Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's really rather simple. The entity Rangers FC with its 54 titles etc. will cease to exist. Green (or whoever) will buy some of that old entity's assets. These will include premises etc. He cannot buy history. (To labour the point, what if the administrators tried to sell off title to the individual titles. 'What am I bid for a ECWC? A UEFA final? The 1896 Glasgow Cup?' Maybe I should start a fund to buy a Scottish Cup or League Cup for my club. Ridiculous.)

So whatever he and fans of the new club may argue it would be a completely new entity that just happens to play at Ibrox (or the Ryanair stadium or whatever it will be known in future), happens to play in blue, inappropriately has 5 stars on its badge, etc etc. Rangers are gone, irrespective of whether a newco appears in the Premier League, SFL3, a junior league or the Govan and District pub league.

This rather misses the point though.

Their argument of a continuity of history and honours will be "continuity in footballing eyes" - the continued shares and memberships. In the manner Clach, Leeds, etc. did. He cannot buy history but it's not an asset anyway - it's a concept. And being conceptual, it doesn't prevent a continuity/association in official eyes.

Mind have watched the hatred.. for months.. welcome to my ward...Will to be honest.. treat you with respect.. you support hearts

^^^^ quoting yourself cuz your a simpleton

1339620246[/url]' post='6332924']

First time poster.. tonight.. A nurse.. Almost anyone who posts on this thread are evil unemployed people who take my taxes.. to post this much you couldnt work.. Get a job :)

Thanks for the suggestion, chum, but I've already got a job. And a team to support next season too. What about you? smile.gif

1339620741[/url]' post='6332974']

The Rangers case was different. It wasn't about the decision but the punishment. The SFA panel imposed a sanction beyond that which they were allowed to do. Why on earth should we not have had recourse to The Court of Session?

OK so maybe, as a result, we'll face bigger sanctions. That's fine, but there is a serious point. Clubs maybe sign up to FIFA's rules but, on the other hand, the decisions of individual FAs surely must be held to scrutiny.

I can't remember the exact wording but I believe there was a clause saying something to the effect of 'or any other punishment we deem fit'. Now my question, and I'm not trying to antagonise, I genuinely would like to know - What jurisdiction do the CoS have for telling a private club what it can and can't do (provided it is within the framework of the law)?

1745 Prince Charles Edward Stewart raises his standard at Glenfinnan and procedes to assemble an army to win back his throne.

I've just been putting together a few Powerpoint slides about the Jacobite Rising of 1745 while watching the Germany game. I come back on here and this is the first post I see. Weird / creepy / funny, (delete as appropriate).

Mind have watched the hatred.. for months.. welcome to my ward...Will to be honest.. treat you with respect.. you support hearts

And you support who??

answer : a non existant team who cheated their way to several titles over the last ten years

I think you are not a nurse but an inmate of Carstairs laugh.gif

It was against Dundee and Bobby Geddes - He swung it in from the stand side and was tipped over. He went over and scored direct from the terracing side. Great days!

My best day seeing Falkirk was aboots 1982???? Youz got promoted after beating East Fife and a pitch invasion ensued where one of your players threw me his jersey (I with with Falkirk fan). To top it off on the train back to Edinburgh we heard the result of Dundee Utd v Hearts and fans greetin on the terraces - the whole train fell into fits of laughter

The SPL fans are now financial experts.. LMFAO..

'You have a grandchild' - you are a nurse - you should be a doctor by now, troll.

The SPL fans are now financial experts.. LMFAO..

Finance doesn't really come into it. Rangers fans will say "we're still Rangers, we've got the same memberships, look at Leeds, look at Clachnacuddin". Non-Rangers fans will say "you wen't bust, you had to move your memberships to a new Ltd company, I don't care about Leeds or Clach, you're not still Rangers". This is unresolvable.

What is resolvable is the position of governing bodies (which generates legitimacy) and of media (which articulates it).

It appears - based on previous cases here and down south - that the govering bodies will probably say "same", albeit Rangers = bigger controversy.

Media are less predictable.