Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think that the situation can best be summed up in the immortal words of Donald Rumsfeld as follows.............

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Thank you Roddy Forsyth.

Rumsfeld got seriously ridiculed for that but it was about the only time he made any sense.

Aye, I think if Whyte's plan was nothing more than to rape the arse out of Rangers and treat it as just another venture capital asset-stripping exercise to make a fast buck... it won't matter if he's got a King Billy tattoo on his dick... he'd better watch the mail.

That's true.

If you were to stage a popularity contest among the Rangers support now between Chris Whyte and Neil Lennon - Lennon would win hands down.

I think that the situation can best be summed up in the immortal words of Donald Rumsfeld as follows.............

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Thank you Roddy Forsyth.

Interesting that the Forsyth article mentions administration was a strong possibility for Rangers at least a couple of times in the last 11 or 12 years. If the press knew that, why was it kept so quiet? I remember Chic Young mentioning it before a game around 4 years ago, and he was ridiculed at the time, but other than that there has been nothing.

Salmond's comments rowing back today makes me think he knows whats coming.

The fat p***k is a bit late.

Him and his idiot Robison have already disgraced themselves beyond redemption.

The demise of Glasgow Rangers will obviously leave some football issues to be resolved, but I can't help thinking it will be enormously beneficial to the Scottish nation as a whole. Sectarianism disappears because it no longer has a focus. Celtic's Irish tradition becomes a quaint anachronism. Former Rangers supporters can vote in the referendum without being forced to follow follow the "God save the queen" tribalism.

What's not to like?

To be honest the whole thing has bugger all to do with Salmond or any other politician.

I suspect he was dipping his toe in the water to see if there was political capital to be gained from it. The immediate fallout seems to have prompted both of them to say "f**k that".

The demise of Glasgow Rangers will obviously leave some football issues to be resolved, but I can't help thinking it will be enormously beneficial to the Scottish nation as a whole. Sectarianism disappears because it no longer has a focus.

No - there'll just be an Orange Walk every Saturday to take up the slack.

I suspect he was dipping his toe in the water to see if there was political capital to be gained from it. The immediate fallout seems to have prompted both of them to say "f**k that".

I was a bit irritated by the comments at the time, but in the cold light of day, isn't it just a case of them producing the same meaningless platitudes they do when any Scottish business is in trouble?

I was a bit irritated by the comments at the time, but in the cold light of day, isn't it just a case of them producing the same meaningless platitudes they do when any Scottish business is in trouble?

To a degree yes - but I suspect they didn't know the full implications of the situation at the time, ie what has come out in the press in the last week over an increasing amount of unpaid tax.

Edit: I think Salmond also slightly underestimated the collective reaction of everyone who isn't a Rangers fan, especially Celtic. No point chasing a section of the vote if it alienates another!

Edited by Colin M

They will be back ?

:(

When they are back as Rangers II most of the die hard bigots either wont follow or will drift away, I can see Rangers II coming back without the history and the bigots. We managed to trim a heap of shyte from our support at the merger.

Chill out man, there's loads of time before they die. Lie back and enjoy the ride, we don't want everything coming out at once. I want this death to last for at least the three weeks leave I have left.

I think the administrators will try and get them to the end of the season if possible. They need some businessman or men to have £100 million to sort the club out and thats if Whyte is willing to sell to them for a bit of money. If that is impossible then i would expect them to go into liquidation.

Then the questions on how SPL will accommodate them - if that happens and they get back in then i will be telling my club to forgot about getting money from me.

Then the questions on how SPL will accommodate them - if that happens and they get back in then i will be telling my club to forgot about getting money from me.

I'm pretty sure that most football fans will be with you on that one. The notion of 'competition' goes out the window if Newco Rangers are fast tracked to the SPL.

Mind you, I think UEFA may have something to say as well...

ETA: Just realised what I said about UEFA. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ph34r:

Edited by The_Craig

If that is impossible then i would expect them to go into liquidation. Then the questions on how SPL will accommodate them - if that happens and they get back in then i will be telling my club to forgot about getting money from me.

This, I imagine, is the scenario the rest of the league dreads.

If they apply to transfer their league share, and it is as believed a Board issue, it can be carried by just CEO Neil Doncaster, Chairman Ralph, and 1 other club. This avoids clubs alienating their fans but would see calls for clubs to "do something" - and would render an already unpopular Doncaster a new degree of general revulsion.

If it goes to a vote of clubs, you've got chairman having to 'balance' placating fan anger v massive financial loss.

I don't know whether to find that thread funny or horrific. Some of them who're just going to work and straight to bed when they get in is pretty funny, but some of it... Bunch of animals.

You just have to approach it in the right spirit. ;)

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

"Let me taste your tears, Scott."

No - there'll just be an Orange Walk every Saturday to take up the slack.

Can't see that somehow... can you see the fat feckers marching round the streets in the middle of winter when it's cold and wet it down with their Union Jacks and Buckfast, fair weather marchers the lot of them... lol. Although there will be exceptions to that rule in Airdrie and surrounding areas, and parts of Ayrshire!!!

This doesn't wash with me. For example, even if it is an employer and going concern, if Cash Converters goes down the tubes, that would be a good thing for Scottish society. I used the previous example also about the Masonic Lodge, which also employs a good deal of people in Scotland.

Some "institutions" deserve to die, regardless of how many people they employ and politicians should be careful what masts they nail their colours to.

Edited by H_B

When they are back as Rangers II most of the die hard bigots either wont follow or will drift away, I can see Rangers II coming back without the history and the bigots. We managed to trim a heap of shyte from our support at the merger.

Interested by this.

I was a Thistle supporter back in the day, and do you mean ICT managed to shift all the "mini Bluenoses, Rangers of the North" shoit from the Caledonian part of the club? Were you a Caley man?