Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Finance doesn't really come into it. Rangers fans will say "we're still Rangers, we've got the same memberships, look at Leeds, look at Clachnacuddin". Non-Rangers fans will say "you wen't bust, you had to move your memberships to a new Ltd company, I don't care about Leeds or Clach, you're not still Rangers". This is unresolvable.

What is resolvable is the position of governing bodies (which generates legitimacy) and of media (which articulates it).

It appears - based on previous cases here and down south - that the govering bodies will probably say "same", albeit Rangers = bigger controversy.

Media are less predictable.

If the 11 chairmen decide to vote NEWCO into the SPL the very least they could do is force them to take on a new name.

I want them to be called govan dodgers or something along those lines.:lol:

Whatever.. worked full time since 16 as a nurse.. My club stole nothing.. the suits did

:eek: I have consistently backed ordinary Rangers fans throughout this shambles, but you represent everything that is despicable about your club! No class, no conscience, no style, no morals, no guilt, no humility. Just go away and stick to RM or its ilk! :guns

If the 11 chairmen decide to vote NEWCO into the SPL the very least they could do is force them to take on a new name.

I want them to be called govan dodgers or something along those lines.:lol:

a badge thats a blank crest with the words "no history" inside

The Rangers case was different. It wasn't about the decision but the punishment. The SFA panel imposed a sanction beyond that which they were allowed to do. Why on earth should we not have had recourse to The Court of Session?

OK so maybe, as a result, we'll face bigger sanctions. That's fine, but there is a serious point. Clubs maybe sign up to FIFA's rules but, on the other hand, the decisions of individual FAs surely must be held to scrutiny.

well no, FIFA have very good reasons for insisting clubs and associations dont go to the courts.

firstly, there are a lot of undemocratic countries in the world where dictatorships want to meddle in football. this stops them.

more importantly, the law is a very slow and expensive process. FIFA dont want leagues getting delayed as decisions are appealed and appealed in courts.

thirdly, its a game! rules are designed for a sport, not for businesses. as someone else said, you could have every player banned for getting a few yellow cards taking the association to court and having his lawyer argue that you cant prove beyond all reasonable doubt that he didnt touch the ball.

funny how the whole of world football is happy about it except rangers. who do want to challenge every single decision. over and over and over.

'Cos I don't maintain to the West Coast Prod must be a Unionist shit? Feck off wae yer Ayrshire shit.

Does this make sense to anyone else??? In case you've just arrived in, a few pages ago I questioned his sick/thick claim that WW2 maybe threatened Scotland's freedom. He was struggling to accuse WRK of being a bigot at the time.

I genuinely don't know whether to be angry or feel pity towards this guy. :blink:

If I were a Rangers fan I would be very worried about this basic misunderstanding of the law. Makes me wonder whether he is just in it for the money. Some free shares which he can then flog to the fans and walk away with a huge profit. Wish I could afford to subscribe to the newco :)

You're forgetting that this is Rangers. You don't need any money to buy anything. You just sign a paper and then walk away when people ask you to pay up. :D

Just got round to watching last night's Newsnight. Rangers guy on there saying the fans position is 'We only want back into the SPL if there are no sanctions (financial penalties, points deductions, etc.)'.

It's yet to be seen if they do 'walking away' but one thing's certain, they don't do humility.

I am a nurse.. And this thread has been.. from observation.. Evil

I agree.

Thousands of morally reprehensible posts urging the death of a glorious institution which has never put a foot wrong in it's proud history. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

I look forward to reading the stories in the Sun about your personal struggles against the members of the SFA tribunal.

I know the lad was a Rangers fan, but jeezo, he was hardly a knuckle dragger :lol:

This thread is akin to a lynch mob sometimes, chasing out anyone who dear speak up for their club. Poor guy.

Spot on Kyle. This is really, really unpleasant stuff. People demand to know why Rangers fans aren't on the forum to defend/apologise, but then when some do show up, they get nothing but abuse. Its been this way for years on this forum, and its fucking disgusting. Too many people have this assumption that all OF fans are gloryhunting bigots, and then behave like absolute animals to them. That guy, from what I read, did absolutely nothing wrong, and yet he was hounded, purely because he was a Rangers fan. Over the last couple of days, I've formed the opinion that some of the non OF fans on here really need to take a look at themselves.

Yes, Rangers deserve to die. I bought the Sun AND the Record today, just for the front pages. Yes, they need to get humped down to the lower divisions. And yes, their club cheated, stole and lied for years. Oh, and yes, they have quite a lot of absolutely fuckwitted fans and some unpleasant sectarian/political associations. However, that doesn't mean all their fans are bigots, and it doesn't mean that new posters deserve the abuse they are getting.

I'm up for sensible discussion but before we progress in that direction you, Kincardine, maybe should have a wee look back at some of the posts you've made in the past. I understand that you may be feeling especially sensitive at the moment but if you were consistently reasonable you may experience less confrontation on this forum.

Pish. He's an OF fan. There is very little he can say, especially with the lynch mob in full swing. I've disagreed with Kincardine's opinions before, but he's also hardly a knuckle dragging bigot.