Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Then it makes sense for the club to do that so it has a chance of creating another company and try and get SFA/SPL to get them in the SPL again and then the new Rangers group will point to Dunfermline as an example that the league needs them with TV deals etc being changed.

What do you mean by 'the club' though? The club as an institution is liquidated in this plan. It is currently being run by administrators, and Craig Whyte is in hiding in Monaco, having nothing to do with it.

I don't see where the leadership for this is coming from within the existing club. If it comes from a fans group or a fabled 'Blue Knight', then they have to put in a lot more ground-work, and aren't guaranteed to pull everyone in the same direction. That's before the question of assets and where they'd play on Day 1 is brought up.

Edited by vikingTON

So when are the results of the Big Tax Case known and will that make a bit of difference to the Sons of William's plight?

I would welcome their demotion to Division III, not least since it would probably save DAFC's SPL status (not that we deserve it from on-field efforts).

As to any potential vote that comes up, I would have to think that Hearts, Dundee United and the Pars wouldn't be looking to do RFC any favours. We'll just have to see if money talks.

No one will put any money in with the big tax case hanging over their heads, really the only viable option for them to survive is that they actually go into liquidation and then the tax cases go away, obviously its a huge gamble but unless someone has the money to pay off all their debts (and who would do that) then things cant really go any other way.

Whilst the devastating news sinks in that any announcement is now likely to be made tomorrow (double edged sword right enough, as one of the tweets saying this was from the delectable Debi Edward), I wonder if anybody has read this blog piece from the BBC's Matt Slater? He wrote a few fantastic pieces on Portsmouth during their first admin, and he's raised a few very good points on Rangers predicament. It's also, unusually, generated a few decent comments instead of the usual arrant nonsense from the blue hoardes.

Matt Slater blog

Edited by Did someone say I scream?

Think I'll take a bucket over to Ibronx, stick we ur ra people and blu nights on it then I'll have plenty of cash for the plug-hole party come Monday :lol:

Glug glug.......

Ticketus shitting themselves:

Statement regarding Rangers Football Club

Following a meeting yesterday with Rangers Football Club's (the "Club" or "Rangers") administrators Duff & Phelps, Ticketus would like to state its desire for a rapid and successful conclusion to the Club's administration process and confirm its willingness to enter into discussions with any serious potential bidders for the Club.

We met with the administrators yesterday to make it clear that we intend to be part of a solution for the Club, and to ensure a fast and fair resolution is achieved for all parties. We outlined that this includes working with potential purchasers to help provide various financing solutions to the Club that would be attractive to new owners.

Ticketus believes that the best outcome for Rangers, its fans, Ticketus and our investors is for the administration process to be concluded as soon as possible, with a purchaser found who is able to bring stability to the Club.

Ticketus has an obligation to its investors to pursue all avenues to ensure that the ticket purchase agreement it entered into with the Club is honoured, and we are committed to going to the lengths necessary to ensure that the future of the Club is preserved and its agreement with Ticketus fulfilled. We believe that our investors' interests are aligned to those looking to safeguard the Club's future.

We have already been in contact with a number of other key stakeholders, including potential bidders and fans' representatives, and believe working collaboratively with all parties to create a solution for the Club that puts it on a secure financial footing must be everyone's priority.

Ticketus looks forward to continuing to work with the administrators and serious potential bidders to secure a positive outcome for the Club.

Edited by welshbairn

So Ticketus are f*cked in the event of liquidation, and Rangers lose a massive portion of their income stream for several years if Ticketus don't get f*cked. Liquidation is looking ever more inevitable.

Reading this thread has got me through a tough few weeks. I'm sat at work reading this on my phone and the tears of laughter are flowing. Magic stuff lads.

Hopefully this adds to the enjoyment.... 8)

post-11339-0-33019600-1330612524_thumb.j

If Craig Whyte and Ticketus are not seen as preferred creditors, and Ticketus's claims are worthless if the club ceases to exist, the ordinary creditors including the HMRC might be a lot better off if the club is liquidated, and Duffman would be obliged to make that happen..rolleyes.gif Speaking as an amateur voyeur, that is...

Gary Macdonald ‏ @GMacdonald67

Full Rangers youth setup pulled in to Murray Park for a talk about "Life After Football" from PFA. No one willing to pay 12k for youth?.

I assume he is of the green persuasion with that name but it would not surprise me if that was one option that would certainly happen today.

I'd imagine this sort of thing would be standard across all SPL clubs. Most youth players at SPL clubs are released when they hit 18/19, even at clubs which aren't in administration or financial difficulty.