Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just read Steven Thomson's comments in tonight's Evening Telegraph with a growing sense of unease.

He speaks about room for compromise and is quoted as saying. "We're not saying we want them in the Third Division.". "We have to find a conclusion that sorts this properly and doesn't damage Scottish football"

I spent over £1,200 today on three adult season tickets. If he does anything to enable newco to get into the First Division Dundee United will never get a penny from me for the rest of my life.

Well fortunately, there is no precedent for the SPL looking after their own, without any regard to the good of the game at the lower level. The SPL chairmen can vote no, and then that is that. They don't need to contribute anything more. The next step for Rangers would be their SFL application, which doesn't involve the SPL clubs.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5986&Itemid=320

“The board at Falkirk FC strongly believe the current turmoil should be a catalyst for change in Scottish Football. League reconstruction, First Division play-offs, a fairer distribution of the game’s wealth and the ending of undemocratic voting systems should be the minimum level of change.”

“It would be totally unacceptable if a “Rangers Newco” were admitted to the First Division on the current rules...

Thats the big fucking caveat right there.

ps - Playoffs! I have watched United win the league, beat some of the best teams in Europe, win the cup at the 7th attempt, but without doubt the most thrilling moment ever was Brian Welsh heading past Nicky Walker in our play-off win back in 96!

Not relevant but I remember watching United at Firhill when they scored and the ball hit the net support and bounced out.

A Thistle defender picked it up and booted it up to the centre circle for the restart.

The ref waved play on! No goal was given. Hardly any complaint as everyone was totally dumbstruck.

Most bizarre non goal I've ever witnessed.

I think there's a link to it from the youtube page with the playoff vid.

It was Les Mottram the referee, and Paddy Connolly that 'scored' the goal.

Obviously the playoff was awesome for United and devastating for Thistle, but that is the beauty of them. Tannadice was sold out and Firhill was packed as well.

The vote on newco should be quick and simple and has been voiced and made clear from everyone including the orcs.

3rd division please for newco

I can't fcuking see why they couldn't vote any other way without incurring the wrath of the fans :blink:.

Just read Steven Thomson's comments in tonight's Evening Telegraph with a growing sense of unease.

He speaks about room for compromise and is quoted as saying. "We're not saying we want them in the Third Division.". "We have to find a conclusion that sorts this properly and doesn't damage Scottish football"

I spent over £1,200 today on three adult season tickets. If he does anything to enable newco to get into the First Division Dundee United will never get a penny from me for the rest of my life.

I see what you are saying but the main task is firstly getting the out of the SPL, I think we all agree change needs to happen, there is no reason why Rangers should get catapulted into the top of a new lower league setup though, and you would think that the guys like Longmuir who want to see the lower divisions getting a money injection would really have no benefit to see them in a revamped first, but starting at the bottom and sharing some cash around the leagues with the new exposure it would bring.

There's far too much talk of this 1st division nonsense coming from too many different sources for it to be coincidence I think there's a deal being done on the fly that they think will appease the obviously unhappy fans. They can think again if they think promoting them, not demoting them, into the 1st will bring an end to the fans anger.

The Falkirk statement is the sort of shifty nonsense SPL chairmen were rolling out a couple of months ago.

I think it's actually worse than that. Looks like an opportunistic attempt to bring SPL2 back to the table.

What can he do? Unless SPL2 comes about he won't get a say in what the SFL decide to do with this new organisation, surely?

There was a suggestion in one of today's papers, can't remember what one, that to placate other First Division sides who may lose out promotion if newco are parachuted in, there may be a play-off to the SPL in addition to the automatic promotion/relegation. That would obviously need SPL approval. I would think the SPL teams would be crazy to agree to this if the sole purpose was as an appeasement, but if this proves to be the case then it would stink of collusion and behind-closed-door deals.

I may be reading too much into ST's comments, but after the stance the club took last night I see no reason for him to comment on where newco could or should end up.

I hope I'm just a grumpy paranoid old bugger. :lol:

Nicked from KDS :-

This from FF

I understand that.......

...........despite all the (secretive) promises to the RFFF, Green desperate to get access to this money to fund tax securities.

What is a tax security?

In a situation like ours, once the newco starts trading, the taxman will come along and serve something called a Notice of Requirement. This means that the newco will have to put up a cash security equivalent to say 4 months vat in advance. The taxman will keep this for say 2 years, if you like insurance that the newco pays the VAT on time.

They will also do something similiar for PAYE tax.

If the security is not paid, then the newco is trading illegally, and will be closed.

Green urgently needs to find this money, as he had not considered this.

Meantime, recently failed "bidders" continue to mount there next move.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hector - once bitten, twice shy. :lol:

Who you calling Granpa, ya cheeky wee shite? Anyway, you're forgiven. This might confrim what I allded to earlier, in the vernacular, having spent £10m? they ain't got a pot to piss in.

It would be disgraceful if, following a rare display of baws by the SPL rebel clubs, that the First Division chairmen's grasping hands bring Hungers 2012 into Div One.

Assuming of course this compromise wasn't already ironed out between them.

We are well aware of the strength of feeling that has already been articulated on this issue but believe that it's important for every shareholder and adult season ticket holder to be provided with an opportunity to contribute a personal opinion. The process will build on the successful consultation procedures used with East Stand season ticket holders a few months ago.

Michael Johnston

When he says that, I assume he means season ticket holders from last season, but given how he is I can't be certain.

I had a student season ticket, so presumably I won't get to vote anyway.

It would be disgraceful if, following a rare display of baws by the SPL rebel clubs, that the First Division chairmen's grasping hands bring Hungers 2012 into Div One.

Assuming of course this compromise wasn't already ironed out between them.

Yup. No more from me. Golf will fill my Saturdays from now on if that's the case.

A horrible position to be in though - I've supported Falkirk all my life and have a kid due in a couple of months. Was really looking forward to taking him / her along to the football, as my Dad did with me.

The Rangers HAVE to go down to Division 3. If they get accepted by the SFL. That's where Livingston ended up and we would have too, if we were in the close season. And what we were guilty of is nothing, nothing, compared to the serial decade or so of cheating that went on at Ibrox.

Just don't see where any compromise comes in. What would be the argument for The Rangers in SFL1?

I'm happy to boycott Dens if Dundee vote for this shocking state of affairs. We must all do the same. We've seen what power the fans have.

There was a suggestion in one of today's papers, can't remember what one, that to placate other First Division sides who may lose out promotion if newco are parachuted in, there may be a play-off to the SPL in addition to the automatic promotion/relegation. That would obviously need SPL approval. I would think the SPL teams would be crazy to agree to this if the sole purpose was as an appeasement, but if this proves to be the case then it would stink of collusion and behind-closed-door deals.

I may be reading too much into ST's comments, but after the stance the club took last night I see no reason for him to comment on where newco could or should end up.

I hope I'm just a grumpy paranoid old bugger. :lol:

The more I think about it, I'm starting to agree :( Either this or SPL2. A lot of people are talking about this situation as a chance for genuine reform. This is true, but how does rolling out the red carpet for the disgraced carcass of Rangers indicate anything but the same old same old? I don't think a play-off place is an appropriate price to pay for treating this newco differently from any other.

And BBC too:

"Should Green's group not get the required 8-4 vote in their favour for top flight football, they would have to apply to fill the vacancy that would be created by a team being promoted from the Scottish Football League. "

Surely the interesting part of that quote is the last half?! Is it a done deal that Dundee (see what I did there?) are going up?

Firhill is obviously getting swamped by complaints from fans over Beatties comments. They have cobbled together a quick statement that doesnt really say anything much different, but its obvious they know the strength of feeling from our fans!!

http://www.ptfc.co.u...rd_of_directors

Edited by Sting777