Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

United had only sold 1700 tickets upto yesterday. The ticket office has been packed today and sold hundreds more. All we wanted was for our chairman to show some leadership and say NO. If, in the very unlikely looking event now, that they do get voted into the SPL, well, I won't be back, but my club will have my money, and they deserve it now.

ps - Playoffs! I have watched United win the league, beat some of the best teams in Europe, win the cup at the 7th attempt, but without doubt the most thrilling moment ever was Brian Welsh heading past Nicky Walker in our play-off win back in 96!

That is uncalled for!!!!!

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug #SPL clubs are to meet next Thursday to discuss implications of a newco vote. #SPL board expected to put forward recommendations and under the heading 'Any Other Business' are expected to sack that imbecilic twat Doncaster.

Absolutely spot on. They should be booted out and if a new club is formed, they can apply for the vacant slot, along with any other interested parties (and their application should not be given any preference over any other club).

Yep. They should be treated exactly like any other club that chooses to apply.

There are no obvious Clydebanks out there right now. I'm not sure on this, but I think the SFL have tightened up the rules on those rebrands after Airdrie United: presumably thinking all the horses had safely bolted first.

The one that comes to mind is Cowdenbeath. Tiny home attendances, and homeless after this season with nothing lined up (as far as I know). This is my concern about saying no to them in the SFL. It might require a lot of hoopjumping and money, but if the SFL choose to vote in Cove (for example), Rangers might well just gobble up Cowdenbeath.

ps - Playoffs! I have watched United win the league, beat some of the best teams in Europe, win the cup at the 7th attempt, but without doubt the most thrilling moment ever was Brian Welsh heading past Nicky Walker in our play-off win back in 96!

Not relevant but I remember watching United at Firhill when they scored and the ball hit the net support and bounced out.

A Thistle defender picked it up and booted it up to the centre circle for the restart.

The ref waved play on! No goal was given. Hardly any complaint as everyone was totally dumbstruck.

Most bizarre non goal I've ever witnessed.

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaug#SPL clubs are to meet next Thursday to discuss implications of a newco vote. #SPL board expected to put forward recommendations.

Hopefully that means they'll know it's a No by then, Sevco Rangers will have withdrawn the application, and they will be discussing who the replacement will be and the position going forward.

Worst case scenario is that they suddenly decide that Rangers are guilty of dual contracts and relegate the oldco before the vote.

Edited by craigkillie

Yep. They should be treated exactly like any other club that chooses to apply.

The one that comes to mind is Cowdenbeath. Tiny home attendances, and homeless after this season with nothing lined up (as far as I know). This is my concern about saying no to them in the SFL. It might require a lot of hoopjumping and money, but if the SFL choose to vote in Cove (for example), Rangers might well just gobble up Cowdenbeath.

Big Geo will get to watch them for more than a season.smile.gif

"Rangers Newco" consultation with Kilmarnock FC shareholders and season ticket holders

Ahead of the SPL General Meeting on 4th July, when the member clubs will vote on the "Rangers Newco" application for SPL membership, it is the club's intention to consult directly by post and email with our most important stakeholders - shareholders and season ticket holders.

We are well aware of the strength of feeling that has already been articulated on this issue but believe that it's important for every shareholder and adult season ticket holder to be provided with an opportunity to contribute a personal opinion. The process will build on the successful consultation procedures used with East Stand season ticket holders a few months ago.

Ideally, we would have sent something out this week but with changing events and circumstances, we owe it to our supporters to provide the most up to date facts available.

For that reason, the consultation document is currently scheduled for distribution early next week.

If you have changed your home or email address over the last twelve months and not yet notified the club, please send your up to date contact information by email to general@kilmarnockfc.co.uk or by telephone on 01563 545300 to make sure we get your view.

Michael Johnston

Chairman

Not relevant but I remember watching United at Firhill when they scored and the ball hit the net support and bounced out.

A Thistle defender picked it up and booted it up to the centre circle for the restart.

The ref waved play on! No goal was given. Hardly any complaint as everyone was totally dumbstruck.

Step forwad Mr Douglas Syme.

I'm a dick it was Les Mottram :lol:

Edited by Wellboy1978

Just read Steven Thomson's comments in tonight's Evening Telegraph with a growing sense of unease.

He speaks about room for compromise and is quoted as saying. "We're not saying we want them in the Third Division.". "We have to find a conclusion that sorts this properly and doesn't damage Scottish football"

I spent over £1,200 today on three adult season tickets. If he does anything to enable newco to get into the First Division Dundee United will never get a penny from me for the rest of my life.

Must be the way I read it then :(

It's the "on the current rules" part tacked on at the end of one of his statements. It sounds very much like he's willing to accept SevCo in return for some kind of deal to amend the rules.

"Rangers Newco" consultation with Kilmarnock FC shareholders and season ticket holders

Ahead of the SPL General Meeting on 4th July, when the member clubs will vote on the "Rangers Newco" application for SPL membership, it is the club's intention to consult directly by post and email with our most important stakeholders - shareholders and season ticket holders.

We are well aware of the strength of feeling that has already been articulated on this issue but believe that it's important for every shareholder and adult season ticket holder to be provided with an opportunity to contribute a personal opinion. The process will build on the successful consultation procedures used with East Stand season ticket holders a few months ago.

Ideally, we would have sent something out this week but with changing events and circumstances, we owe it to our supporters to provide the most up to date facts available.

For that reason, the consultation document is currently scheduled for distribution early next week.

If you have changed your home or email address over the last twelve months and not yet notified the club, please send your up to date contact information by email to general@kilmarnockfc.co.uk or by telephone on 01563 545300 to make sure we get your view.

Michael Johnston

Chairman

Johnston obviously suffering from a bit of anal leakage after the Romanov / Thompson statements. Now he'll be able to say it was the Killie fans choice to say 'no'.

I was also there that day Mottram made an arse of it. Never seen anything like it. As for complaints, check out McLean and Sturrock at half time. lol

Just read Steven Thomson's comments in tonight's Evening Telegraph with a growing sense of unease.

He speaks about room for compromise and is quoted as saying. "We're not saying we want them in the Third Division.". "We have to find a conclusion that sorts this properly and doesn't damage Scottish football"

I spent over £1,200 today on three adult season tickets. If he does anything to enable newco to get into the First Division Dundee United will never get a penny from me for the rest of my life.

What can he do? Unless SPL2 comes about he won't get a say in what the SFL decide to do with this new organisation, surely?