Whoever won the Bottom 6 would qualify for Europe, if the cup didn't take a slot. However, it's a pretty tight window for this scenario to occur, basically mid-April to mid-May.

Edited by HibeeJibee