Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thought it was expulsion that was deemed too harsh.

So if that's too harsh, and Cup ban nae harsh enough, looks helluva like a suspension?

So how about splitting the difference - suspend them for half a season in the SPL. They forfeit those games 0-3. Then they come back into the league halfway. Most likely the'd still survive relegation, but if they weren't dead by then it would still be amusing.

Not a serious proposal BTW ;)

Thought they'd lost the BTC, and it had progressed to appeal. Progressed being an oxymoron in this instance.

It isn't like a legal case. The HMRC told Rangers that their use of EBTs was not permitted under tax laws, and demanded payment of the tax that they believed was due. Rangers have appealed that decision.

Doesnt matter. That just makes it a legal requirement. Not paying your footballing debts is something UEFA and FIFA frown upon. As has already been covered on here, Dundee made arrangements to pay their footballing debt in full outwith the CVA.

I'm wondering if the RFFF might end-up being the way around this? I.e. Rangers don't pay the football creditors 100p in £ as it'd annoy HMRC - but the RFFF pays them?

According to the Herald its suspension AND expulsion.

http://www.heraldsco...er-ban.17737010 edit for link

There is nothing in that article which states that it WILL be suspension and expulsion. It suggest only that there could be a less severe or a more severe punishment open to the panel,nothing else. Nowhere does it state what will happen.

Regan says the SFA will not consider additional sanctions against Rangers for taking their case to the civil court, and not to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

"There is a consideration that we have within our articles where going outside of the Scottish FA's articles and going to a civil court technically could have breached the Scottish FA's articles," he said.

"However, in light of Lord Glennie's comments and having discussed the matter with Fifa, it is not our intention to take any action.

"We are aware of the reasons why Rangers did what they did and we will not be pursuing them for that."

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

More lube please...

There is nothing in that article which states that it WILL be suspension and expulsion. It suggest only that there could be a less severe or a more severe punishment open to the panel,nothing else. Nowhere does it state what will happen.

How could The Herald possibly know anyway? Exactly the reason i never even bothered opening the link

More lube please...

What else could they say? The appeal to arbitration was blocked by the SFAs own rules so Rangers had no option. Now it is obvious that FIFA got involved only to reprimand the SFA on this issue and all the talk about FIFA looking for Rangers to be punished was more utter drivel from our media.

Regan really is getting away lightly here by both the media and the supporters.

I'm wondering if the RFFF might end-up being the way around this? I.e. Rangers don't pay the football creditors 100p in £ as it'd annoy HMRC - but the RFFF pays them?

but there's no "privy of contract" though ?

More lube please...

I am reading it that he is leaving no recourse to return to the court. If he states that Rangers are to be punished for going to court, or the punishment will be harsher for going to court then the SFA may be vulnerable. He has made it clear that the avenue of going to the CAS is available, therefore further appeals by Rangers to CoS could be punished separately.

I dont think Baron Greenback's plan to change the name of Murray Park will capture the imagination of the Orcs. I'm sure a large number of them went to bed last night wondering "What the f**k has Charlton Heston got to do with this club?":rolleyes:

I don't see what you're getting at - I'm sure I've read that the total raised by the RFFFFFFFFFFFF was less than £600k and they pissed most of that away on legal counsel and reseeding.

To take just a few examples - how does RFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF settle:-

Chelsea - £238k

Hearts - £800k

Arsenal - £136k

Man city - £328k

Rapid - £1m

Regan says the SFA will not consider additional sanctions against Rangers for taking their case to the civil court, and not to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

"There is a consideration that we have within our articles where going outside of the Scottish FA's articles and going to a civil court technically could have breached the Scottish FA's articles," he said.

"However, in light of Lord Glennie's comments and having discussed the matter with Fifa, it is not our intention to take any action.

"We are aware of the reasons why Rangers did what they did and we will not be pursuing them for that."

That is a terrible precedent. I have an image of all the ghosts of SFA blazers past screaming at Regan.

He might have sowed some evil seeds here.

What else could they say? The appeal to arbitration was blocked by the SFAs own rules so Rangers had no option. Now it is obvious that FIFA got involved only to reprimand the SFA on this issue and all the talk about FIFA looking for Rangers to be punished was more utter drivel from our media.

Regan really is getting away lightly here by both the media and the supporters.

For someone who takes great joy in lambasting people for conjecturing, you do a hell of a lot of it yourself

I am reading it that he is leaving no recourse to return to the court. If he states that Rangers are to be punished for going to court, or the punishment will be harsher for going to court then the SFA may be vulnerable. He has made it clear that the avenue of going to the CAS is available, therefore further appeals by Rangers to CoS could be punished separately.

That's what you'd expect to happen, yep. Although their was ambiguity in their rules the SFA have now made clear, off their own bat, that they'll be happy with a club going to CAS as the legitimate recourse.

If Rangers were, for example, to be suspended/expelled, then launch an appeal on the basis of the original tribunal saying that is too harsh, you'd imagine it'd be to CAS not CoS. In any case, going to CAS could mean a lengthy interim period (as cases often take ages) with the punishment set aside for that duration, buying time.

In practical terms, CoS probably wouldn't get into matters of appropriate punishment anyway, hence futile destination.

Only grey area could be r.e. going back to original panel v appeal panel.

That is a terrible precedent. I have an image of all the ghosts of SFA blazers past screaming at Regan.

He might have sowed some evil seeds here.

Im not so sure. As we know, Rangers went to court to appeal the process, in effect, rather than the actual punishment. Therefore, theres no precedent that would allow, for example, a player sent off to appeal their suspension - as long as they were punished in accordance with the rules. The SFA can avoid any other clubs taking action by making sure they apply the rules exactly as they are written.

Trying to take action against Rangers for going to the CoS would open up a whole new round of legal wrangling with Rangers claiming they had no choice and the SFA claiming that the wording of the rules doesnt actually preclude an appeal to CAS. It wouldnt achieve anything, ultimately.